Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Just received some High Res pictures of some of the 2010 sets.

Some pictures 2400+ pxl.

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Anyone seen this yet?

Masked Out

Yes, it's Picture 2 but in a standard res!

Reading and clicking on the links helps! :tongue:

Wish they would have kept the black Dastan hair like in the art mock up. No biggie though.

Awesome! Packed with plenty of wonderful parts. I am loving this calendar! Wait... is that an alchemy stand that the castle babe is standing behind? :wacko:

I was wondering why she was cooking gold.

I agree that the sparring doll bites, but I'm really not going to even keep it assembled if I get the set as it's just a bunch of random pieces.

I am kind of partial to my training pell.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Thanks for those new links 'grogall' - the 7946 castle looks AWESOME, panels at the bottom, but all brick built up top with cool sliding gate !

Might have to sneek this one passed the wife ! :devil:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Just received some High Res pictures of some of the 2010 sets.

Yes, it's Picture 2 but in a standard res!

Reading and clicking on the links helps! :tongue:

Whoops! Still, it looks pretty cool.

Masked Out

Edited by Masked Builder

Thanks for the nice pictures once again Grogall!

The Dragon Knight's armour in the castle looks very neat. I hope the wall panels in the final set are printed and not stickers.

They forgot the lion figure entirely! :grin:

I'm kind-of disappointed in the Dragon fortress though. The "rock stuff" on the left side of the building is hideous at best, the interior is as stark as the inside of an uninhabited cavern, and the Dragon knights are out-numbered even in their own fortress :hmpf: The minis are great though, but I think it needs just one more draggy figure, like maybe an elite.

Thanks for the hi-res picks!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I love the sword in the stone too! :tongue:

I agree that the sparring doll bites, but I'm really not going to even keep it assembled if I get the set as it's just a bunch of random pieces. Good to get a light grey pizza flipper though! If only it were dark brown.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

i really like the training dummy, think its a nice touch.

Yeah, CopMike said in the Embassy that Lego wants to release both calendars in the US this year due to the demand last year. :thumbup: Can't wait!

Excellent, thanks SirDillon and Oky Wan. :thumbup:

Did anyone notice that the flame pieces in this line are back to the old kind (with the two pegs at the base)? I'm glad, because they let you connect multiple flame pieces to make interesting shapes, and after seeing the pegs missing in sets lately, I thought they'd be gone permanently. Guess not! :thumbup:

I'm really loving the way this new Kingdoms sets can be easily related with the Castle ones!!! :cry_happy:

Specially with Medieval Market Village set, and the rest of the buildings produced during Castle...you only need to replace the skellies or the trolls (only if you don't like the "fantasy" mixing up with the "reality") and there you really have various kingdoms in one display!!

Congrats TLC :thumbup:

In the advent calendar.. is there a new 1x1 cheese slope?

Since the City Advent Calendar is really disappointing with only 6 minifigs (lots of cool mini versions of real sets, though), I'm definitely going to get this one instead! Nine stunning minifigs, tons of armor and weapons, and even some well-known fantasy stuff, like Excalibur (the sword in stone) and the queen holding a frog prince! :wub:

This looks fantastic - even better than the Fantasy Era calendar two years ago. It's great that they're keeping some of the more domestic elements of castle lego - a pig! Two civilians! Mind you, they're a bit flirty this lot.

The advent calender is great: three (so far) exclusive minifigs and lots of interesting useful minimodels. I hope the pigs is the prelude of an exclusive medieval farm or something. My only frustration is the dragon knight: there is so much attention and detail in the lion fraction, compared to that one dragon knight who doesn't even have a shield. Hopefully future sets will balance the factions more. Nevertheless, the advent calender is great and a must-buy!

In the advent calendar.. is there a new 1x1 cheese slope?

What do you mean? Cheese slopes have always been 1x1.

It's great that with Kingdoms we're getting an entire royal family: King, Queen, Princess, and Prince! I'm not sure LEGO has ever done a Prince before.

I hope that in the future we'll see a Dragon Knights royal family too, and that certainly has never been done before. But evil guys have wives and children too!

What do you mean? Cheese slopes have always been 1x1.

My bad. Was a 1x3x1 double slope. Don't have too many of this and was confused..

Love this calendar. Hope this is final and no changes for it.

My bad. Was a 1x3x1 double slope. Don't have too many of this and was confused..

Love this calendar. Hope this is final and no changes for it.

Do you mean on the sword in the stone model? I think that's just a regular cheese slope and a 1 x 2 slope.

The advent calendar seems to lack a green plume for the dragon knight. :hmpf_bad: Otherwise, it's good and still a must-buy. Almost like MMV without the buildings. Also, plenty of good ideas and accessories inside.

The big castle is looking tidy, slightly smaller than 7094, but I guess that's another way of raising prices (price remains the same, size goes slightly down). I don't mind too much, as I think it looks better. Also, less minifigures overall, but all of them are human, which is a plus (for me). Only concern is that we don't get a proper lion knight, which is in the other big set. It's like the message is: 'if you want good minifigure selection, buy all sets'. Understandable from a marketing viewpoint, but still slightly annoying.

I think that's just a regular cheese slope and a 1 x 2 slope.

Seconded.

Do you mean on the sword in the stone model? I think that's just a regular cheese slope and a 1 x 2 slope.

Sorry, I am too sleepy these days and I guess I was too confused and distracted by the excaliburs sword;)

Sure, angle on the left is not 45, it is cheese. Sorry again.

Too bad they put the worst dragon knights' torso in the calendar, the other ones are way more versatile. Not a fan of those chains.

The two Battle-packs are now available in Germany, Sadly they seem to be cheap Chinese plastic...... :alien: (not confirmed)

z-battlepack_a.jpgz-battlepack_b.jpg

If it's not confirmed grogall, why would you say they seem like cheap Chinese plastic? What is it about the figs that make them cheap?

From just looking at them, the battle pack contents look great!

If it's not confirmed grogall, why would you say they seem like cheap Chinese plastic? What is it about the figs that make them cheap?

From just looking at them, the battle pack contents look great!

Someone at Brickset has mentioned that they are the cheap version!

Grogall your my hero, you just keep dishin' them out! :classic: One of the dragon knights torsos was changed, but two of their weapons are the light gray colour. The lion knights legs are changed to the black hips which is good. I hope the dragon knights get one of the ovoid shields. I really hope it's not the chinese plastic. :hmpf_bad: