How do you rate this set?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

My local Lego store informed me today that the set is off the shelf until Fall due to a technical issue with the set.

Anyone hear anything similar?

My local Lego store informed me today that the set is off the shelf until Fall due to a technical issue with the set.

Anyone hear anything similar?

What and odd piece of information... I mean, there are weak points in the ship, but nothing worth taking it off the shelves for.

In any case it's still for sale on S@H, which kind of disproves the information. :pir-classic:

Still thinking about buying this set...

Do you think it's worth the money?

Imo it's by far the best ship Lego has ever released. :wub:

So for every pirate fan this is a must-buy!

And even if you're not into ships there are still a few parts in rare and interesting colors you might buy this set for.

What and odd piece of information... I mean, there are weak points in the ship, but nothing worth taking it off the shelves for.

In any case it's still for sale on S@H, which kind of disproves the information. :pir-classic:

All I can do is repeat what they told me. I was in the store this morning and also noted that the built display was no longer out on display.

Nothing personal Wooten but I really hope that your information is wrong, especially considering I just ordered my copy of the Flagship today. :pir-look: I can't imagine there is some sort of quality issue with the set, we haven't heard anything in that regard, as I recall.

/Nervousness on :pir-sceptic:

Sadly this set is quite a bit out of my price range, but it certainly is one of if not the best pirate ship that Lego has ever sold. Could there have been a better way to end the Pirate theme I wonder?

Nothing personal Wooten but I really hope that your information is wrong, especially considering I just ordered my copy of the Flagship today. :pir-look: I can't imagine there is some sort of quality issue with the set, we haven't heard anything in that regard, as I recall.

/Nervousness on :pir-sceptic:

I swear I've seen some other guy around here with a name just like yours.

I swear I've seen some other guy around here with a name just like yours.

:pir-oh3:

Now that's just weird...and a really, really big coincidence. I promise, I wasn't copying you! :pir-blush:

I cannot wait for my copy of this set to show up in the mail. I've been saving aside for this set for months now!

Edited by Mac-K

That's an excellent review there, Svelte. I was actually hoping there might be other reviews for this on the site, or elsewhere, but this is the only one I have found! That's quite amazing, really! Maybe people are too busy drooling at their ships to write a review about it. :pir-tongue:

I remember when I first saw the name of this set listed on the Lego S&H website (does this replace the old S&H catalog I used to get?) and I thought cool, they are finally coming out with some new sets, and expected to click on it and see a medium-sized Imperial ship like in the old days.

Then I saw it and I was like wow... holy... they did it, they really did it! They finally made a large Imperial ship, and with three masts, one of them even being triple-sailed at that! Amazing! I must have gazed over it's pictures and read user's reviews there for weeks before finally getting up the gumption to ask for this for my birthday. Haha.

It's the one thing I asked for for my birthday and I must say it was totally worth it! It took me 2 days to build and I must say it is one of my favorite Lego ships ever! It ranks up there with the greats. Plus, who thought there would ever be something to make the Skulls Eye Schooner look small! Incredible, just incredible LEGO!

But then I find out that the new Pirates is being discontinued (again, they cancel one of their most popular lines for the second time?!) and the new Imperial Flagship isn't one of the next series of Pirates sets to come but possibly the last and technically a specialty item. :pir_bawling:

I really hope that the other sets don't sell out fast as I only have the aforementioned 10210, Cannon Battle, Loot Island, and the 2 impulse sets. I wanted to get at least the Brickbeard's Bounty and Soldier's Fort! It also looks like there will be no way for me to get the Pirate's Hideout (the shipwreck one) for a reasonable price. *sigh*

Anyway, sorry for the long post, slight off-topic, and my borderline mini-review, but... I guess I am just new here and I had a lot to say, and this seems to be a well-trafficked thread. I probably should have joined this place long ago when I first found out about it. A fan group for fans of classic pirates, too awesome!

P.S. I may post some of my custom sets soon but I don't know how they will compare to some of these amazing ones I have seen from people with apparently much more Lego bricks in their collection!

:pir-oh3:

Now that's just weird...and a really, really big coincidence. I promise, I wasn't copying you! :pir-blush:

I cannot wait for my copy of this set to show up in the mail. I've been saving aside for this set for months now!

Well that's a relief I thought you were trying to replace me, or pose as me :pir_laugh2: .

No but seriously next there'll be some guy called M-acK or something :pir-tongue: .

That's an excellent review there, Svelte. I was actually hoping there might be other reviews for this on the site, or elsewhere, but this is the only one I have found! That's quite amazing, really! Maybe people are too busy drooling at their ships to write a review about it. :pir-tongue:

Thanks for your comments, SESS! It looks like you arrived out of your Dark Ages with a (cannon) blast!

Welcome to Eurobricks and do look around the Pirates forum - I am sure there is much for you to enjoy!

Thanks for your comments, SESS! It looks like you arrived out of your Dark Ages with a (cannon) blast!

Welcome to Eurobricks and do look around the Pirates forum - I am sure there is much for you to enjoy!

Oh, I have been out of them for quite a while. I think it's funny that such a term was invented though. I had one of those! I seem to remember the last sets I had (before Dark Ages) being from the Fright Knights and Johnny Thunder. :pir-tongue: But, this is my first time posting on any community. I did check this place out before though and I've read some other reviews on some ancient and probably long-abandoned websites. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Skulls_Eye_Schooner_Sailor

What a great set! I might be going to London on the summer, but i doubt it, so I might buy it there since there is no exclusives what-so-ever here in Croatia! A very nice review, too! :pir-classic:

Great review! I was at my local Lego US shop today and they have the Flagship prominently displayed and available for sale! Even Amazon US appears to have an allocation of sets at S@H prices. I had some credit so I went ahead and ordered one.

that ship has the most cool design of all Lego ships in Pirates theme.

I love it. The only thigs i don't like:

you must remove some parts of the ship to access the cannons(but i must admit it's because that ship has a more realistic design than others like SES)

About minifigs, the pirate with red bandana has short legs and Birckbeard hasn't the skull and crossed bones in his hat. I don't like that. The pirate with red bandana has a really cool design except to his legs...is a shame. Obviously, i have changed his legs.

about accesories...you have 2 cool knifes, and a new treasure map.

In any case i have voted outstanding. is the best ship, even better than SES.

I'm still in doubt to buy it or not.

I think it looks realy nice on a shelf, but is it worth the €150,- ????

Fenrir

I'm still in doubt to buy it or not.

Fenrir

Your lucky when you get that on 150, in Finland it cost over 200 euros so....

But i would say at yes, it might be worth it, it has many many cool features and otherly no, it comes only whit 4 cannons and Brickbeard hasnt even printed hat.

So if you ask me, LEGO is heavily over prizing their products, if BB coasted over 100 and it would have coasted like 70-80 euros maby less. So its your choise to buy it or not (I would buy it if it would be cheaper)

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Yes.

I certainly have no regrets about buying it.