How do you rate this set?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Wonderful review, Svelte! A very pleasant surprise to get one of this set so early.

The ship is fantastic! I love the color scheme- all of that medium blue and dark brown is worth the mediocre interior. The minifigs aren't that exciting, although it's great to get two captains in one set, and the new dress is nice.

My main problem with this one though, is that it feels to me like the designers took too long to finalize the design- some parts (interior, deck) look like they were really skipped over, and other parts look fantastic (hull, sails). I would've gladly paid a full 200 USD for a decent interior.

One last thing- does anyone else think that the cabin's rear windows look like owls? :pir_laugh2: The plumes look like eyebrows on the gold sud eyes, and the windows themselves look like the semi-oval body.

Wow, nice review, and I have two questions:

1: How did you manage to get this set so early

2: Are the sails the same size as the ones on Brickbeard's Bounty?

:jollyroger: Brickbeard is PWNED!!! :jollyroger:

2: Are the sails the same size as the ones on Brickbeard's Bounty?

Yes, they're exactly the same size.

Fanastic review, Svelte, for a fanastic 17th/18th century warship even Nelson himself would have been proud to serve aboard this ship. :pir-classic:

Love the brig, galley, the captain's suite with organ, possibly to torture Brickbeard with his poor playing of sea shanties.

Thanks, again for a great review. :pir-classic:

Thanks for the great review. I loved the set but I wish they hadn't used those curved slopes on the front. Some premade part would be better.

I love this ship! it's so awesome,the detail is incredible,it's so much bigger than Brick Beard Bounty's to! i think it's the best pirate ship ever. :pir-skull: :pir_bawling::jollyroger:

I was waiting for people to let fly the organ jokes during the announcement. But I guess the capain's organ wasn't terribly prominent in those pictures. Admittedly, it is kind of small for an organ...

Excellent review of an excellent set. It's not perfect, build-wise (the SNOT section) or play-wise (needs more cannons), but I think it holds its own despite these flaws. It's very well scaled as well. I thought the stern was a little low at first, but it seems fine now that I've a closer look at it. I love the detail on the outside and the inside. Even if the color scheme isn't perfect, it fits the imperial line nicely. This review hasn't change my opinion that this set is a must-buy. Now I'll just need to go find someplace that has it out early.

very nice review Svelte, thank you!

congratulation for your new set!

After the foto, I will need to upgrade my brickbeard, before by this amazing set, to have a fair fight :pir-blush::pir_laugh2:

regards

Rodrigo

Edited by Laureano

This is truly an amazing set. While I would love to have this to display, I am not willing to spend $180 on a set that I am simply going to put on a shelf. The size of the ship is impressive, especially when compared to to the Brickbeard Bounty.

Brilliant review Svelte! It is wonderful to have such a detailed insight of this ship, which is now firmly cemented in my mind as one of the best sets ever produced.

I must comment on the quality of your pics, too. All crystal clear.

The set itself looks fantastic. I never quite realised just how big it was until the comparison pic with BB. It dwarfs Brickbeard's vessel! A very useful parts pack too. A massive amount of rare pieces in rare colours.

Thanks for this amazing review! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to get it come january. I was really wanting to see the interior of the captains cabin and you provided some really nice pictures of it. :pir-classic:

Great review Svelte!! :thumbup:

Man it makes me want that ship more! :pir-wub:

It looks like a stunning set and imo is the best Pirates ship so far. :pir-wub:

Well done!

CommanderFox

Awesome review Svelte! This seems like a perfect hoorah for the pirates theme. The sets seems really well out together and the detailing is amazing! I just love the blues on the dark brown background.

I would love to get this set, if I could :pir-cry_sad:

Outstanding review. Thank you!

I am a City/Train man, but as soon as I learnt about Pirates being discontinued in 2010 I bought the entire new Pirates line.

Imperial Flagship is stunning. I am so getting it next year!!!

Well this is definitely one of the best pirate sets ever. But I must say I think the stern and cabin is way to bulky, just like in Brickbeard's Bounty. And I would gladly had seen a lot more gold ornaments on the stern, or an extra window, It just looks quite boring to me now. The BSB is still the most beautiful.

//S

Edited by Steven

Great Review Sevlte! :thumbup:

This is such an amazing set! The details are great and everything about it is awesome!

Although its a shame LEGO decided not to make Pirates anymore :pir-cry_sad::imperialguard_commander1:

This is a nice set to end the current theme with however! :pir-wub:

Pirates 2011! :shark:

:pir_laugh2: great review svelte! you nailed everything! great and detailed review. I already have the pirate ship so i dont think im going to get this. But great review nonetheless! I love the mini pirate :jollyroger: