How do you rate this set?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Personally I think Brickbeard has the better colour scheme (dark red and gold) but this is nothing to sniff at and the Captain wins on acreage.

Since this thread has been bumped again I will add it is a great review :thumbup: and I must agree that the dark red and gold colours are great, so I am in the process of building this in that colour scheme. Also making it a 12 gun ship and a few other changes to use as many of my existing parts as possible. I will have to wait for the QAR set to get the sails to finish it off though.

That's a beautiful mod highflyingbean. :thumbup:

Those colors work very well together, and the new figurehead looks perfect.

By the way do you think the Imperial flagship is better than the coming Blackbeard's ship?

Edited by Silverface

That's a beautiful mod highflyingbean. :thumbup:

Indeed! One of the best IFS Mods I have seen. I still prefer MOCs, but it's amazing how much creativity and energy some people spend in enhancing the existing sets!

Finally got this all put together last night. Took me over 7 hours but this set is soooooo awesome! I already ordered my 4 extra cannons from bricklink and I might replace a couple of the smooth panels with 1x4's for the deck to attach more securely. Other than that it's time to start assembling a crew for this bad boy. I think I'm going to get some pirates in red and blue vests to use as sailors to compliment the soldiers they included. I also want to grab some extra flesh toned body parts so I can swap out the yellow faces whenever it's going up against the Queen Anne (that I'll hopefully one day own as well!). :pirate_skel1:

Great review! :thumbup: I'm definitely going to have to get this to have it wage war with my QAR & BP. I'll just have to get extra fleshie soldiers :pir_laugh2: .

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

I just want to express how excited I am that I have finally purchased this set today! I've been eyeing it since it was released... Okay, folks, that's all I wanted to say. Ahhh, sooo beautiful... :pir-cry_sad:

GREAT BARGIN

They are selling this set on Amazon for £137 including postage from France, This works out cheaper than buying it anywhere in the UK. I bought two of them, the first will be tucked away for the next twenty years as a mini investment, the other will be built and played with pronto!

cheers,

Hi,

I've bought this set, and built yesterday, it took me about 5 or 6 hours. I have a lot of sets but I think

this is really one of the best and most detailed ever.

Defenitely it worth to buy it!

I would use this for the HMS Interceptor from POTC, Or... -Movie Spoiler- The HMS Providence (Barbossa's New Ship) :pir-sweet:

I bought this a while back and just built it. I had a lot of fun building it, and am considering how to reinforce the front curved bit of the hull a bit. Maybe out a half pin in between the grey technic pieces and run a harry potter wand, or whatever that part is called, down into the bottom part. I will say that once built that section isn't too fragile; that's not to say that I'll pick it up by that area.

I finished building this set recently (€139 + shipping from Pixmania.ie) and now have it and the "Queen Anne's Revenge" sitting on the mantle piece. Of course this did result in me getting the "look" from my wife! It's a big set and looks impressive when it's displayed.

The one thing I think the QAR has over the Flagship is that you don't have to take the decks and masts off the QAR to get at the cannons. I also found that whenever I picked it up for the first couple of days, I had a tendency to dislodge the bow. I've since learned to pick it up differently :blush:

GREAT BARGIN

They are selling this set on Amazon for £137 including postage from France, This works out cheaper than buying it anywhere in the UK. I bought two of them, the first will be tucked away for the next twenty years as a mini investment, the other will be built and played with pronto!

cheers,

Have you tried Pixmania.co.uk? They're selling it for £110.30 plus £9.60 shipping.

Great review, it helped me in deciding to buy this set. It cost R1984 ($239 here in SA) but worth it as it is a fantastic display model, along with my imperial shuttle perhaps the best yet. If only I could buy three and make it slightly longer and a double decker, what ship that would be.

After laying on the shelf for more then a year I finally got around to build it today. Great build and beautifull ship. Glad I bought it (should have bought more). I also bought around 20 sets of the cannon battle 2 year ago for the extra cannons (were in a discount box for Euro 2,50)

Edited by OneSnowTrooper

Could you please help me to decide. I have a chance to buy this beauty MISB for EUR 210. The original price was 150, so it is 40% higher. I am a litle short wit the money but this could be my last chance.

I am mostly a castle and SW fan, but i have all the other pirate II sets.

What do you think?

Could you please help me to decide. I have a chance to buy this beauty MISB for EUR 210. The original price was 150, so it is 40% higher. I am a litle short wit the money but this could be my last chance.

What do you think?

the 10210 is best ship that Lego has released

but if you look it well, there is a few unique pieces on this set

If you want to have it for colecction, then, buy it new its my advise

If you want to have it, just for "have it", maybe, with patience and a little luck, you can buy it, piece by piece, on bricklink, and the prices for the few unique pieces (like the sails) could match, and be helped by the prices of common pieces to save you money... and the instrucction are online too.

its a fine ship, and one of the "must have to!" on lego pirates!

What do you think?

Get it before it's too late, if you can afford it. It's a masterpiece, and I'd love to have the money for it myself.

Get it while you can folks, this magnificent model is about to sail o'er the horizon, bound for the land o'resale markup! I was actually ok when my goofy kids knocked this off it's perch about five feet off the floor. It gave me a chance for a few mods I wanted to try. Anyway, the stock design is pretty nice as is. This is easily one of TLG's greatest creations. :wub: