Sign in to follow this  
muell

Has #10199 winter toy shop been discontinued?

So this is probably the wrong place to mention that I happened to get a full copy of this set (including extra pieces) by purchasing three Brick Grab Bags at my local LEGO store, for a grand total of 3×$7.99, right?

*ducks out of thread before something heavy is lobbed in this general direction*

So this is probably the wrong place to mention that I happened to get a full copy of this set (including extra pieces) by purchasing three Brick Grab Bags at my local LEGO store, for a grand total of 3
Edited by Legoliner Pilot

I had heard that they only produced 20,000 of these for the entire US market, so it was only meant to be a limited run in the US. If this is in fact where you live, I suggest ordering it from a nearby Lego store or Bricklink.

Just checked S@H for Australia, good news it's still available and now the bad news, orders are placed on backorder and stocks of which won't be shipped until the 28th December. :look:

Limited run set for US market. Shop at home is right, it is sold out! However, call a LEGO retail store and they can ship it out if they still have any in stock. But if you waited til Black Friday to call, GOOD LUCK! Stores will be crazy and orders over the phone will most likely be nonexistent! But give it a try, you never know.

Over a week ago I went to the Lego store and they had them stacked on the shelves and a ton stacked on the floor. Same with the advent calendar. They also had a deal if you spent over $75 you get a free little cardboard house the size of a pick-a-brick small cup to fill after Christmas. I was surprised these 2 items weren't flying off the shelf! They were going for $80-100 on Ebay. I knew that so I bought one extra box. My niece of 6 years old came over and we started building it, saved the advent calendar for later, and the extra Winter Toy Shop I put on Ebay auction and it sold for $100 with free shipping. I normally dislike when people do that kind of thing but I needed some extra Christmas money and they were just sitting there untouched surprisingly. But now black Friday just passed, if you don't know what that is, here in America it is the busiest sales shopping day of the year where stores open on thanksgiving at midnight or at 5am the next day for deals. So I'm not sure if the shop still has some.

I gotta say that it is pretty sad indeed that they couldn't have made enough supply. I mentioned this in another thread but Toys R' Us has been begging Lego to supply them with more and they offered them more shelf space at their stores. They have a whole isle both sides, end caps, and some middle isle shelving too! It's tough to get end cap space too! Tons of Lego's stock has been sold out on online stores so I took advantage of Black Friday and Lego's sale by spending over $300 on the official site. If they had an over $400 spending deal I probably would have gone to that.

Edited by Grimmy

Sorry people, I confirmed that it's sold out. I'm quoting Steve Witt:

The Winter Toy Shop has gone through the production that it will have for this year and no more will be produced. a lot of Countries are sold out online, if you're lucky enough to have a LEGO store nearby though you may be able to snag one there. This item was really hot.

Sorry people, I confirmed that it's sold out. I'm quoting Steve Witt:

I just got mine 3 days before it sold out :grin: I'm so happy to have grabbed it before it was gone! But I feel bad for my 9 year old cousin, Claire, who REALLY wanted it for Christmas but missed out :sad: Lego confuses me sometimes :wacko:

On Black Friday the Valley Fair shopping center LEGO Store in Santa Clara, CA had hundreds of Winter Toy Shops stacked one on top of each other near the left window. Almost every person grabbed one. :look:

LEGO Stores should have a couple of them left if they didn't sell out on Black Friday...

The Steve Witt quote is still (in my opinion) a little ambiguous. Yes, it has gone through production that it will have for this year and no more will be produced. Does that mean no more will be produced this year or ever? I'm guessing he didn't mean to be unclear and I'm also not quite familiar with how a production run is done (ie. whether past sets have been put on hiatus until the following year or do they make all they will make and that's it). I mean it would be silly to gear up production again now to sell in Spring (again I don't know the lead time necessary to restart another production run), but what's to stop them from making another production run, next year?

Were lucky enough to pick up our set on Nov. 28 at the Glendale California Lego shop. Call stores if you want to get one. Gorgeous theme set.

Brickshop still has 14 left.

I had to be more specific. It's was sold out on Lego.com.

And I believe at brickshop as well now.

I managed to snag a few on Black Friday. :cry_happy: I know I'm extremely fortunate since it's been discontinued.

Congrats to everyone who snagged one.

EDIT: Removed content considered "offensive rubbing in face".

The Steve Witt quote is still (in my opinion) a little ambiguous. Yes, it has gone through production that it will have for this year and no more will be produced. Does that mean no more will be produced this year or ever? I'm guessing he didn't mean to be unclear and I'm also not quite familiar with how a production run is done (ie. whether past sets have been put on hiatus until the following year or do they make all they will make and that's it). I mean it would be silly to gear up production again now to sell in Spring (again I don't know the lead time necessary to restart another production run), but what's to stop them from making another production run, next year?

I quote Steve again:

if they do produce it again for next year it will no doubt be a small quantity so grab it as soon as you see it.

I managed to snag three on Black Friday. (I outsmarted the one per customer by dragging my mom and brother) I'm going to resell them, but if it's already gone up to $100, think of where it will be later. :oh:

Congrats to everyone who snagged one.. or a few.

Well, congratulations, you little scalper, you. Nice to know other people's misery this Christmas will make you very happy. :pir-sick:

In order to find this set in the US, either check ebay or call one of the LEGO stores. Our store has a number of Toy Shops left, and we ship them for $10 anywhere in the US. Today we had a customer call from Myrtle Beach looking for the Toy Shop and we were able to ship it to him. :thumbup:

This I can confirm. I was at the Lego store last Friday and there were probably close to 100 or so sets. When I mentioned that the Toy Shop was not available online, I was informed by a sales rep that they can ship any set available in the store anywhere in the US.

Good luck to those of you who hasn't bought this set yet. I suggest you do ASAP before the Lego stores sells out.

I was at the store in Northpark Center, Dallas, TX, two days ago and was able to pick up a set. There were still close to two dozen available. While I was checking out, the manager was on the phone discussing shipment of the set to a customer outside the Dallas area. For those still trying to get this set, I'd recommend doing some searching and start calling some LEGO stores to see if they can ship it to you; beats paying eBay prices. Also, the clerk behind the counter said a guy came in earlier that day and bought 10 of them.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! I just called my local shop and they are shipping one to me! :cry_happy:

My wife was supposed to get me this set, but said she couldn't because it was sold out. She's going to be REALLY surprised when this set is wrapped up under the tree for me from "Santa". ;-)

I don't blame anyone that's loading up on sets. Good for them. I thought about it, but decided to only get one. If people are willing to pay $100, then I say go for it! There's plenty of people out there that need the money these days. Good for them for figuring out an interesting way to do it!

The clerk was VERY nice to me on the phone. I could hear it was CRAZY in the background. He said he had another customer call and ask to do the same yesterday.

Well, congratulations, you little scalper, you. Nice to know other people's misery this Christmas will make you very happy. :pir-sick:

I must agree there, Inconspicuous... That was not too a very smart thing to say - you didn't have to shove it in other people's faces, now did you?

I nearly ordered this the other week from Shop at Home, held off and then it was out of stock, annoyed by all these people buying this set just to sell it on for twice the price on fleabay.

By pure chance I went into my rubbish local town, and in a games shop I spotted this set in the window, went in and got the last available set! Could not believe my luck,

The guy behind me in the shop also wanted the set, I was so lucky!

Happy days

Paul

I must agree there, Inconspicuous... That was not too a very smart thing to say - you didn't have to shove it in other people's faces, now did you?

Thirded.

Let's keep the spirit of the holidays flowing in these Christmas/holiday topics, shall we? :classic: Some people will stock up to sell on Ebay and trade for diamonds, that's a free market; and although it doesn't seem fair to those without, it's all about timing and availability near you. I think we'd all agree that it's a great little set, and if you were lucky enought to get one, then that's fantastic. If you weren't, maybe we'll see the set become available next year.