Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Sorry, but I've only seen those small retailer catalog pics and telling parts from them is nearly impossible.

The castle looked great and so did the 3 impulse packs.

Don't be.

It's great :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this information, KimT! :classic:

Indeed this is great information! :thumbup:

Btw: We know that two of the Impulse sets will be a magician and a jester. Do you know whom the third Impulse set will include? A good/bad knight?

Klaus-Dieter

Btw: We know that two of the Impulse sets will be a magician and a jester. Do you know whom the third Impulse set will include? A good/bad knight?

2nd-ed!

I'd like for TLC to make some citizen sets for the new "Kingdom" theme, like blacksmith, tavern, etc, but that's already been established I guess.

I also hope they have normal 4 fig $10 battlepacks, like in Star Wars. Not the crappy 5 fig, cheap plastic $15. Like 3 knights, wizard, and catapault. Something like that.

I'd like for TLC to make some citizen sets for the new "Kingdom" theme, like blacksmith, tavern, etc, but that's already been established I guess.

I also hope they have normal 4 fig $10 battlepacks, like in Star Wars. Not the crappy 5 fig, cheap plastic $15. Like 3 knights, wizard, and catapault. Something like that.

I'd really like to see some civilian sets, too. Some civilian impulse sets would be too good to be true. Like a peasant with a pitchfork and a pig, or a maid with a broom and a well. Those would be something I'd buy a lot of.

I wish Lego would make a huge minifig pack for the other themes like they do for city. C'mon Lego, people would buy it! And you don't have to attach a chess board to it either.

LEGO Kingdoms

7946 Kings Castle

7947 Prison Tower Rescue

7948 Outpost Attack

7949 Prison Carriage Rescue

7950 Knights Showdown

Am I the only one who finds it strange that the smallest number belongs to what I would assume to be the largest set (7946)?

Complaining about the sets at this point seems a bit premature when we haven't had so much as a single photograph. It almost goes without saying that every castle line reboot would likely feature a large castle as the centrepiece. The names alone really tell us next to nothing about thes sets themselves. All we know is that we're getting a castle, tower, presumably a smaller outpost, a prison wagon and a set of knights. They could be largely redundant or they could be something completely amazing. Who knows if the knights will simply be rehashes of older figs, or if we will see new armour and accessories? The same is true for the sets themselves. We could have another generic castle design or something completely different. Who knows, maybe we'll actually see a real gatehouse on this next castle.

The jester and wizard impulse sets looks good. Wizard is green, so something different from the last wizard impulse. No third impulse set in trade catalog I saw tho.

Seems to be going back to the castle designs of past style-wise. New castle reminds me of the past set 6098 King's Leo Castle rather than 7094 Kings's Castle Siege, but with a red roof instead of blue and less kiddish looking. Based on box picture i only saw a tower (on right side), so just one red roof? (Not sure if other side has tower, pic is small). I like the gate. Has nice portculis from what i could see, and doors too. No raised baseplate.

The Prison Tower Rescue looks good too.

The rest of the sets looked normal - not very exciting but then based on the small catalog pic could be i missed all the exciting bits.

That's all I can rem. Guess with all the trade catalogs being released to retailers, someone would be leaking the pics soon?

If they are real....Sets really looks like classics... Just look on the black carriage...

New helmets, new headarmor for horse (Unicorn?), Wizard set with baby dragon (yay), and scroll piece, gold cheese slope, red plumes- wins

Jester set sucks its just a little scene...

EDIT:

Woah next part!

The "Bad tower" set is must have! It looks great with Dark brown and Black (and two baby dragons!) I wonder who is in the jail?

This theme looks nice. It have all things people wanted...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Thank you so much Rick! Those sets look really good, and is it just me or are there some space police blurred in the background on that second link? :sceptic:

And to lordofdragonss: They are real notice the TLG confidential watermark on the sets.

Edited by RocketClone

Thank you so much Rick! Those sets look really good, and is it just me or are there some space police blurred in the background on that second link? :sceptic:

It was a fellow LowLUG member who got hold of them, I'm merely the messenger (who is not to be shot :grin: ). The space police invading is probably the result of really thin paper. :laugh:

Preliminary images of half of the sets (source: Gerjan Lips @ LowLUG.nl)

... and some more

More great preview images from Rick!

I really like the Red and White colour scheme of one faction, almost has a kind of St. George feeling to it, the other faction look sinister, but great aswell! A black horse in 7949, I will be looking forward to these sets.

Great find!!! Though I'm not sure about the sets (the big castle looks good, but yet, there's something I don't like about it) I spotted LOTS of new pieces. New helmets, what seems to be a new gate piece, new horse armour (which looks like a unicorn) The impulse sets look great and will be getting them. The heradlry, is a remake of previous ones. The dragon shield looks very similar to the duplo gradon emblem (which is great, since I alway loved that design) what surprised me is that there is not a single mounted night for the dragon faction!!!! Overal, I have mixed emotions about the sets. Happy with new heraldry and pieces. Not happy with the designs. They seem similar to the Knight's Kingdom era... I would have prefered to have them rooted in the 80's sets. Jus my two cents... :)

Gatehouse on the castle? Check!

New armour and elements for soldiers? Check!

Great assortment of sets? Check!

This line is everything I've been expecting from LEGO castle. It is truly a genuine return to the golden years of LEGO castle (IMO of course :classic: ). I had high hopes for this line, and it looks like things are absolutely perfect. The Dragon Knight tower looks absolutely beautiful. And how about that new portcullis brick or the new unicorn-shaped chaffron (horse helmet). I'm not terribly fussy about the new great helm, but the heraldry for both looks absolutely beautiful.

The only real disappointment is that it looks like LEGO has yet again dropped breastplates from the Castle line. Given how wonderful this year's sets look, I can forgive them.

Overal, I have mixed emotions about the sets. Happy with new heraldry and pieces. Not happy with the designs. They seem similar to the Knight's Kingdom era... I would have prefered to have them rooted in the 80's sets. Jus my two cents... :)

I can see that, too, but I'm excited for these sets. As long as they don't do anything similar to Power Rangers Knight's Kingdom, I'm happy. :classic:

At first when I saw the red and green color schemes, I thought "god no. not knights kingdom again." And then with a closer look, I see that these sets have much essence of classic castle. I'm very impressed, and I'm also joyous that the fantasy aspect is pretty much booted (the witch doesnt count)

I actually want to throw up when I see these new sets. :sick:

The only 2 good sets in my opinion are the wizard and the joker. They are the only ones that incoporate decent things into them. The old line had a great thing going on with the orcs and now they are to disappear I am just disappointed. In my opinion these sets are way too childish and in the old castle line they had decent builds to the sets whereas here to me it seems like a 9 year old designed these. I could do such a better job if I was a designer of castle sets in TLC.

They are the only ones that incoporate decent things into them. The old line had a great thing going on with the orcs and now they are to disappear

What?! I think that this Black tower is awesome addition to Orc Fortress! And the big Castle looks a lot better than Fantasy Era one!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Yes but EB rules say we should not post pics with the CONFIDENTIAL sign on them so quickly take it down before you get in trouble.

EDIT: Whitefang beat me too it.

Edited by Eskallon

I just don't get it...

Is this real?

Yes, the jester set is real, as are all the other leaked 2010 Kingdom set pics. But you shouldn't deeplink any pictures marked confidential tho.

These are really great! I really love the new crisp looking box design, and the minifigures are awesome.

What I see:

A white and red jester

a green wizard

unicorns- new helmet mold for horses

a new helmet mold very much like this link

Two civilized factions- Dragons versus Lions

new mold for long sword. looks like the classic lego shortsword but longer blade.

Lion knights still have chrome helmets

possibly new or modified armor pieces for knights?

new gate mold

The sets according to size:

7953(impulse)- A stage and a red and white jester

7955(impulse)-a green wizard with baby dragon, table with potions, and a spell book printed on a tile.

7950 Knights Showdown-A dragon knight and a lion knight with a Lion knight catapult, a weapon rack, and the new longsword mold

7949 Prison Carriage Rescue-A lion knight with new helmet mold, a lion soldier/prisoner, dragon soldier (possible new helmet mold?)with prison carrige and horse. new unicorn helmet on horse.

7948 Outpost Attack- Dragon soldier, lion soldier, and knight/archer. Comes with Dragon trebutchet and lion outpost.

7947 Prison Tower Rescue- Dragon knight, dragon soldier, mounted Lion knight, lion soldier, and mysterious prisoner. Comes with prison tower, horse with armor, and unicorn helmet

7946 Kings Castle-four lion soldiers, The Lion king( :tongue: ), two dragon soldiers, dragon knight. Horse with armor and unicorn helmet.

I love this new theme! :thumbup: It looks just so classic, two human factions against each other. Awesome new pieces and nice sets. I thought it was like Knights Kingdom at first, but this is better. I think it's even better than the Castle theme. Don't get me wrong, I love the orcs and goblins but this theme has an awesome castle and prison tower. I haven't bought much of the Castle theme, but I'll probably get all the sets if they are as nice as I think now.

:thumbup:

Hawt mother of mercy! Those sets are 100% pure win of the awesomeness!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thoughts:

7953 - Pretty cool actually, but a poor idea for an impulse. I don't see people rushing out to by 20 of these like they would a soldier. However, it is a neat little set. Kinda looks like a new three point jester cap.

7955 - See first two sentences above. I hope he comes with a nice printed, multi-use torso. Love the dark green baby dragon. Wish I could see the scroll and stand a bit better.

7950 - Nice. Two dueling knights with lots of accessories. Sadly, the lion torso looks a lot like the Royal Knights King Torso. Love the new great helm. Is it dark bley or a new bronze dark bley (or black)?

7949 - Love the new horse helm. Looks like a new piece with the fluted unicorn spike. I am glad TLG stuck with metallic silver for helmets as I have many from my Crown Knights to MOC of new Lion army.

7948 - That is a cool looking catapult! The tower looks pretty sad, but kids will have a blast with it. The dragon knight torso looks similar in design to the lion knight torso.

7947 - This is a really cool looking outpost tower. Love the design, love the cottage style look and the new portcullis. Looks like we will get plenty of plumes. I hope that is a maiden locked up in the tower. Are those pauldrons on the mounted knight?

7946 - There's your gatehouse people. Quit crying. :tongue: Is the dragon knight in the great helm wearing some type of new armor? Different color horse helm and different barding.

I'm liking everything i see in this theme so far and it's nice to see that they are going for a bit more realism too ,the theme name still sucks though.

The new great helm thats seen Here is quite nice.