Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Sorry for this random tidbit;

I found a HUGE rack of Series 2 at a Wal-Mart by my house (Texas) and bought 5.

I got these WITHOUT having a sheet of the barcodes handy! I just felt them through the bag.

1 Pop Star

1 Mr. Maracas

1 Surfer

2 Karate Masters

I'm SOO pleased!!

~MC

I'm so mad about the Targets and Wal-Marts in my City, I have never seen a trace of these in either store, adn on the rare occasion my Toys R Us has them, they are $2.99, instead of $1.99

Where in the Wal-Mart were they?

Sorry for this random tidbit;

I found a HUGE rack of Series 2 at a Wal-Mart by my house (Texas) and bought 5.

$2.97/each?

I already mentioned how my brother and I had recently gotten two skiers, a mime, a pop star, a weightlifter, and a Spartan at a local Wal-Mart by feeling the bags. Yesterday we went back and got a Disco Dude. Sadly, though, that was the only fig left that caught our interest. There were several ringmasters and highway patrolmen left, but neither of those was a must-have. There were also a couple witches, and I'd have loved to have gotten one, but we got distracted trying to recommend sets to another family in the aisle and let them walk off with both of the witches. :sadnew:

At the Wal-Mart we were at, they were indeed on an end rack rather than in boxes, and they only cost about two dollars. Even better, the Wal-Mart was in New Hampshire, where there's no sales tax apparently. So the figs were indeed a bargain. There was still a Spartan left when we went there yesterday, along with several other desirable figs (lifeguard, surfer, pop star, etc). So if there's anyone else near the Monadnock region of New Hampshire, you oughta be checking Wal-Marts nearby to help you get the figs you want!

-----

On a completely unrelated note, I was recently comparing the printing of the figs-- not the quality, but the number of colors present on each print. Here's what I found.

1-color face prints: Mime.

2-color face prints: Spartan, Maraca Man, Witch, Karate Master, Pharaoh.

3-color face prints: Ringmaster, Vampire, Highway Patrolman, Lifeguard, Weightlifter, Skier, Surfer.

4-color face prints: Explorer, Pop Star, Disco Dude.

1-color torso prints: Mime, Surfer.

2-color torso prints: Spartan, Lifeguard, Weightlifter, Karate Master.

3-color torso prints: Ringmaster, Witch, Vampire, Explorer, Pop Star, Skier, Pharaoh.

4-color torso prints: Highway Patrolman, Disco Dude.

1-color leg/skirt prints: Lifeguard, Skier, Karate Master.

2-color leg/skirt prints: Spartan, Explorer, Weightlifter, Pop Star

3-color leg/skirt prints: Surfer, Pharaoh (unsure on this last one).

4-color leg/skirt prints: Witch.

1-color accessory prints: Maraca Man, Highway Patrolman, Disco Dude. Spartan and Pop Star, too, if painted parts count as printed.

2-color accessory prints: Surfer.

There's really no point to this list-- the number of colors in a print probably affects production cost, but in a minimal way. Just an example of the pointless stuff I entertain myself with.

I'm so mad about the Targets and Wal-Marts in my City, I have never seen a trace of these in either store, adn on the rare occasion my Toys R Us has them, they are $2.99, instead of $1.99

Where in the Wal-Mart were they?

They were at the back of the LEGO isle at the Toy section.

$2.97/each?

No actually they were $1.89 each.

BTW Here's a video on youtube of a clear picture of Series 3 (with confidential mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJo2NRRyw-8

~MC

I made a printscreen of the vidéo, tried to clear it up a bit.

It's not super neat but better than nothing...

The alien's head is nothing more than the one in the space police them... Looks like the reused the pistol from the space man of the first serie... The robot with the pirate leg looks a bit odd for me :sceptic:

I like the fisherman, the samuraï, the mummy looks nice too... The sumo guy is probably one of the simpliest... seriously this one is going to be a rip off ! The stereo of the hip hop guy could be nice.

I'm not super impressed with this serie so far, maybe with better quality picture i'll change my mind... But anyway, i'll probably end up to buy them all, if i can figure out wich one is what !! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by SiegFrank
No images of Series 3 yet...

When can we ?

How about when the 'confidential' stamp is gone? That is when TLG officially releases the pictures/announces series 3.

How about when the 'confidential' stamp is gone? That is when TLG officially releases the pictures/announces series 3.

I just thought it was a bit "stupid", that's the all point to have a preview. But if you say so...

The goal was to share but next time everybody keeps everything secret until it's officialy not secret anymore. Why do we even waist our time to guess or so what it could be or what we would like because when you have an answer (not official) nobody wants it... Odd.

I just thought it was a bit "stupid", that's the all point to have a preview. But if you say so...

The goal was to share but next time everybody keeps everything secret until it's officialy not secret anymore. Why do we even waist our time to guess or so what it could be or what we would like because when you have an answer (not official) nobody wants it... Odd.

The point of a preview is indeed to show future, unreleased sets. But the confidential pics were never intended as previews for ordinary fans. They're intended for retailers to keep private, for the sole purpose of deciding what sets they want to stock. Fans can get "sneak peeks" of these catalogs if they know a retailer who's willing to damage their credibility with LEGO by sharing the confidential images. Some even can get pictures of these confidential images and share them on the internet, further breaking LEGO's trust. People get away with it, and many fans are grateful for these sneak peeks. But that doesn't mean the images were created or distributed for that purpose originally, and LEGO never intends for the images to leak in such a way.

And I don't see what you're so upset about-- you're allowed to link to images of the new sets, just not to embed them. That is, the image shouldn't actually be hosted on Eurobricks. For example, I can put a post here saying PDF copy of 2011 images, credit to Mortymore. But I can't actually make it so that the pic actually shows up in the middle of my post, like I can do with this microfig image:

4556005.jpg

That's called embedding (a lot of folks here seem to call it deeplinking, although I've always understood to mean something different). And if I did it with any image marked "confidential" rather than an innocent, already-released microfig image, I'd be breaking Eurobricks rules, and LEGO would get very angry with this site if they allowed the image to stay up.

So basically, linking is A-OK. Embedding or hosting an image in the middle of your post is not. And LEGO has a very good relationship with the Eurobricks community, so the staff have every reason to keep the site free of embedded images that would tarnish that trusting relationship.

The point of a preview is indeed to show future, unreleased sets. But the confidential pics were never intended as previews for ordinary fans. They're intended for retailers to keep private, for the sole purpose of deciding what sets they want to stock. Fans can get "sneak peeks" of these catalogs if they know a retailer who's willing to damage their credibility with LEGO by sharing the confidential images. Some even can get pictures of these confidential images and share them on the internet, further breaking LEGO's trust. People get away with it, and many fans are grateful for these sneak peeks. But that doesn't mean the images were created or distributed for that purpose originally, and LEGO never intends for the images to leak in such a way.

And I don't see what you're so upset about-- you're allowed to link to images of the new sets, just not to embed them. That is, the image shouldn't actually be hosted on Eurobricks. For example, I can put a post here saying PDF copy of 2011 images, credit to Mortymore. But I can't actually make it so that the pic actually shows up in the middle of my post, like I can do with this microfig image:

4556005.jpg

That's called embedding (a lot of folks here seem to call it deeplinking, although I've always understood to mean something different). And if I did it with any image marked "confidential" rather than an innocent, already-released microfig image, I'd be breaking Eurobricks rules, and LEGO would get very angry with this site if they allowed the image to stay up.

So basically, linking is A-OK. Embedding or hosting an image in the middle of your post is not. And LEGO has a very good relationship with the Eurobricks community, so the staff have every reason to keep the site free of embedded images that would tarnish that trusting relationship.

I understand, said this way sounds better than the post i answerred to... It sounded a little bit more like an "insult" to me. I'll link next time instead of embedding (didn't know what it mean).

Sorry about that. Like i said it's just the way the answer was done. i didn't really like the way it sounded to me.

Edited by angel1802

I live in San Jose, California. I've visited two Target stores and the Lego store, and none of them had any collectible minifigures (unless they're hidden away somewhere in Target, which I doubt.) I'll check the Walmart eventually, but I don't have high hopes. I mean, if the Lego store itself doesn't even have them, why would anyone else? I guess the Walmarts you mentioned must have stocked a lot somehow.

Sidebar: The lego store had both winter sets (toy shop and baker). I also asked about any Pirates sets (they're discontinuing the Pirates sets), and the lady said they only had a couple odd things they keep in the back and didn't have them in when I was there anyway (not sure what things she meant). They had the imperial flagship on the shelf though.

Edited by Zeya

I live in San Jose, California. I've visited two Target stores and the Lego store, and none of them had any collectible minifigures (unless they're hidden away somewhere in Target, which I doubt.) I'll check the Walmart eventually, but I don't have high hopes. I mean, if the Lego store itself doesn't even have them, why would anyone else? I guess the Walmarts you mentioned must have stocked a lot somehow.

Sidebar: The lego store had both winter sets (toy shop and baker). I also asked about any Pirates sets (they're discontinuing the Pirates sets), and the lady said they only had a couple odd things they keep in the back and didn't have them in when I was there anyway (not sure what things she meant). They had the imperial flagship on the shelf though.

In Target stores most people have found the minifigs in the Halloween aisle. Have you tried checking there? If they're not there, I have no idea where to look, but they should be with Halloween candies, treats, and other goodies. On a side note, the Target store I've checked had not only the collectible figs there, but also some of the Atlantis and World Racers impulse sets with ID# 3####. It was a real surprise, especially since I'd rarely heard of those sets being found as non-promotional sets, at least not in the US.

The Wal-Mart I checked is way out of the way, not really near any large cities, so that could be part of why it had the figs. Not sure if people in larger metropolitan areas have found the figs at Wal-Mart stores. Well, scratch that-- obviously some of them have, if any stores have actually run out! :tongue:

And keep in mind that people who go to a LEGO store are all looking for LEGO sets. People who go to a Wal-Mart, on the other hand, could be looking for all scores of things, and thus there's still a chance the collectible figs have not sold out.

Unlike the first two series, nothing about series 3 jumps out and says "BUY ME!" The only one that really interests me is the gorilla.

I'll wait to say for sure though, since these are just preliminary images.

-VenVoi

This has probably been discussed but...I can't search through 144 pages here. I read on S@H that there is a limit of buying 16 minifig packets per household. Can anyone confirm what happens if you try to place a second order (say, 2 weeks later)? What happens if you order with your same account but ship it to your work address? I'm not trying to do anything sinister mind you; I fully intend on selling all the extras I get.

My issue is that I want to collect all 16 unique figures, and I have to assume that my local stores are all sold out (pretty sure they are at this point). So that leaves me with S@H and other internet sites. I'm wary of ordering them from eBay, especially when series 3 comes around (no barcodes) because I saw one today, for example, where they weren't including the series 1 ringmaster's hair, but I wouldn't have known it included the hairpiece if I hadn't opened him from a fresh packet. See what I'm saying? Buying the opened ones on ebay, you don't know if they'll omit the extra pieces or even the non-extra pieces if it isn't pictured on official literature (like the hairpiece).

Where is everyone finding these inside of the Target and Wal-Mart stores?? I've checked both numerous times with zero luck. It's getting frustrating.

This has probably been discussed but...I can't search through 144 pages here. I read on S@H that there is a limit of buying 16 minifig packets per household. Can anyone confirm what happens if you try to place a second order (say, 2 weeks later)?

They will probably ship it to you. I got two orders from S@H, and I'm sure I could get away with a third, but I have the whole set now.

My issue is that I want to collect all 16 unique figures, and I have to assume that my local stores are all sold out (pretty sure they are at this point). So that leaves me with S@H and other internet sites.

When you see the review of the series here, the reviewer will point out any extra pieces that come with the figure. Moreover, you can check bricklink (or other websites) - the "set" inventory will include the extra pieces that come with the figures. Also, bricklink is a better place to buy - generally a lot more trustworthy than ebay.

You can also trade with people here. I've done several successful trades here, on bricklink, and on fbtb.net.

They will probably ship it to you. I got two orders from S@H, and I'm sure I could get away with a third, but I have the whole set now.

You can also trade with people here. I've done several successful trades here, on bricklink, and on fbtb.net.

Cool, thanks fred67. I might try trading on this forum and/or bricklink, almost certainly for series 3 and onward when they get rid of the barcodes.

Where is everyone finding these inside of the Target and Wal-Mart stores?? I've checked both numerous times with zero luck. It's getting frustrating.

I'm also wondering this. I've combed the Lego aisle at two different Targets, and I haven't seen them. I haven't tried looking for a shelf label for it though.

When you see the review of the series here, the reviewer will point out any extra pieces that come with the figure. Moreover, you can check bricklink (or other websites) - the "set" inventory will include the extra pieces that come with the figures. Also, bricklink is a better place to buy - generally a lot more trustworthy than ebay.

Hmm. Maybe I'm a little lost, but I'm looking at what I assume to be an inventory page for the Cheerleader from series 1, for example:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=col002

And that isn't listing all the parts. It's showing the body parts and hairpiece, but not the accessories (pom poms in this case). None of the other inventories list the accessories either. (Let alone extra pieces.) Am I mistaken or lost here?

EDIT: Oh I see now. There's another page for the "set". http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8683-1

Edited by Zeya

I'm also wondering this. I've combed the Lego aisle at two different Targets, and I haven't seen them. I haven't tried looking for a shelf label for it though.

At Target stores they're not in the LEGO aisle. They're in the seasonal section with all the Halloween goodies. Can't picture any household that could afford to give these out as trick-or-treat favors, but I suppose at an organized Halloween party they'd be a great party favor (especially since their nature of showing figs in different sorts of "costumes" ties in particularly well with the holiday). Definitely worth checking especially since people in the Halloween aisle won't tend to be looking for LEGO sets, and thus there's still a fair chance that they'll be in stock (even the allegedly higher-demand ones like the Spartan).

At Wal-Marts they tend to be on a vertical "end rack" rather than in a box on a shelf, so they should stand out if your Wal-Mart has them in stock. But I can't really guarantee that Wal-Marts will have them in stock for long-- I got several at Wal-Mart, but this was a store by the Vermont/New Hampshire border which is for all intents and purposes in the middle of nowhere (not close to any major cities or large shopping centers). It's worth the effort to check Wal-Mart, though, because they have them at lower prices than Target and at much lower prices than Toys 'R' Us and Borders.

Thanks for the info Aanchir, I've checked the seasonal section at target and all I find is the world racers and Atlantis pooybag promo type set. I'll have to scour around my walmarts better. Where these end caps in the toy section at least?

Just a quick update, I know how people like additional confirmations. I found the spot for the series 2 at a target a few miles from me but they were sold out. Also $2.99, which surprised me for target to Jack up the price.

I Kris find 16 series 2 figs at one of the 3 walmarts in my area. They were at the end of the LEGO aisle on the dangling clip thing just like others have described. They were marked as $1.87 but rang up as $1.97. I didn't complain. This was today October 6th, so there is still some hope for retail stores.

Just a quick update, I know how people like additional confirmations. I found the spot for the series 2 at a target a few miles from me but they were sold out. Also $2.99, which surprised me for target to Jack up the price.

I Kris find 16 series 2 figs at one of the 3 walmarts in my area. They were at the end of the LEGO aisle on the dangling clip thing just like others have described. They were marked as $1.87 but rang up as $1.97. I didn't complain. This was today October 6th, so there is still some hope for retail stores.

Where in Target was it? The seasonal/halloween area like other people said? Thanks for the confirmations.

Where in Target was it? The seasonal/halloween area like other people said? Thanks for the confirmations.

The Minifigures are in the novelty toys section of the Halloween/seasonal section of Target. Mine only had an empty box though. default_hmpfbad.gif

I found the same thing in the two Targets near my home--both had empty spaces for the Series 2 minifigures, which were priced at $2.99. So, no luck. Ah, well--I got the ones I really wanted.

It was in the seasonal/Halloween section like other have been seeing.

Oddly enough, I now have a total of 48 between the ones I bought at toys r us andnthe ones at target. Not a single vampire. I've gotten everything else though.