Sign in to follow this  
MrDarthLord

The Banana Duel

moc1.jpgw800.png

So as you will see, we have a cheater here (while some says that in fact, he is simply following the rules), by using a swordfish !

moc2.jpg w800.png

Side view, a bit blurry.

moc4.jpg w800.png

Opposite view

moc5.jpg w800.png

Close view

moc3.jpg w800.png

The governor

moc6.jpg w800.png

The un-interesting back.

Edited by SlyOwl

LOL at the swordfish! I really laughed out loud when I saw that - didn't see it coming! :pir_laugh2:

I love the sense of humour that you've instilled in this entry, MrDarthLord! To me, that's one of the most important aspects of any MOC, so I can only give you a thumbs up for that here! I also think you've done a very nice job with the construction here - it looks solid and realistic and the two-tiered seat arrangement works really well! And so does the referee's "means of control", I guess :D

I only have one question - who's the winner in a banana duel anyway!? The one who makes the other one eat up their banana? :pir_laugh2:

As to my suggestions here, the only thing I can think of is that you could try and change the colour of the "inside" of the arena (if that's what those banana fighters call it) - I would suggest using something that helps it stand out a bit more. You could perhaps try tan plates or go for the sandy yellow look?

Once again - kudos for building such a funny MOC! Good to have you here on EB, and I hope this is the first of many hilarious MOCs to come. Best of luck in the competition mate!

Edited by TheOtters

Pretty good, pretty good! I wouldn't say that you're far away from all the entries, you're just a smidgen away! Fortunately, that smidgen should be pretty easy to make up. All you need to do is make the structure at the back of your MOC better. I know that this will be difficult to do, since the largest set that you have is (from what I can surmise) Shipwreck Hideout. If I were you, I would go buy a soldier's fort and build up the wall using it's 1x2x5 white pieces, and bulk up the governer's balcony while I was at it. However, you might not have enough money available to do this, and there's not enough time left in the contest to order the parts of bricklink or anything. If that's the case, you've done the best you can with the pieces, and I salute you. Working with such limited parts is not easy in the least. And no matter what, this entry is certainly VERY original. Great job :thumbup:

(However, I would make suggestion about your pictures. Include maybe one of the swordfish gag, and five of the banana duel - this is your actual MOC and it doesn't do any good to post only half of the pictures of it. Where's the view of the back?)

(Also, I just realized that you have a swordfish. You have an advent calendar, don't you. Lucky.)

Very nice and funny entry. I'm betting my money on the :monkey: to win!

(Also, I just realized that you have a swordfish. You have an advent calendar, don't you. Lucky.)

The swordfishes were released into other earlier (non-Pirate) sets as well I believe.

Much fun and luck with the contest!

Nice and funny MOC you got there! It reminds me of thos films of kids playing happy slapping! The MOC itself is a little bit grey, but the colorful minifigs make up for that! Though adding some color couldn't hurt. I love the round with the fishes!

Edited by badboytje88

That's a funny idea. :pir_laugh2: And think of all the variations to this game: next to banana-whacking, you can have fish-slapping, carrot-banging, chickenleg-hitting, cherry-squishing, apple-throwing, croissant-bashing, ...

Or ... and eating contest (feel free to use that idea :pir-classic: )

Hi everyone !

Thanks a lot for the feedback, this is really appreciated !

I've attached a back picture, but I'm sorry for it, as is is very blurry.

img0591.jpg w800.png

I agree that the MOC is very "grey", in fact, I do have the fort, so I could do a white wall and I guess I still have time to do it tonight.

I'm going to try that and post it again to see if it looks better. Thanks again for the tip concerning the arena color. I will try both (may be a sandy arena with a grey wall would do the trick).

I will also add more pictures from the "normal" MOC and will simply keep one of the alternative Swordfish.

I'm really glad that I had so much feedback guys.

Concerning the victory conditions, they are still to be determined :pir-blush:

Edited by MrDarthLord

Great work! I think that this is a very creative and well built MOC! I really like the concept of a "banana duel". :pir-classic:

However, I have a few suggestions for this MOC:

*A lot of smooth plates / smooth tiles could be added to the floor of the MOC to add extra detail, I would prefer brown, but what TheOtters has suggested would work well too.

*I agree with what previous comments have said, the MOC could be more colorful. I think that maybe some vibrant solid-color flags (to promote different dueling contenders) could be added to the building and audience.

*The pirate captain with the gold hook should have his hat in a position so that the jolly roger faces the viewer.

*The building behind the audience would look much better if the windows and the door were different.

Don't fret about my suggestions, if you can't get the necessary bricks in order to fill out my completely subjective suggestions in time for the deadline, then oh well.

Good luck! :pir-classic:

Edited by Bricknave

Thanks again for the comments.

I've changed most of the MOC this evening (but not the spirit !), it's bigger, has more light, more colors.

It's too late and dark to take pictures, but I will post some tomorrow.

A very nice update indeed. I love it how he is trying to escape with that improvised barrel/tub/ship :pir-laugh: .

Nice update indeed. You had a highly original idea, and now you have the quality of the build to go along with it.

Great changes, DarthLord! I love the addition of water to this, looks perfect (and scary too - at least for those fighters) :] If I were you' I'd add a shark down there - and then try to put the leg of that pirate on top of its fin instead of that grey structure. Otherwise, those are some great changes - and I totally love how this MOC looks now!