Year: 2010

Theme: Creator

Pieces: 60

Price: $5.49 USD

New little set from LEGO.

lego5865-01.jpg

All the parts, the greens mesmerized me so I bought it

lego5865-21.jpg

Pieces of interest: New 1x1 SNOT bricks (I am on a crusade getting many of those) and green roof things. I often see them in grey or dark grey, not so much in green

lego5865-22.jpg

Parts list

I start with the weakest model: race car

lego5865-02.jpglego5865-03.jpg

lego5865-04.jpg

lego5865-05.jpg

lego5865-06.jpg

parts left over.

It's a weak model since it doesn't resemble any real car. Open wheels with windshield? And is that fire jetting out its back? meh

Off Roader

lego5865-07.jpglego5865-08.jpg

lego5865-09.jpglego5865-10.jpg

lego5865-11.jpg

lego5865-12.jpg

parts left over.

This one is a better. Kinda short/stubby, but it looks and feels like a jeep.

And now, the main model: The Mini Dumper!

lego5865-13.jpg

lego5865-14.jpglego5865-16.jpg

lego5865-17.jpg

Parts left over

lego5865-18.jpg

It feels so big! The dumper really looks like the real thing, and it's impressive considering that the scale of this id about half of what a CITY version might theoretically be like. Hm, I think I'd like to see this in LEGO CITY scale, and one that uses bricks for the dumper instead of a couple of big premade pieces.

lego5865-20.jpg

Sorry for the rather sucky camera and lighting, but this was a quick review, hopefully we can put some info out here on the interwebs, as this one has been rather obscure.

Edited by wooootles
Indexed

Thanks for sharing this mini creator review. This mini dumper looks pretty neat and this is the first time I have seen it. I have indexed this review, but if you have the time, I will appericate if you could revisit this review and touch up a little especially on the images. :wink:

Thanks for the review, Wooootles! This looks like a great set, and an easy source of trans-clear 1x2 plates and green parts.

Nice review. I like this set more than any other Creator Mini sets, because it has some very cool pieces, like the hinge and wall pieces. :thumbup:

Nice little set, with some nice parts and nice models to build. Thanks for the review.

Well this one will be handy for parts especially for the 1x1 brick w/1 stud plus the green 2x1 plate w/door rail.

In any case well done in the review of this 'Wooootles' it is quite a cute little dump truck isn't ?

Oh yeah and also you can make a racing car too. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this review, wooootles! :thumbup:

I think this is a nice little set. I haven't liked any of these mini creator sets so far but this one I might actually buy. Green parts is always nice and it could be a good way to stock up on those new headlight bricks.

Again, sorry for the blur in some pics and the rather cozy lighting :oh:

If you guys wanted a non-bricklink way of getting only the new SNOT bricks I would suggest going for the 30008 snowman impulse set, it's about a buck fifty cheaper and has 6 of those new SNOT bricks. Otherwise, this is a good standalone model, and this set also has quite a bit of good, useful parts for MOC aside from those SNOT bricks.

It's the reason I picked up this little set, to use its pieces, but I think I've been having too much fun with it lately...

lego5865-23.jpg

Time to buy another one!