Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Thanks for the pics, I'm loving Prison Tower Rescue even more! :wub: I Love the cute bridge at the back, it's nice to see that it actually has stairs and ladders, something that's been missing in many of the recent castle sets. The prison doesn't necessarily have to be open at the back either, you can push the ladder up to form some bars.

The great helms aren't so bad either. The only problem I have is that there should be two seperate eye slits. I can't find any pictures of great helms with a single eye slit.

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Could we all stop complaining about a kid's toy. These are not exclusive sets for adults they are toys for both kids and adult fans and considering that they have added great helms at all is a nice touch. I personally love these new sets.

They are leaps and bounds ahead of the sets that came out in the 90s. I mean compare those sets to these new ones and you didn't have the gold color, the nicer shade of grey, a king figure, or great helms. All you had was black and grey.

I think that Lego has really been trying hard to please the castle fans with these new sets and the medieval village and by responding with just a bunch of complaining of miniscule things and then saying that you won't buy these sets is just going to make Lego go back to its dark age again with the knights kingdom where you joust on wooden horses with wheels.

And besides I don't want to have to get on this forum and see these wonderful new sets and all I hear is "the great helm looks awful, I don't like the new princess, I hate the prison tower because it doesn't have furniture, etc....". If you really don't like the sets why comment?

And besides I don't want to have to get on this forum and see these wonderful new sets and all I hear is "the great helm looks awful, I don't like the new princess, I hate the prison tower because it doesn't have furniture, etc....". If you really don't like the sets why comment?

We're all entitled to our opinions; positive or negative. If I like something I'll state it. Conversely, if I dislike something I'll state that too. Personally I quite like what we're getting this year but I appreciate that others are just as entitled to hate it and voice their opinions accordingly.

We're all entitled to our opinions; positive or negative. If I like something I'll state it. Conversely, if I dislike something I'll state that too. Personally I quite like what we're getting this year but I appreciate that others are just as entitled to hate it and voice their opinions accordingly.

I don't have a problem with people voicing their opinions but, it seems that people like to start a whining frenzy and just keep on complaining without even giving any good reasons why they don't like the line. I am just trying to keep the thread somewhat positive so that we get more good sets in the future and so that we can all enjoy all these great sets. I don't think that there is anything that I am doing wrong here. :classic:

I can live with the lack of interior (and back for that matter) on the tower. I was planning on getting more than one so if I actually keep it in one piece I will use parts from a second one (or my own parts, I think I have them in the correct color scheme) to enclose or enlarge the back and possibly add something to the interior. The princess figure is great.

The real bonus for me is confirming the prices on the smaller sets. With the Knight's Showdown* being $7 and the Prison Carriage Rescue being $10, it should be relatively easy to amass a number of figures for both sides. The carriages will have a horse along with the 3 figures. The Outpost Attack being $20 also makes it cheap enough to buy in numbers to help build an army and amass bley and dark bley bricks as well. And catapults if that's your thing. If we do actually get the rumored battle packs, people will have a variety of ways to build their armies.

The Prince of Persia sets also look like they have lots to offer Castle fans between the new torsos (a number of which have no exposed flesh tone so they work with regular yellow figures), the new animals, the new weapons (what look to be claws and a wrist mounted dagger I believe) , and the overall middle eastern theme (crusades, perhaps?). Honestly, I really like the printed horse in the $11 set and I'm likely going to get a few of them. Harry Potter seems to have a variety of new figures/hair pieces that could be of use to Castle (and other lines) and the castle could be of use to some folks. Overall, I think 2010 has a lot to offer Castle fans. Also, yay August release (as opposed to later).

*I am wondering why the box shows a soldier from each side yet the display has two lion soldiers? Between the box and the set name, I assume it is supposed to be one of each. Here's hoping.

I have to say, I really like what I see so far, and will be delighted to pick up most if not all of these sets.

Is it too early to declare this LEGO's new Golden Age?

These sets really look like a modern day interpretation of Classic Castle.

They have a more "classic castle" feel than Fantasy Era or other such items.

Now if only TLG would do a "re-interpretation" of Classic Space, I will be SO happy :)

Well, i never said i didn't like the tower set at all, i just said i don't like that there's no stuff inside it. But sleeping over it, i just thought that maybe the new wizard and his "equipment" would fit pretty good somewhere in there.

New pictureeeees! :cry_happy:

new princess even with same face looks amazing! Dragons have some nice torso, and wizard... WANT. The all theme is instant-buy for me!

4357441689_d3659e29f3.jpg

The magic cap is made for me! But no printed torso...

Wait a minute:

4358133000_d05b5b3885.jpg

She is not trapped lol... Is that cheating or something? Or maybe she is just a lure...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

That's one problems i also have with this set. I guess you could put that "ladder" up to make it look like she's trapped, but still , that's not really good.

I guess you could put that "ladder" up to make it look like she's trapped, but still , that's not really good.

Couldn't that be one of the 'play features' of the set. I guess it looks fine with the ladder up.

I just noticed that there is a pully with a string, the string then goes through a technic piece and is conected to a large door, so it can be opened and lowered. :wub: Now this is on my want list

I assume you are talking about the portcullis and the mechanism to pull it up and down?

That is what I ment to say, I couldn't think of the right words through :blush:

From what I can see in the photos I really like the design of the Dark Knights Tower! Looks like these will all be nice sets. I also like the dark green on the wizard compared to earlier renditions. I can't wait to see the interior of the Kings Castle!

The interior of the new castle isn't really more than in the king's castle siege, i think. But that doesn't bother me that much, since it's designed just wondefully (the new castle). Most of the interior we already have seen, the throne and the treasure chest in the tower with the red roof, and on the ground there is that little thing where the horses get their food and a little prison integrated into the wall. The only thing we might have not seen yet, is what is inside the wall on the opposite side (if there is something).

Here are 2 pictures in which you can see all things i mentioned:

lego28.JPG

7946KingsCastle02.jpg

Edited by metalandi

The interior is better than much of the 1980s Castle sets... I just don't really like these towers with merely a throne in them (I know, I know, Lego is made for kids... :grin: ).

Yeah that's a pity, but i guess they thought "it's covered 70 % with the beard, so why bother and print it anyway".

I have said already I really like this new line and now even more. Congrats to TLC.

The princess looks really nice now that we can see her dress.

The great helms look very good in my opinion but what color is the dragon knights helm exactly? It looks dark bley to me but othrs have been calling it some pearl color? The single slot for the eyes doesn't really bother me.

The one green knight photo has a nice fancy and yet generic (factionwise) looking torso.

Getting 2 staircases on the back of the prison tower is pretty neat.

The King's Castle has a staircase too so minis don't have to magically climb up to the battlements. I like it.

I don't think enough is being said about the new 2x2 window piece. It is nice to be able to center a window on a wall that is an even number of studs long. This could dramatically change the way I build depending on the colors that the window comes in. Bley being the most important color to me but tan, black, brown, and white to name a few... would be very useful as well. I am pretty certain these windows will not hold the grate or lattice pieces unless something more is going on behind the piece that I can't see. It also has a small hole in the base. Possibly for a new window interior piece?

Why is it that every photo I see makes me have more questions! Has anyone had their hands on one of these pieces yet?

My biggest wish with the current line-up would be that the dragon knights get a mounted knight with barding. The lion knights get 2 different sets of horse barding and that makes the dragons look less than the equals of the lions. Perhaps this will be rectified in a future release. Possibly in a jousting set...

The great helms look very good in my opinion but what color is the dragon knights helm exactly? It looks dark bley to me but othrs have been calling it some pearl color? The single slot for the eyes doesn't really bother me.

pearl grey or LEGO colour 131: silver is the colour that is used on the current fantasy line breatplates, swords and the visored helmets. The comprable effects colours are 297: warm gold and 148: metallic dark grey. On Bricklink and Peeron these colours are referred to as being pearl light and dark grey, and pearl gold. These colours have a metallic quality to them. With the Kingdoms line, the Dragon Knights look as if they have weapons and armour made using metallic dark grey (or pearl dark grey depending on who you're talking to) as opposed to standard dark grey. Look at the kettle helms, weapons and the horse barding for a better idea of what I'm talking about. The parts have a metallic shine to them that isn't visible in a standard dark grey/bley brick.

I'm pretty sure the helmets are the same colour as the super battle droids, "pearl dark grey", as Bricklink calls it.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw092

Just a quick question, does anyone know if the toy fair lasts for more than one day, and if it might be possible that we get even more pictures from the second day of it or so?