Sign in to follow this  
Tereglith

Steam Police Modified Baracuda Airship

I'm not certain why exactly I did this, but I did. It's a steampunk version of my Space Police III Modified Baracuda tcx17 Cruiser, and I like the engine rather a lot. The back just tags along, like it did on the original. Here it is (with Conrad at the controls, of course).

4135015044_7a9fc03d83_b.jpg

4135015048_300086b6c6.jpg

4135015054_feef5e78a9.jpg

(Note the propellers)

4135015062_4715d14dea.jpg

And a couple of comparison shots between the two:

4135015040_de7b7dbc71_b.jpg

4135015042_fec9fcf365.jpg

I really like this. The engine is really nice and I like how you added a hint of (red or dark red?).Although is there a way to get better pictures? Overall it is still very nice

I really like this. The engine is really nice and I like how you added a hint of (red or dark red?).Although is there a way to get better pictures? Overall it is still very nice

Thanks! I did use solely dark red - I really like how it looks on steampunk MOCs, it adds a bit of flair without being too bright. There is a way to get better pictures, but it involves setting up a photo studio, a task which I have neither the time nor space for. I actually just set things in my dad's leather chair :laugh:

I like steampunk. The engine is great and you have a lot of unique parts thrown in that really work well. Very nice!

Yep, the exo-force arms and troll helmets are great for steampunk. I thought the Dino Attack headlights were a nice touch, too.

Very nice Tereglith! :thumbup::wub:

The Steam punk is Great! :wub:

I really like all the greebling in it aswell!

Really well done with this!

CommanderFox

Great work all around Tereglith! But that tube looks really out of place but that's just my opinion though keep up the good work!

If I wasn't copying the design of my original cruiser, I might not have included the tube. But part of the description of the original was that there are power conduits that travel around the cockpit and feed into the engine at the back. I wanted to replicate this idea in this version, but I didn't want to have them integrated with the curved parts like the original, because it's steampunk, and everything's out in the open. So I added the tubes, which supply power to the steering propeller at the back. I've grown to like them. I tried taking them off and it made the area between the seat and the fin look too bare.

I'm rather longwinded, aren't I? :tongue:

That is insanely awesome. The engine is great. Really great. The overall design looks nice too. :classic:

All I see are greeblies. Are there any pictures of the overall shape from a top/side angle?

Yes, I believe you'll see them if you scroll down to the third and fourth pictures.