quietworkshop

Café Corner [10182] x8

Long story short: Cafe Corner was my first Lego set in 12+ years. I bought one. Then I bought another. Then I visited Bricklink....several times. and behold,

Vertigo:

1_1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Upon the completion of my first Cafe Corner build, I thought that it was quaint and lovely. But it also occurred to me that it had the potential for grandeur, too....I hope someone likes what I've done! I apologize for the lousy background, my girlfriend and I live in a tiny apartment that is crammed to the brim with furniture! I had to practically excavate books to clear that counter top.

PS. now everything else I own looks tiny.

Edited by quietworkshop

Its got too much brown in the middle.

I always wonder what happens to the upper and lower most floors when people do things like this... :grin:

Steve

Awesome work quietworkshop.

If you ever change it add suggest to add more colour to the central section, too much brown is kind of detracting for the overall look. Is there any interior?

OMG it's beautiful.

I don't think theres too much brown, everything seems to flow just right and truly looks the part of an early 1900's hotel.

Very good work in deed ! :classic::thumbup:

Very nicely done.

Things like this really make me appreciate being an AFOL. Having the resources now ($$$ and bricklink) to build the things that as a kid I never would have been able to build.

I don't think its too much brown, Reminds me off a Wartime building in London, They wouldn't be as fancy and colourful as American buildings.

Also, you do realise how much time he spent building these and buying them. Im not quite sure I would be bothered to spend another £50-100 changing the colour of a few bricks. :grin:

Very nice, although the brown is kinda overwhelming. Now all the minifigs have a place to stay :thumbup:

I think it looks great, so tall, just like a real hotel of that era.

Very expensive too.

What happens when you buy the Green Grocer or Fire Brigade?? :tongue:

Well, I see two of those stroller ladies from Green Grocer on the street, so I'd imagine he's already gotten started on that!

Great job, quietworkshop! :thumbup:

I always wondered if it was really worth buying 8 and doing that. For me, it isn't worth it, but I'm sure you must like it. If you have extra floors that you don't need , you can always give them to me. :tongue:

Good job.

Hmmmm, looks quite good, but if you pardon my saying I think it comes across as a bit too much of a spend of money. By that I mean that while it is certainly a great sight to behold, I think the repetitive structure leaves much to be desired, atleast for me, "samey" if you will.

But of course that's my opinion, and more power to you if you're happy with it.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I received mine yesterday and started building. I have finished the ground floor. I love this set so much already...

Would be nice if TLG released a supplemental set with just the middle floor...

I received mine yesterday and started building. I have finished the ground floor. I love this set so much already...

Would be nice if TLG released a supplemental set with just the middle floor...

When it comes to that, i wish TLG released a set with some interior design for it! :tongue:

a big thanks to everyone who has commented to far! the feedback makes it extra worthwhile!

I'm glad some people liked the brown and some did not. I wish that there were additional windows in the middle where there are two stacks of brown 1x2s, but, I wanted to stay true to the Lego design and therefore was not willing to change anything.

I think Joey Lock said it perfectly, it reminds me of a 1900s wartime building in London. Sober but grand!

@Carbohydrates: You have a good eye spotting those stroller ladies! I did get started on the Green Grocer - ready by next winter season!

As far as money spent, I'm kinda surprised that some people are of the opinion that it is too much to spend. I see a lot of magnificent collections here on Eurobricks. Trains and Town especially. The vintage (80s+90s) train stuff goes for quite a bit of money. Same for Castle and Pirates, which are my other favourites. I can't imagine how much some people have invested in that stuff...I myself spent about $300 USD buying two Cafe Corners. I spent an additional $500 on Bricklink so I could build the extra floors. $800 in all. That's a lot of money for me but I consider it absolutely worthwhile and am proud to have such a Lego creation.

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by quietworkshop