Sign in to follow this  
evildead

Moc - Royale Trading Post - St. Ann's Cliff

Very very nice!

I think the windmalls a bit to fast looking. :pir_laugh2: Producing thousands of wheat a day! Do you have a video with the working windmill?

I looks like it could be a small island connected to the Isle of Wight. :thumbup:

Nice island. I really like the 'curves' on the fort.

wow! thats awesome! i really like the houses and all the grassy area. i and like the extra details like the rocks out in the water and all the trees. so again great job!

The only things i would change would be to change the color of the flag to blue and change the yellow and roof to dark blue. but thats just my color preference, i would'nt chage anything on the actual structure model.

That is a very beautiful island indeed!

The competition is going to get very hard now.

You have created so many good things I don´t even know where to start at all. I am just dribbling.

One very fun thing though is the windmill for sure :pir_laugh2:

It looks very dangerous. The guys working there must be very carefull for sure. Is it possible to make a gear to slow it down?

:pir_laugh2: Awesome moc- these sort of ports are really worth seeing- so much stuff build out of legos- just brilliantly designed and built :pir-cry_happy: - but that windmill -even though is great :pir-classic: - looks a bit- well... dangerous :imperialguard_commander1:

:pir-tongue:

This is my entry for the PTVII - Large Division (yes SlyOwl, you have convinced me :pir_laugh2: )and it's called:

Hehe, good to see it here! :pir-grin:

As I said on Flickr, I really like this MOC as a whole - there's a nice variation in styles and landscape within a managable baseplate size.

My only criticism would be the slightly square edges of the beach on the far side.

Looks amazing! I love the fort and the windmill but I equally like the landscaping you've done. Just the horse-drawn cart seems a little bit out of place on such a small island :pir-laugh: .

Much fun and luck with this year's Pillage the Village.

...there's a nice variation in styles and landscape within a managable baseplate size.

I agree with that, and that's precisely what I enjoy about this MOC the most. The way the fort is constructed along that rock looks marvellous - and so does that gap in the wall there :pir-wink: Those guys sure need some maintenance!

I must agree however that the windmill looks perhaps a tad bit busy... It's a nice effect, but I think that just a little directional blur would have been enough there instead - or even no effect whatsoever - windmills are always a nice thing to look at and with this whirlpool in front of it I don't think it looks appropriate. Besides, I think the best place for such a building would have been atop the small hill - but then, there's not enough place there... Oh well, a windmill on the beach is so Don Quixote :)

Best of luck in the contest and cheers for listening to SlyOwl and posting this beauty here!

The only things i would change would be to change the color of the flag to blue

Bluecoat flag? NEVER!

Nice moc, has a very 'classic' feel to it. Although for some reason i think ive seen it before, some months back. Was this part of a display at a show? The one that had real water in it.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah, I know the windmill is running really fast, but I tried to make it run slowly with "technic parts", but this was the best I managed to do... :pir-sceptic:

My only criticism would be the slightly square edges of the beach on the far side

I agree! It would be better if I had rounded it a bit more...

Nice moc, has a very 'classic' feel to it. Although for some reason i think ive seen it before, some months back. Was this part of a display at a show? The one that had real water in it.

Yes, you have seen it some months ago in the water display. But only a few days ago, I had the time to take individual pictures of it... so finally here it is... :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by evildead

Ahh, i knew id seen it :pir-classic: Great work, i think your the only person ive seen who has used the classic colours and made a more realistic moc with them. It really makes it stand out. Excellent stuff!

the yellow/white walls and red roof is very classic pirate looking. that color scheme is what makes classic sets classic in my opinion! i really like this fort! good work!