Sign in to follow this  
fonz

Kapt'n T-Roll leaves the Island

Funny MOC! :monkey:

Good points:

The raft looks really nice, a very rugged feeling.

The cliff looks good as well.

Tell your son that his entry is awesome :thumbup:

Chow

Ratshot

Your son seems to share your sense of humour and liking for original stories, fonz :) Nice entry! I could have seen the "swordfish-engined" concept utilized after General's brilliant shark-propelled boat, but not by a T-Roll! :pir-wink: Poor swordfish here seems to be having quite a bit more trouble than the shark here too - that "passenger" looks heavy! He also looks absolutely hilarious with his captain's hat and the parrot on his... bacl!? :D What really made me laugh was the addition of supplies (which should last ~a day :D) that he's also brought along :) Pity that he didn't take his pal the skellie along, but I guess there was only room for one on that raft! Cheers for the cool entry and good luck in the competition!

Pity that he didn't take his pal the skellie along, but I guess there was only room for one on that raft!

Guess he had skellie for lunch some time ago :pir_laugh2:

Anyway: Fun entry! Good work.

Guess he had skellie for lunch some time ago :pir_laugh2:

I'm surprised he passed on having the parrot for breakfast then! :pir_laugh2:

I love your entry, the raft and the little island in the back are very well done.

Nice creation! I like the use of the big troll. Very original, very new. I like the diagonal pier and the dead body in the chest. What happened to his legs? Is he sailing away on the pier?

thanks so far for thes nice words!

The legs? i dunno, they didn't fit in the box! so we ( my son and i) chew on it, while making this MOC :laugh:

I'm really liking the departure form traditional "stone" cliffs to a more earthy color. Great concept, the only problem I find is the sheer rise from the beach to the dune/cliff. A more transitioned aproach would really add. Anyway, Great work, good luck.

~SR~

A clever idea, and so well executed! I could have envisioned the trolls as a rival faction to the pirates or even as allies, but making the troll a pirate captain in such a matter-of-fact way-- that's some real creativity.