Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRex110

REVIEW: 8188 Fire Blaster (Power Miners)

On a scale of 1 to 5  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

This set looks better than I expected. I might even pick this one up, to see how it is. BTW that big orange lava monster looks really mean :oh:

Great review, wonderful minifigs, horrible set. Thanks, hopefully I can pick this set up soon.

for one thing, Great review, unfortunately I'm not too keen on the set. IMO the plot, and excicution of power miners has been going down hill from day one, and now for some reason the PMs have mining equiptment AND firefigthing eqwiptment :hmpf:

I also hate the new color combo; lime green, orange, and blue :sick:

The set itself, minus the super imposed plot, is alright, and perhaps even good, or it would be if it made any sense :wacko:

The thing I like about this set is the minifig, the monster the crystal, and some of the parts

I like the new chrome visor on the newly recolored chrome helmets though, as well as the torso. I also like the buggy Idea and the cockpit thing, and may include such looks in my own mocs. I'd buy an impulse containing a useful fig such as that but I will likely not buy this set

(thispost was not meant to offend anyone, I didnot insult any one, if you disagree don't be hurtfull this is just IMO)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by dannylonglegs

When I first say the new sets online, I was upset with the change of the uniforms. It was not until I was at my local TRU and saw that the two first sets released are a fire squad. Now that I know they are silver for a reason, all is well. I don't know about the rubber tires though. All of the rest of the sets have hard wheels, or at least treads. The tires stand out a little, and seem even more out of place being that the vehicle would apparently be near fire.

Nice review. I agree with many of you- the mini-figures are the best parts of this set. I'm a sucker for the rock monsters, or in this case, lava monsters. I like the new visor piece, too.

Great first Review CaptainRex110 :thumbup:

This set looks like a pretty good set!

I like the parts selection! :thumbup:

The new rock monsters look very cool!

Great job!

CommanderFox

Pictures are removed...why?

Propably because CaptainRex (the reviewer) removed them from his flickr account, from where they were deeplinked. Why he removed them, I cannot say.

This happens sometimes with older reviews. I wish there was a way the pictures in the reviews could stay permanently, but with all the deeplinking, there's never a guarantee.

that's a really good set. nice photos to. sorry if this reply didn't come out so well. this is my first time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by rouge343