Sign in to follow this  
brickzone

MOC: Winter Station

traintech1.jpg

Hello all - well, finally I get to post an MOC I was working on earlier this month. My very first railway station in Lego, and finally using the Emerald Night I built months ago! Due to the constrained space, unfortunately not part of a working train layout (for now!). The station was built with a Winter Village in mind (MOC posted in this thread) and so is snow-covered (white plate covered!)

A view of the front of the station on its own (in the final display pictured last here, there is a building hiding the platform):

01_front.jpg

Just another angle to get a sense of proportions. The ordinary stone "house" look was modelled roughly on some existing/closed simple Irish railway stations (although many of the ones in use are on former Great Southern & Western Railway which had many pseudo-chapel/castle buildings with fancy parapets and gothic windows, or have detailed Victorian trappings)

02_frontangle.jpg

View from the platform - here you can see the canopy for the platform.

03_platform.jpg

Close up on some waiting passengers and the station master. The people are an attempt at roughly early 20th century - as with others in the Winter Village.

04_platformdetail.jpg

The roof comes off in two pieces to allow access to the interior, and platform under canopy.

05_inside.jpg

Another view showing (poorly unfortunately) the uncovered platform and seating.

06_insideplatform.jpg

There is a little room for the station master on the first floor (unfortunately out of focus). He has a radiogram (or whatever you call it).

07_insidetop.jpg

A view inside the waiting room - a nice fire to keep people warm.

08_insidewaiting.jpg

In case you thought a clock should be in the waiting room - there is one on the back wall above the ticket counter.

09_insideback.jpg

This wall simply lifts out to allow access to the ticket office. A simple filing cabinet, and hidden by the ticket man there is a little safe under the stairs. The stairs were, needless to say, tough to fit in (but I never like to omit stairs)!

10_insideoffice.jpg

Finally a view of the station in-situe in the Winter Village (again, will be posting this later, although the building beside the station which is not my own MOC/MOD/model, isn't finished yet).

11_stationinsitue.jpg

Edited by brickzone

What a beautiful station. It made me feel in the "winter mood", nice work. I like the colors very much, the stone surface you've created works very well. The interior is also nice and comfy, you've done a great job on the ticket office. The lanters are also very nice. Great winter scene, I would love to see more of such creations comming winter! :thumbup:

A lovely station! The color scheme is perfect and spot on.

The only thing I wonder is how this station would look like in the summer. The colors of the walls and details work perfectly with the white snow, but would they also look this good with a black or red roof and green baseplates and so on? It´s not winter the whole year in your tabletown, is it? ;)

Fantastic train station Brickzone, and a fine village "to boot". I especially like how you incorporated the "Legoredo" sign above the station. The entire scene captures a wintery season very well. The station is packed with fine details making it the focal point of your village, although the castle-like structure also captures some of my attention. Great colors and design.

I've been wanting to build another station myself, but Wild West, rather than winter. This motivates me to break out the pieces.

I hope you don't mind, but since I think this creation really focusses on the station with Emerald Night, I'm going to move this topic into the Train Tech forum. I've left the link in the main Trains & Town for anyone that might spot it. This is certainly deserving of a front page, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it blogged on Classic Town.

Great job! :thumbup:

EDIT: Are those classic red shutters at the ticket counter - fantastic!

Thanks for comments and especially the frontpaging (although as I say, the station is but a part of the Winter Village scene which I have now posted).

Yes, classic red shutters at the ticket counter - I would have liked green, but actually red probably works better on the brown interior wall.

DJForce - it would look more "boring", but I think based on my experience with the Norman church (also in the picture), dark grey plates for the roof would set it off nicely too and it would look "the part". The base would be grey - as outside the front would be a station yard or town street.

That is a great MOC. I like how you used the green. Its kind of unusual but it works nicely. My only suggestion would be to make the snow on the roofs thicker. It would look a little more realistic I think. :thumbup:

Commodore: It's an Irish snowfall (not even a full inch :classic: ) Thanks for the comments on green (wasn't there a promo video about green Lego?) I chose the colours to cheer up the grey building, act as a station livery for the train company, fit the cheerful Christmas scene, link with Emerald Night, and be kind of Irish too!

A very nice winter landscape you created.

The trainstation is really great with so many details. I like the umbrella stand with umbrellas. Never seen that one before.

But there are really alot great things to look at in such a "small" set.

Very nice station brickzone :thumbup::wub:

The Emerald Night looks fantastic in it! :wub:

I like the snow on the roofs! Very nicely done!

Great job!

CommanderFox

Great wintersetup.

I love the winter details, and also the inside of the train station.

I am not a fan of the EN but it fits perfectly in here.

Well done :thumbup: