Sign in to follow this  
muell

Has #10199 winter toy shop been discontinued?

I just tried to order the winter toy shop and its out of stock lego customer service said they dont show a date of when it will be in stock again. I hope I dont miss out on this set Im still upset that I missed the holiday train. Anyone have any info on if they will be restocking.

I sure hope not, I won't have a place for it in my budget for a while. It's likely gone due to the upcoming holidays.

No it's not discontinued. Where would you ever get such an idea? It was just released. Many have been ordered and TLG is sold out. It's a very popular set and I would expect it to be in stock soon or be available for back order. I hope that clears things up.

Edited by JCC1004

Lego S@H for Australia are on backorder, Lego claim shipping 18 December.

Doubled checked for Germany/UK same shipping 18 December.

Anyway I could not think why Lego would drop this one so quick, it's not even Christmas yet.

Im fairly new to legos and from talking to the woman from legos customer service saying I couldnt order it I figured it was like the advent calender when there gone there gone. The ebay auctions I see also say its been discontinued.

As ever, the first thing to do with this kind of question is specify which market you're talking about (US or rest of the world).

In the non-US market, as has been said, the set has been backordered twice - to the 8th Dec and now to the 18th Dec - which means Lego is doing another production run.

This may not be the case in the US, where it has bypassed backordered and jumped straight to sold out. I had heard there may have been a limited number of sets produced for the US, so it may well be that 'sold out' means exactly that.

The US and Europe - two different markets with there own warehouses etc. So for now it´s sold out in the US which means it won´t come back before Christmas. Does that mean it´s gone forever? Nope, a set - this included, usually has a 2 year lifespann. So it will be gone long enough for TLG to mark it sold out, but it should resurface later next year.

Sorry for not mentioning I was reffering to the US market. So is there any chance that they will bring it back for a short time after christmas?

Edited by muell

Darn Darn Darn! I was going to place an order this week too! I hope it comes back as well. Me thinks I had better get moving with the rest of my holiday order.

An interesting tidbit, I remember in the announcement/prediction thread for this set, that someone asked how long it would be available, and TLG responded back along the lines of "this set will be available until stock becomes completely depleted."

An interesting tidbit, I remember in the announcement/prediction thread for this set, that someone asked how long it would be available, and TLG responded back along the lines of "this set will be available until stock becomes completely depleted."
I posted that. Here's a direct quote:
I got a quick response from LEGO Customer Service about the availability of the set, but they just said this:
This is an exclusive item only sold through Shop at Home, item #10199 (Winter Toy Shop) will be available until stock is completely depleted.

:wacko:

:wink:

Hopefully it will indeed return before the end of the year!

And muell, do you have a LEGO Store near you? Chances are they still have lots on the shelf.

I learned something new. The lego store will ship direct from there store. I didnt get free shipping because of it but I was able to order two sets.

Even if it is sold out, it may reacur next year. THe holiday train reacurred about 4 years before being discontinued.

Even if it is sold out, it may recur next year. The holiday train recurred about 4 years before being discontinued.

The Holiday train was released in 2006 and discontinued [for good] in 2007, so I don't see what you are talking about?

The Holiday train was released in 2006 and discontinued [for good] in 2007, so I don't see what you are talking about?

Hm, I may be mistaken, but I believe it had been released around christmas for 3 years, but I'll check.

In order to find this set in the US, either check ebay or call one of the LEGO stores. Our store has a number of Toy Shops left, and we ship them for $10 anywhere in the US. Today we had a customer call from Myrtle Beach looking for the Toy Shop and we were able to ship it to him. :thumbup:

Normally, we don't like to see a topic in the Town Forum related to a single set discontinuation, but because this is an exclusive and a seasonal set, let me comment.

I live in the US and was waiting to order the Winter Toy Shop. I waited too long and because of this topic, checked SAH availability today. According to the customer service rep. I spoke with, LEGO will not be able to back order their supply and receive it in time for Christmas. Because of this reason, they have decided to discontinue the set. It may reappear next year, but will no longer be available in the US. I've known SAH to be wrong before, so I did some calling.

Both the Lego retail store in Disneyland California (Anaheim), and Legoland California still have the set and does ship orders. The retail store in Disney does charge more for shipping and charges sales tax (which I think is pretty crappy). For those of you looking to get this set before the holidays, I recommend you order soon; if not, you may not have another chance until next year (or on Ebay).

Good luck!

Wow, didn't expect it to be totally gone so fast! I picked mine up from the Bellevue, WA LEGO store about 2 weeks ago and it was the last one on the shelves.

My lovely wife surprised me last Thursday evening by buying the Winter Toy Shop. She said that one of the store employees at the LEGO store in Cincinnati, Ohio told her that she had made a wise decision to buy the set because they were flying off the floor (they were stored stacked on the floor versus the shelves). There was a decent supply of them at the store a week ago the Friday before last week (11/13/2009). We plan on building it together this coming Friday when we decorate the house for Christmas.

The prices for the Winter Toy Shop on Ebay are ridiculous. Hopefully the sold out status isn't permanent for the short term and those who missed out can still purchase it for a reasonable price.

I missed it too!

I was hoping to order it and Emerald Night in time for the Holidays...but alas! I am sure there is serious scalping happening at eBay for these.

I hope it will be back next season. It looks like an awesome little set and I will be sorry to see it go.