Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

10210 MOD - Brickbeard's Revenge

th_thindexedgif.gif 92a

I was asked whether the 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty sails are compatible in the review thread for the 10210 Imperial Flagship, and the short answer is yes! Here's a quicky MOD to show you how easily the Flagship can be converted to nefarious Piratey purposes. This was done in a bit of a hurry, so excuse the dodgy photos! Click on the pics below for 1024 wide versions.

4134500944_477c5a42e2.jpg

Side view:

4134501508_36f32dd000.jpg

Random Pirates ahoy! Yes, I know, I should have fixed the 1x2 blue plates. But I was in a hurry! Digging out all my old figs made me realise that the red bandana on the short chef in 10210 is the first time it's appeared since the original Pirates line.

4133742385_990f24cabb.jpg

The family Brickbeard and their new prisoner.

4134503016_8b075cd2d0.jpg

The 10210 just keeps on givin'! :pir_laugh2:

Very nice MOD, it seems you really are spending a lot of time 'playing' with your newest aquirement.

Thanks for the comparison, I am so yealous...

Nice modifictions and done quickly :pir-classic: Nothing to great. just a change of color scheme

I cant get enough of this set! Im just not much of a fan of those sails :pir-hmpf_bad: The 10210 are much better!

Great work Svelte, I was just thinking earlier how massive the new Imperial Flagship is and saw your review on it, and was stunned how much bigger it was than BBB, great mod!

I'm surprised the sails fit on this massive boat.

It's still the same hull width...

I much prefer the blue in the color scheme, but perhaps it would be sweet to redo the whole ship in the Brickbeard's Bounty color scheme.

And you managed to use the 'extra' red dress on the wench... :pir_laugh2:

And you managed to use the 'extra' red dress on the wench... :pir_laugh2:

Not much gets past you, does it? :laugh:

Ideally of course, one would want a 10210 in Imperial colours *and* a Piratised version :wink:

I even think the shape of the sails sit much more nicely on the 10210 masts than they do on the flex tubing. The other nice thing about the more solid masts is that if you move one cross-beam, the whole lot moves, so you lessen the messy effect you can get from random play with Brickbeard's Bounty.

Very nice Mod for sure. Fun to see the ship with other sails, and made into a Pirate one. Aarrrgh!

Hehe, you just had to didn't you.. :grin: Definitely better than the original Brickbeard's Revenge, but it also shows how much better the 10210 sails are compared to these glaring ones :wink:

We still need a comparison shot of the 10210 and the Black Seas Barracuda though, get to it :tongue:

We still need a comparison shot of the 10210 and the Black Seas Barracuda though, get to it :tongue:

I am more than happy to do one, when somebody sends me a BSB - preferably MISB :wink:

Christmas is coming up, you know...

Haha, very good Svelte, it doesn't look to bad with the dark red. Looks like Brick Beard doesn't need to worry after all.... :devil:

It looks like such a different ship with just the colours and sails changed, they make quite a difference. Looks like I'll definitely need two now... :wink:

Are you going to buy some extra cannons to fill out the spare ports? I always get annoyed having spare ports, and try and buy some extra cannons to fill them up on my ships. Always best when you have maximum fire power.

nice, but you gotta change the figurehead to something else too! :pir-tongue:

I agree, but this was the 'quicky' version :wink:

I can't say that I like the mermaid as a figurehead, to be honest. Suggestions are welcome!

Okay, now Imperial Flagship sails on the Brickbeard's Bounty... could you make it look like a pirate ship with nicer sails? Or maybe a small trading vessel? So many possibilities...

Incidentally, the red bandanna was in the chess set. But I guess that doesn't count...

Edited by David Thomsen

This version sttll looks very nice, although I'd prefer it only had the red/white sails, no big Jolly Rogers on them. :pir-classic:

Reminds me of my own modified Black Seas Barracuda which was turned into a Spanish vessel, but this one looks way better...

It's funny how just switching a few colours here and there changes the official set.