How do you rate this set?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Very nice looking ship! It looks like one of the best designs I have seen from TLG in a long time. I was not at all impressed with set 6243 Brick Beards Bounty but this one looks amazing. I own the Black Seas Barracuda so that's what I tend to use as a quality gauge. If I have any extra money laying around I will likely be ordering this one when it gets released. :thumbup:

Edited by Nicker

LOL!!!! Svelte - Amazing review. I must say I've been laughing at Svelte's comment "Buy one. Sell your grandma!" all day long! LOL

This set is truly awesome. Although it is giant in comparison to Brickbeard's bounty (which I have, but haven't built yet :pir-sceptic: ) I must say I thought this set was going to be a bit larger! I was kind of expecting 2 floors below the main deck.

Anywho - still very awesome!

Maybe I'll take Svelte's advice, and "Buy one. Sell my Grandma"

LOL :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this great review, Svelte! :thumbup:

This set is simply awesome!!! :pir-oh3: No single Pirates set until now can concurrate with it!

Therefore I voted for

Oustanding :pir-wub: :pir-wub: :pir-wub:

Cons:

-no crane to load and enload goods :thumbdown:

-no dinghy

-no crow's nest :thumbdown:

Pros:

-many miniffigures :thumbup:

-lovely female minifig :pir-wub:

-awesome exterior design :pir-oh3:

-brilliant interior design :pir-wub:

The most I like the interior details of the captain's cabin and the kitchen - simply :pir-wub: !

It's really a shame that I have not the place and money to start collecting Pirates sets, too, since otherwise I immediately would buy this amazing set!

Klaus-Dieter

The designers finally recalled that a ship needs an anchor - an important detail many of the latest ships were sadly missing.

Very nice review. I never could have done such a perfect job. And now my flagship is assembled, I couldn't bring up the courage to break it up again to take photos.

Awesome work, man.

It really is to bad to see LEGO come out with a magnificent ship, only for it to be the last pirate set... :pir-sceptic:

oh well at least brickbeards bounty can fight something now...

I just cant stop checking this out its so wonderfully! :pir_laugh2: My parents teased me about finding one at the store the other day (OH what if i get it for X-Mas :pir-sweet: ) I want to get BB first but i just know if i go to the Lego store this is going to be on display and change my mind.

*snip*

Cons:

-no crane to load and enload goods :thumbdown:

-no dinghy

-no crow's nest :thumbdown:

*snip*

Klaus-Dieter

No dinghy, sure but almost all the other sets had one in it.

it's on the S@H for Europe... search 10210 ;)

not ready for order but coming soon (january the 12th)

groovy baby !

So how did you get it so early?

-martinsuper

That has been asked a lot. So far it has been kept secret. :pir-sweet: I don't think he can reveal it's origin. I don't know but I'm thinkin Lego mob connections! :pir-grin:

I can't believe Captain BrickBeard's hat doesn't have the skull printed on it like in the Lego Pirates Advent Calendar. That should be a crime! :pir_bawling:

Edited by Grimmy

Awesome review, Svelte! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I love your commentary and all the pictures giving nice clear views of this impressive set!

OMG, must start saving right now!! Unfortunately I only got back into Lego very late this year and so have missed out on a lot of the Pirates sets but I managed to get Brickbeard's Bounty.

I totally love this set!

Did any US buyers get this set yet?

If so, do the US editions come with the 2 dress prints for the Captain's Daughter?

4131650845_97b8b81267.jpg

If so, do the US editions come with the 2 dress prints for the Captain's Daughter?

Yes I got two of the Imperial Flagship and the one I did open did have the two dresses. :pir-classic:

I can't believe Captain BrickBeard's hat doesn't have the skull printed on it like in the Lego Pirates Advent Calendar. That should be a crime! :pir_bawling:

Actually I don't like the new Jolly Roger pattern at all, so I'm happy it's just plain black - that way it can be used for an imperial soldier as well.

Yes I got two of the Imperial Flagship and the one I did open did have the two dresses. :pir-classic:

I hope the extra dress is in every set. :pir-classic: If not, that would mean some of us will be lucky to get two, and some will not.

Actually I don't like the new Jolly Roger pattern at all, so I'm happy it's just plain black - that way it can be used for an imperial soldier as well.

I hope the extra dress is in every set. :pir-classic: If not, that would mean some of us will be lucky to get two, and some will not.

Actually i agree, i hate the new jolly roger and i got two dresses as well. So chances are dreamweb, you'll get it too. I LOVE the new ship, it completely dwarfs brickbeards bounty, and even more-so with the original Imperial Flagship. Great set...

Mine is on its way FINALLY! Thank God!

I can't wait to have it built and post some pics of the ship battle I'm going to conduct. :pir_laugh2:

VERY EXCITING!

-martinsuper

I got a European (the Netherlands) one and those dresses were both in the box.

I don't know what the old one looks like. In the Lego store though, they have Pirates now in the build-a-fig area. The hats have the printing too. If anyone has a comparason picture of the old verse new, I'd be interested in seeing it.

We just bought the new Imperial Flagship and it had 2 dresses as well. I've been wanting a female fig like that. I love the double sided printed head where one side has an annoyed look with a sideways lip lol. Cracks me up. I remember someone made a small moc with that kind of minifig when the lady was answering the door at night. I need to get the Castle Drawbridge Defense which has the princess or queen version along with a few other awesome minifigs. But that set has been sold out everywhere.