Sign in to follow this  
muell

Has #10199 winter toy shop been discontinued?

Let's keep the spirit of the holidays flowing in these Christmas/holiday topics, shall we? :classic: Some people will stock up to sell on Ebay and trade for diamonds, that's a free market; and although it doesn't seem fair to those without, it's all about timing and availability near you. I think we'd all agree that it's a great little set, and if you were lucky enought to get one, then that's fantastic. If you weren't, maybe we'll see the set become available next year.

Agreed.

Last note: Just like Zhu Zhu, eh? No more, please.

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

I really don't understand people who are loading up on these sets and selling them on ebay for $100 with free shipping.

With tax, this set costs about $65 in the store. Ebay and Paypal fees will cost another $10-$12, and shipping will be anywhere from $12-$15 via USPS because of the size of the box. Factor in the gas and time to buy these and list them and drive to the post office and package them, and you're making like 10 bucks per set. Is it really worth that kinda trouble for so little return? Really? :hmpf_bad:

MaxGoof's point is spot on.

What bothers me, and obviously not just me, is that such statements simply sound wrong in an AFOL community. After all, this is supposed to be a place where people help each other out with that kind of stuff... Of course I'd be more than willing to pay obscene amounts if I have those and if another member is selling a classic set I'd like to own, but that's definitely not the point here. It's the attitude which I found distasteful.

Back to the Winter Toy Store though - I was wondering whether we'll see an addition to it next year? Bearing in mind what LEGO said when announcing and marketing it, I guess we're all expecting some kind of Exclusive to go along with the Toy Store to come out in 2010, but what would really be great is if TLG would start releasing Christmas Exclusives on a regular basis which, assembled together, make up a nice X-mas village scene - that way, they'd totally rival Department 56 :tongue:

Edited by TheOtters

Unfortunately, Otters, this problem is not new and has been going on for a while. The concept is simple: Gather up all of the Season's hottest toys you can lay your hands on, and sell them for 100-300% over the retail price online. It is certainly not the reason for the season, and avoiding it won't help. It's kind of sad that some people rob other people's hard-earned cash just because they want to [jealousy] make a profit. Think of the children... And the AFOLS!

What if the set doesn't become available next year? :alien:

I just tried to order the winter toy shop and its out of stock lego customer service said they dont show a date of when it will be in stock again. I hope I dont miss out on this set Im still upset that I missed the holiday train. Anyone have any info on if they will be restocking.

I sure hope not. It hasn't reached Australian shores yet and I've been patiently waiting for it. I still don't understand why TLG don't release stuff world-wide, instead of drip feeding the sets to different countries.

I learned something new. The lego store will ship direct from there store. I didnt get free shipping because of it but I was able to order two sets.

Does any one know if this service is offered to people in the uk?

I hope so as this was going to be my Christmas present to me from me :classic:

I remember looking at the Winter Toy Shop set a few weeks ago and thinking, "that would be a cool set to get especially for display by the Christmas tree." Once a few weeks came by, I saw that it was out of stock at Lego, and the price was skyrocketing on Ebay! Even at $100 I consider the set worth it, but I will probably wait for hopefully the price to be driven down somewhat before picking it up.

Yea I saw this yesterday, Sold Out for USA

Also the Cafe Corner and Town Plan are also sold out.

Well, congratulations, you little scalper, you. Nice to know other people's misery this Christmas will make you very happy. :pir-sick:
I must agree there, Inconspicuous... That was not too a very smart thing to say - you didn't have to shove it in other people's faces, now did you?
Thirded.

I'm really sorry. :blush: I honestly wasn't trying to rub it in any of your faces. I thought maybe people would have similar stories or that sharing a success story would break up this rather angry thread.

I'm sorry if I have offended any of you, I really didn't mean it.

I'm really sorry. :blush: I honestly wasn't trying to rub it in any of your faces. I thought maybe people would have similar stories or that sharing a success story would break up this rather angry thread.

I'm sorry if I have offended any of you, I really didn't mean it.

Never tread on someones rant :tongue:

*runs off to buy all the Toy Shops from LEGO store which has loads in stock*

:wink:

Not too expensive on BL (yet), you can get one for $81.00 MISB, plus shipping, (ok price but not crazy)

This reminds me of the Hoth Base situation in 2007, where everyone went crazy, because we found out that Lucas had a special deal with LEGO to only make a limited amount, yes for once "limited edition" actually meant "limited edition" :tongue::grin:

Hopefully more will become available as I think this was quite fast for a set to be sold out, plus LEGO likes making money, why not make more, to make more money?

Edited by Macoco

Oh man I want one of these... :cry_sad:

Do anyone have an extra or know a store which still have it in stock? I´d gladly pay full cost + shipping, as it probably would be cheaper than BL...

Anyone? :cry_happy:

Currently in stock today at the Lego shop in Milton Keynes UK. I grabbed one firmly with both hands. :classic:

I hope this helps someone.

Welcome to Eurobricks with that handy UK news Itrain. Unfortunately I live in Dorset (near to Devon) so I'm nowhere near a brand store.

However, I know a fair few members who often go to one or always go to one for all their purchases.

Edited by The Rancor

Not too expensive on BL (yet), you can get one for $81.00 MISB, plus shipping, (ok price but not crazy)

$83 now but that's still about $26 cheaper than the Swedish S@H price was (no s/h included). :hmpf:

You should check them out, Dennimator. You might actually save a little cash by buying it from BL instead.

Unfortunately I live in Dorset

I live in Newcastle, I don't like the way that there are so few lego brand shops in England.

An issue made even worse by the fact that lego seem to refuse to provide any help to any one wanting to open a franchise or buy from them directly.

Its a shame because if there were one close buy you can bet I'd spend a lot more on impulse purchases. :sad:

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! I just called my local shop and they are shipping one to me! :cry_happy:

My wife was supposed to get me this set, but said she couldn't because it was sold out. She's going to be REALLY surprised when this set is wrapped up under the tree for me from "Santa". ;-)

I don't blame anyone that's loading up on sets. Good for them. I thought about it, but decided to only get one. If people are willing to pay $100, then I say go for it! There's plenty of people out there that need the money these days. Good for them for figuring out an interesting way to do it!

The clerk was VERY nice to me on the phone. I could hear it was CRAZY in the background. He said he had another customer call and ask to do the same yesterday.

Funny, it turns out the "Customer" that called the day before was actually MY WIFE! Sorry though, I'm giving the set I ordered to my cousin. Don't tell my wife I ordered one, she'd be pissed that I didn't trust her to get one!

I will probably wait for hopefully the price to be driven down somewhat before picking it up.

I don't like to rain on anyones parade, but I don't think prices for the Winter Toy Shop will go down... I can't think of too many instances where a Lego set that was discontinued or sold out actually depreciated in value.

I don't like to rain on anyones parade, but I don't think prices for the Winter Toy Shop will go down... I can't think of too many instances where a Lego set that was discontinued or sold out actually depreciated in value.

It is pretty clear from the wording of the statement by LEGO that the set will be available once again for the holiday's next year.

Thanks for the tip Etzel. :classic: I´ll probably go for that.

Funny, it turns out the "Customer" that called the day before was actually MY WIFE! Sorry though, I'm giving the set I ordered to my cousin. Don't tell my wife I ordered one, she'd be pissed that I didn't trust her to get one!

Noo, sell it to me! :tongue: