Sign in to follow this  
The Who

How do you listen to your music?

Music, and your preferances  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to listen to music?

• Computer
    • Vinyl Records
    • CDs (Compact Discs)
    • Ipod
    • Radio
    • All of the above
    • Other (If so, please state how)

As the title says, how do you listen to your music?

I've always wondered how many of us still really like Vinyl with so many other options available. I typically listen to CDs and Vinyl, but I technically listen to all of the poll options.

Edited by booger540

I'd suggest you add an option of "computer", and change the poll to multiple choice, as I listen to multiple of the options, but not all.

I wouldn't say Youtube = Computer... Even though YT could sometimes be useful when checking out on new artists that you're not familiar with yet.

I prefer listening to my favourite music on my PC in lossless format and that's as close to vinyl as you can get. Despite that, there's something to buying, playing & owning an original CD that just can't be replaced. Sort of like reading a real book and going for that Kindle contraption (or audiobooks). As to means of playing music - I don't think that the PC really is the best thing there is out there, or the most enjoyable option... I don't currently own one, but I love hi-fi systems and will be getting one later on (Denon / Marantz / Focal, that kind of hi-fi). And regarding the CD / Vinyls thing, I guess I was just born a tad bit too late for the latter, besides getting hold of quality vinyls here in Bulgaria is as good as impossible.

I voted computer (got me a nice pair of Altec Lansing stereo speakers and 100gigs of music), CDs (I've been trying to buy as many boxsets & CDs of my fav artists as I can) & other. When I'm on the go, "other" = my phone + 8gb micro-sd + bluetooth stereo headset. I used to own an ipod-like mp3 player but I ditched that and now I prefer using my phone as an all-in-one device - there is no way to get top sound quality on the go anyway!

P.S.: Oh, and of course, add radio to that. Regardless whether it's DAB or regular FM radio, I've always enjoyed both, even though I find that "regular" FM stations are getting crappier and more predictable by the day :/ DAB stations are really enjoyable though, I like sky.fm's range.

Edited by TheOtters

I download everything. I havent bought a CD since probably about 2001.

I used to make tons of CD's with downloaded music but now I just listen to it off of my phone.

Internet radio, and lex and terry take up most of my listening time.

I prefer to listen to my music from 'real' speakers- i.e., something that's not jammed into your eardrum. Radio mostly, but occasionally computer when I'm online or doing homework. However, I will listen to an ipod when I have to, because even if they are a pain sometimes, they sure can be convenient.

I used to listen CDs on a CD player, but now I use my Ipod (so I didn't check CDs). I like Ipods much better since you can change between artists, albums and songs so easily, and I never have to switch disks.

I also listen to music on the computer a lot, often when I'm posting on EB. Music that I enjoy helps me think.

And of course, radio. I listen to this more than any other method, usually when I just want to relax and have a change from the music on my Ipod. Naturally, radio never fails when your doing a chore or work around the house. :thumbup:

Vinyl is the format to listen to music in. I sit with my dad sometimes and we go through his record collection all afternoon.

I also am fond of listening to music on a tapedeck.

My second other is my Walkman, I do not own an iPod, I plan on never owning one. I love my 8GB Walkman (in silver and orange) its MP4 and much cheaper than anything Apple puts out.

I listen to my music loud! Oh wait... I mean, through an Ipod. I have over 20K songs in my music collection, so an Ipod on shuffle is how things usually get listened to.

Isn't ipod a bit limiting? You should have said MP3 player, but that's just me. :tongue:

When walking to class or running, I listen with my MP3 player. At home I have some speakers connected to my PC, so I usually just listen that way. In the car, I tend to listen to my MP3 player (I have an auxiliary jack), or a CD since I it has a 6-CD changer (which I admit is probably a little outdated at this point); I took my antenna off my car, so radio doesn't really come into the picture (although I'll listen occasionally through my MP3 player).

I have my favorite radio station, there I have all the music I prefer, and I just love it. It is turned on almost all day long, or as much as I am home!

I see a lot of you like the computer and Ipod. I mostly use a computer to watch music videos, and I have yet to find an Ipod that will get loud enough for my needs.

Vinyl is the format to listen to music in.
I was beginning to think I was the only one who enjoyed albums, glad to know others do also. :thumbup:

I mostly listen to music while I'm either in the car or on the computer so I chose CD and computer. I also use a music player at work when I am working on paperwork or doing something tedious in my office. I listen to music for a large portion of my day and sometimes when I sleep, I leave music playing.

I listen to music many ways, mostly from the computer and radio.

A man is nothing without a Youtube account filled with lots of songs in the playlists. :tongue:

Youtube and my LG Cookie mostly, but also an Ipod as a backup, if my Cookie runs out of power :hmpf:

A man

You're not a man! You're ''een straalbezopen vandalist die niet online wil komen op msn''! :tongue:

You're not a man! You're ''een straalbezopen vandalist die niet online wil komen op msn''! :tongue:

I think that is rather offensive, off topic and not neccesarry at all. It's not even true. :angry: You don't even know what a 'straalbezopen vandalist' acutally is right?

I think that is rather offensive, off topic and not neccesarry at all. It's not even true. :angry: You don't even know what a 'straalbezopen vandalist' acutally is right?

I just translated that Wouwie and calling someone a "Drunken Madman" isn't a polite thing to say. :angry:

I also listen in a lot of ways. Usually Ipod and mobile phone, but also tv, computer and cd's. And on my work I listen to the radio. And we also have a vinyl record-player and sometimes I listen to my old Mp3. Thats what I call 'multimedia listening' :pirate:

I always use my computer. I have a hand-me-down Ipod from my brother, but its fully charged battery only lasts half an hour. :sceptic:

I always use my computer. I have a hand-me-down Ipod from my brother, but its fully charged battery only lasts half an hour. :sceptic:

An Ipod with only a half hour battery? That is what I call lame for an expensive device like an Ipod. Have you tried the customer service? An Ipod should last much longer on a fully charged battery/accu. :sceptic:

Well if my I-pod runs out of power i use my computer, and CDs. :pirate:

I think a CD is waaay to expensive sometimes. I'd rather download the songs and listen to them on my pc, which has even a better sound then my stereo!

Although it's alwyas nice to get some CD's on your birthday. :classic:

I listen on either my older iPod Nano, or my iTunes when I'm online.

Just this year I rediscovered my iPod and how great it is thanks to the soundtrack of National Treasure.

Thank you, Trevor Rabin! :grin:

I like to listen to classical on XM Pops on satellite radio. Its better than a ipod because I have no idea if I'll like what's coming next. You appreciate it better that way.

I am very anti music piracy, and have made the personal decision to delete ALL copied music from my PC. I also sold my MP3 player, as in my mind it encouraged piracy.

I now listen to music off CD's and DVD's that I own, and I use youtube and myspace to find new music.

I love you sound of vinyl, but don't have the space to keep it, or the time to look for records.