Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

It would appear that my fears of Kingdoms being like Knight's Kingdom were unfounded. It seems these sets even have enough shields to go around to all the soldiers this time around!

The sets sure look wonderful, and I'm sure some people are very pleased to return to the classic, more historically accurate sets. I'm just happy there's a new wizard impulse included, and in my favorite color to boot. :laugh:

Now the only thing that could make me happier is a few new female minifigs for the theme. We haven't seen a detailed look on the biggest sets, so there's still hope they've included a princess or a lady knight somewhere in them. :wink:

Now the only thing that could make me happier is a few new female minifigs for the theme. We haven't seen a detailed look on the biggest sets, so there's still hope they've included a princess or a lady knight somewhere in them. :wink:

There doesn't appear to be a female fig in the big castle set (just a king and some soldiers/knights), but 7947 is called 'rescue from the prison tower' (freely translated from Dutch) and there's a minifig depicted in the prison that just has to be a princess.

Remember that those pics floating the internet are still preliminary designs and they're most likely different when released.

Still it looks good - I told you so :tongue:

I hope I will end up liking Kingdoms sets as much as I don't like box graphics!

So were they taken down or is my Firefox being screwy again?

There were probably banned by Brickshelf, look here for the post of the original uploader and all the preliminary/confidential catalog images.

...but 7947 is called 'rescue from the prison tower' (freely translated from Dutch) and there's a minifig depicted in the prison that just has to be a princess.

I surely hope so!

There were probably banned by Brickshelf, look here for the post of the original uploader and all the preliminary/confidential catalog images.

Thanks Rick, they are looking good. I will still miss the crazy dwarf and fantasy, and LEGO better release the Impulse sets in the USA this time!!!

These images look pretty good, I wish the images were bigger so we could see the quality of the sets, good thing that we are at least getting castle. :classic: and I see that in the carriage one there is a great helm, I always wanted those!

Edited by Alex the Great

:cry_happy: OMG!!!

This theme is absolutely gorgeous, it's all I ever wanted since I was like 8 years old when I knew about the forest-men ones, but those sets weren't available in mexico...I have even collected the KKII ones (which IMO are not thaaat bad), and this year the Village Market was the OMG-set, and I'm very pleased to see that this new sets are not only adaptable to the Castle-theme ones, but are very accurate and with a beautiful color scheme.

Congrats TLC!! now, I can't wait!! :cry_happy:

After looking at these photos again I'm starting to get a real Playmobil vibe from the line. This is perhaps the most traditional castle theme LEGO has done in years. I'm wondering if this is going to be a single-year thing like Pirates or if we might see it expanded in the future (Robin Hood perhaps?).

2009 is looking interesting indeed.

I'm wondering if this is going to be a single-year thing like Pirates or if we might see it expanded in the future (Robin Hood perhaps?).

Well, at least we are getting a Robin Hood type minifig in the collectible line.

After looking at these photos again I'm starting to get a real Playmobil vibe from the line. This is perhaps the most traditional castle theme LEGO has done in years. I'm wondering if this is going to be a single-year thing like Pirates or if we might see it expanded in the future (Robin Hood perhaps?).

2009 is looking interesting indeed.

I'm assuming you mean 2010 :wink:

I get what you mean with 'Playmobil vibe'. I have always - already as a kid - liked the type of themes/sets Playmobil brings out and the associated 'atmosphere'. This type of castle line certainly has the potential to be stretched for years. Looks like TLG is going back to its 80s/90s roots more and more... and I like it.

It has indeed a 80's/90's feeling and I like the architecture. A good addition to the castle line of this last three years.

Although I will miss the dwarves.

I'm back into Castle now :wub:

The new sets have a great classic look. The good old days are finally back!

And thank God for dumping the skeletons, dwarfs, trolls, etc :thumbup:

And thank God for dumping the skeletons, dwarves, trolls, etc :thumbup:

You're calling Lego (TLG) God now? :tongue:

Having just seen the pics (and in doing so only just heard) of the new Castle sets coming out, I can conclusively say I am incredibly excited! Somewhat dampened by my lack of $$$, but at least Lego Castle is going in a direction we've all been wanting! I know I'm late to this news (slack for a cheese-eating Castle monkey, I know) but still, it looks great. The more realistic look to the buildings, a Jester Impulse set, it's all looking very great! Can't wait to get my hands on them, or at least admire Dragonator's ones when he gets them. :grin::wink:

Oh yes, and before I go, I would like to point out that I love the new helmet designs. They seem to be similar to this one, and if that's the case then I am overjoyed! Ecstatic, even!

product_greathelm_silver_thumb.jpg

~Peace :skull:

Edited by iamded

I see a black sword !! :cry_happy:

The lions shield near the kingdom title is wonderful more beautiful that the red and white shield...

you think that the final shield are like the title shield? (with red strip)

in the impulse set the shield near the word kingdom are square red and white...i hope that the final shield are wit strip...

i love the impulse set.... as a old classic castle :cry_happy:

Edited by dariofol

SOLD!

Woah! Can't believe I missed this 'til now. Luckily I picked up on someone's comment in the PoP license thread and hit these up on Flickr...

...and wow! am I glad I did. Black Dragons and Lion knights... superb! These new sets look really, really nice, and I like the way LEGO have given a big nod to the classic-castle sets of yesteryear. You guys...!

The new minifigs look sweet; amongst the great new helmed knights and archers, it looks like the Black Dragon's get an impulse wizard and the Lion's a jester - going by the nice new colour schemes of course. Couple together with lots of new parts and accessories (love the uni-horn horse protection :wub:) and LEGO are onto a winner here. :wink:

Edited by pedro

I think they will delate the dealer-catalouge pictures soon. but these sets and those sets are really looking classic castle-like.

I really love them!

They look really, really good! especially the 7947 (the 2nd).

Edited by Earendil

I made the decision this past summer that I was going to be dropping the Castle line once the Fantasy era theme ended. These 2010 sets do look nice, but nothing that would entice me to reconsider my decision. I'm sure a lot of Castle fans will be pleased with the 2010 line-up, and I'm eager to see some reviews when the sets start appearing, but I will be passing on these sets.

Time for my two cents worth, just saw the pictures and I love them :wub: , sick man it's beautiful, all worries about it going backward many years have now gone.

The impulses - must haves, a green wizard and a red and white jester YES ! :grin:

All the other sets - must haves too ! :grin:

Especially the king's own castle - we don't have one of those !

Cool a three way war could be conducted or will two join as one - oh the endless possiblities !!!!! :grin:

BUT I'm going to be broke after this release ! (it's only money)

Edited by lightningtiger