Sign in to follow this  
Captain Blackmoor

Governor's holiday

1259054714m_DISPLAY.jpg

12590547176_DISPLAY.jpg

Crossing the old bridge over the wild river.

12590547177_DISPLAY.jpg

The jungle nature.

12590547165_DISPLAY.jpg

Even more nature.

12590547153_DISPLAY.jpg

Servant's life is hard...

12590547164_DISPLAY.jpg

Fishing bird.

Thanks for watching! More pictues at MOCpages

Stay tuned for the extreme large entry! :pir-sweet:

:pir_laugh2: That's a funny idea fitting the contest topic really well. I like the fully-loaded wagon and the expression on the governor's face. Also nice work on the scenery. Too bad the picture quality is a little low.

Thanks!

I have no idea what caused the bad quality, I'm using an excellent camera and I had good natural light this morning. I hope I can find time to redo the pictures, since time is running out and I have some other 'projects' on the table... :pir-sceptic:

Crappy pictures...

That's a nice way to put it :pir-hmpf::pir_laugh2:

Nice entry Blackmoor.

Good use of the door on the side of the cart.

Nice wildlife area as well!

Good Luck :monkey:

I think this is one of the best entries I've seen so far.

The idea is funny, and you have build it very good.

It's full of detail and the wagon is also great.

It's a very lifely moc, good work :thumbup:

Thanks!

I have no idea what caused the bad quality, I'm using an excellent camera and I had good natural light this morning. I hope I can find time to redo the pictures, since time is running out and I have some other 'projects' on the table... :pir-sceptic:

Alas, when I use MOCpages.com as my picture-hosting, I get the same results! Crappy pics... That's the main reason why I switched over to Flicker. By the way, great entry, the concept is great. I also really like the narrow road...That wagon could fall off any second. :pir_laugh2:

~LW 8~

Edited by Lego_Warlord_8

That's a very nice entry, I love how you used the doors in the carriage, and the ducks/birdies are nice too :thumbup: !

I agree that the pics' poor quality is probably caused by MOCpages downsizing them... But in any case, it's still obvious that this is a brilliant entry!

Pros:

+ The carriage's design and the fact that you've managed to pile so much stuff on top of it makes the whole scene hilarious

+ The combination of the captain and the servant's expressions is brilliant

+ Those are some rather innovative bird designs - I don't think I've ever seen them before

+ Well-executed lush tropical flora

One small suggestion for improvement:

- I think the small river / waterfall could use some more work. It's a wonderful idea, but I just feel there's too many colours there - 2 shades of blue, white and trans-clear - all somehow divided into sections. If you could mix those up a bit, perhaps it would look better and more realistic.

Good luck in the contest!

WOW this is so awesome! There are so much things I really like about this MOC, like:

- The fishing birds

- The dry patch of land in the water with the tan and the clear plates

- The seeweed with the yellow flowers

- The waves in the water

- The roots and the different plants, especially the use of minifig arms and hands for roots is lovely

- The enormous amount of stuff the governor is taking along

- The face of the guy pulling the cart

There are some minor parts I don’t like:

- The face of the governor looks too young to me

- The stack of luggage looks to brown in my opinion. It could use more small pieces and colorful stuff

- The blurry pics

That’s all, good luck in the competition!

~Bart

Haha i love his stuffed wagon, makes me think of the Hillbilly movies. :pir_laugh2:

Does he really need that much crap on 1 holiday? And where is his wife, does she agree on her man wandering of to find ''nice woman''? :pir-grin:

A well executed idea, i surely do hope you find time to make some better pics to do it justice!

That is funny. The wagon looks just great. I am curious how much of the wagon is actually built as oppossed to stacked precariously? If you move it does it fall apart or is it sturdy? Either way it sure looks good. The bird is great and I like the way you did the fish and the stream with the water tumbling. Excellent....the picture quality stinks though.

Thanks!

maybe some grease on your lens, I don't know but they sure are grainy, which doesn't matter though, becasue it's hilarious.

The second to last picture is priceless, you choose the face for the guy pulling the cart well.

i like it, it's funny.

I think the small river / waterfall could use some more work. It's a wonderful idea, but I just feel there's too many colours there - 2 shades of blue, white and trans-clear - all somehow divided into sections. If you could mix those up a bit, perhaps it would look better and more realistic.

Good luck in the contest!

Thanks for the suggestion! I try to change something with the water, it didn't satisfy my for 100% either. :pir-wink:

- The face of the governor looks too young to me

- The stack of luggage looks to brown in my opinion. It could use more small pieces and colorful stuff

- The blurry pics

That’s all, good luck in the competition!

~Bart

Thanks mate! I try to make better pictures anytime soon. I don't like crappy pictures, while other creations have been photographed with the same camera, same lighting and in the same room. And their pictures are fine. :pir-sceptic:

Haha i love his stuffed wagon, makes me think of the Hillbilly movies. :pir_laugh2:

Does he really need that much crap on 1 holiday? And where is his wife, does she agree on her man wandering of to find ''nice woman''? :pir-grin:

A well executed idea, i surely do hope you find time to make some better pics to do it justice!

Haha great comment Captain! Yes, he can't leave his stuff at home alone. :pir_laugh2: I think his wife might even be in the wagon while the governor doesn't even know. :pir_laugh2:

That is funny. The wagon looks just great. I am curious how much of the wagon is actually built as oppossed to stacked precariously? If you move it does it fall apart or is it sturdy? Either way it sure looks good. The bird is great and I like the way you did the fish and the stream with the water tumbling. Excellent....the picture quality stinks though.

It is quite sturdy since it are some crates, barrels and chests stacked upon eachother, filled with stuff. The rope around it takes care of any loose stuff on it. If it falls it will be completely destroyed though.

maybe some grease on your lens, I don't know but they sure are grainy, which doesn't matter though, becasue it's hilarious.

The second to last picture is priceless, you choose the face for the guy pulling the cart well.

i like it, it's funny.

Thanks Big Cam! I try to make better pictures, and getting some cleaning cloth for the lens, just in case. :thumbup:

Thanks again for the great comments! :pir-sweet: