Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Some of your suggestions sound very nice Klaus-Dieter!

I'm especially fond of that "arabian knight" idea. However some sound rather redundant, don't they? The city line already has that postman you desire.

The more civilian ideas you had could work, though: a gardener with a (new mold) watering can and flowers, the cat-lady with two (new mold or at least printed) cats, and a little child would be awesome. I'd want to exchange that skipping-rope for a (new mold) bunny/hare and a carrot. A mother like femifig with a (new mold) "babyfig" (NOT those game-microfigs!) and perhaps a stroller would be the bomb!

A very good opportunity to reintroduce this x246.jpg?0 useful net and a (new mold) butterfly perhaps could be a child on the hunt for, well, butterflies or an entomologist looking for that rare species of insect still missing from his collection.

As for histoy based figures: I'd like an updated viking, badly! With an accurate (hornless!) helmet with nose-/faceguard. Or a "Braveheart"-like highland warrior. An additional knight of either a completely new faction or an updated classic-faction would be spruce as well. That medieval damsel could be great also, even more so if she sported that old pointy hat of the classic-times and a changable hairdo.

Can't comment on your wishes for more "western" figures as those are entirely not my glass of beer! :wink:

Space! Perhaps a reworked "Blacktron"-agent as a complementary figure to series 1's updated "classic"-spaceman? Or a bold new concept altogether: Remember those floating big-eyed robots in the movie "The Black Hole"? Something like these could be released in the line, if done right, perhaps... whether they'd count as a "minifigure" is subject to interpretation, though.

The zoo/circus trend needs to be strenghtened: Some generic trapeze/"flying" acrobats would work great in multiples and make for fantastic play-value. Add some colourful ball-parts in and you'd have a juggler, same for some sort of juggling-club.

Sadly the stiffness of a fig's physique doesn't allow for a good measure of contortionism, so a contortionist isn't likely, yet be cool.

I'll leave it at that for now, as most of these ideas would better be off in that "what figs are we missing"-thread. However, these would be some wishes I'd rather have in a wave 4 of collectible minifigs.

btw: Another wall of text. That's me on a boring sunday morning...

Edited by Cutty

Here is a couple of ideas I thought might work for series 4 of the minifigs.

-American Football player include minfig helmet with face mask and football would look good with

series 1 cheerleader

-Las Vegas Showgirl (pg family version) includes elaborate headpiece

-Bheetoven style music conductor with wild hair and baton

-1930's Prohibition gangster with Tommy gun

-Greek philosopher printed toga and laurel comes with a scroll

-Tightrope walker with balance stick

-Diner Chef with printed greasy apron and spatula

-Frankenstein

-Werewolf

-German with the traditional Oktoberfest wear comes with beer stein continues the international series started

with the Mexican

-Jaguar Aztec Warrior with Jaguar headpiece and obsidian sword

-Heavyweight boxer

Edited by danthaman11

Thanks for the link looks like they are already out of stock. :hmpf_bad: Maybe they will get some more later this week.

They are out in the US as of today, check your Local Lego Store!!!!!!!!!! I got there late and still got 3 Spartans...pound the pavement, make the calls and get yours before they are gone!!!!!

Ahh, let me dust off my credit card and begin the search.

And here I thought everybody who came here never let a credit card get dusty to begin with. One learns something new every day!

:wink:

I'll try to hit TRU today.

And here I thought everybody who came here never let a credit card get dusty to begin with.

Amen. It's scary how the money disappears with this hobby...

Well the south shore plaza mall in Braintree, Ma has series two for those living in Ma. But they don't have any spartans left.

LegoGalactus

btw: Another wall of text. That's me on a boring sunday morning...

go to church then...

I just got some at my local TRU (at $3 USD each!), only to find that they didn't have the individual numbers on the second barcode. I ended up paying ten bucks for a ringmaster, traffic cop, and witch. You can't believe my frustration. :angry:

-Santhor

go to church then...

[sarcasm]Yeah right. If you get me a canister of gasoline and a box of matches I might consider doing that. That'd be proper sunday morning entertainment![/sarcasm]

Seriously, what is it with religious people nowadays?

@topic: I'd like to have your thoughts on whether the existing two sets of collectible minifigures could be sorted into some subthemes.

We definitely got the circus-trend with the clown, magician, and ringmaster.

We got sports covered with the cheerleaders, wrestler, surf-dude, weightlifter, karateka and skier.

Then theres the somehow "historic" characters: caveman, ninja, western-gunslinger, hoplite and pharaoh.

Next up the civilians: skater-boy, nurse, archaeologist, life guard-babe, police-officer, female popstar and disco-dude.

Fantasy and sci-fi get robot, zombie, spaceman, forestman, wicked witch and bat-lord.

But where do the other ones fit it? Is the pantomime more of a civilian or a circus member? Or the crash test dummy.

Is such a set of categories even warranted or rather dysfunctional?

Lets hear your thoughts!

I just got some at my local TRU (at $3 USD each!), only to find that they didn't have the individual numbers on the second barcode. I ended up paying ten bucks for a ringmaster, traffic cop, and witch. You can't believe my frustration. :angry:

-Santhor

Didn't have the numbers? No barcode at all??? Santhor, friend, what's up with that??

Didn't have the numbers? No barcode at all??? Santhor, friend, what's up with that??

I have no idea. They had the second barcode, but no numbers! I even had the list all ready for my Spartans, but to no avail. I think TLG is wising up to our "schemes". :look:

-Santhor

I have no idea. They had the second barcode, but no numbers! I even had the list all ready for my Spartans, but to no avail. I think TLG is wising up to our "schemes". :look:

-Santhor

They already had... but it was too late for Series 2. Series 3 will apparently not only be more widely available (meaning a longer production run), but there won't be secondary bar codes at all... NO indication of what's in the packages.

For what it's worth, I envy you your witch... the two figures I want the most are the witch and the vampire.

They had the second barcode, but no numbers! I even had the list all ready for my Spartans, but to no avail.

There never was a number below the second bar code for series 1 and 2. Most people just visually compare the bar codes with a bar code list. There are some smartphone apps that translate them into numbers though.

Series 3 will apparently not only be more widely available (meaning a longer production run), but there won't be secondary bar codes at all... NO indication of what's in the packages.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Even if the Series 3 packets don't have secondary barcodes, I've already figured out a way of identifying which minifig is inside without having to open it, feel it or weigh it.

It will take some organising and possibly involve the cooperation of the good AFOLs of these boards, but I strongly suspect it'll work.

Amps

Edited by AmperZand

There never was a number below the second bar code for series 1 and 2. Most people just visually compare the bar codes with a bar code list. There are some smartphone apps that translate them into numbers though.

Yeah, it's never been about digits for me... just about identifying the visual appearance by eye. Last time around I actually got pretty good at identifying some from memory, such as the Woodsman and Indian. Gotta do your homework, kids!!

Santhor, the second barcode is on the right side and has no numbers. What list are you using that contains numbers? Because no list i've seen has any.

And if all else fails, you need to feel the bags out for the spartan helmets.

Yeah, it's never been about digits for me... just about identifying the visual appearance by eye. Last time around I actually got pretty good at identifying some from memory, such as the Woodsman and Indian. Gotta do your homework, kids!!

I was the same way, I managed to memorise all the figures I wanted and could just pick them out. For the new ones I know the Karate guy and Spartan well since I wanted them the most (I have my dojo now but I still need more for my army!).

Well boys, got back from TRU about an hour ago, and I was in luck. They had one box that had been picked through quite a bit, but I did manage to identify what I think were 12 separate barcodes, and just grabbed every different one I saw, plus one more that I think was a Spartan. It was hard to tell-- I actually resized Grogall's chart down to my phone's background size for reference, but it didn't show up quite right. The barcodes seemed a bit different in their spacing-- if there were three small ones followed by a fat one, they'd all be there, BUT the spacing seemed to be off. I'm not sure if it was my doing with the resizing or not.

I'm about to go down now and go through my plunder. HUZZAHHH!!

EDIT: Three doubles-- the spartan, the karate kid, and the vampire. All not bad, but at $2.99 each I was hoping to get as close of a set as possible. Still in need of the adventurer, the skiier, the witch, the surfer, the popstar, and the pharaoh.

Early on the spartan is the clear favorite, with disco stu or the vampire being a close second. Ringleader is a great fig too.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Well boys, got back from TRU about an hour ago, and I was in luck. They had one box that had been picked through quite a bit, but I did manage to identify what I think were 12 separate barcodes, and just grabbed every different one I saw, plus one more that I think was a Spartan. It was hard to tell-- I actually resized Grogall's chart down to my phone's background size for reference, but it didn't show up quite right. The barcodes seemed a bit different in their spacing-- if there were three small ones followed by a fat one, they'd all be there, BUT the spacing seemed to be off. I'm not sure if it was my doing with the resizing or not.

I'm about to go down now and go through my plunder. HUZZAHHH!!

EDIT: Three doubles-- the spartan, the karate kid, and the vampire. All not bad, but at $2.99 each I was hoping to get as close of a set as possible. Still in need of the adventurer, the skiier, the witch, the surfer, the popstar, and the pharaoh.

Early on the spartan is the clear favorite, with disco stu or the vampire being a close second. Ringleader is a great fig too.

Lucky! I WISH I got two Spartans, and no witch. By the 'ringleader', do you mean the Italian guy (someone make a Pizzaria!) with the whip? Because I got him to. Oh joy. :hmpf_bad:

-Santhor

-Santhor

You don't need to have Barcodes. When I got to my Lego Store late last night everything was scattered. An employee had told me that people had been there earlier with Barcodes and there were three parents hoarding a pile while they were comparing barcodes to get entire sets and non-multiples. I just went over to the box and started fondling the packages...

Spartan is EASY. Long speark with soft point....can't miss it. Only thing close is Pharoah's snake staff, but that does't have a smooth texture and has a Snake head on the end.

Mexican- BIG MEGABLOCKIN SOMBRERRO- Also you an feel the little marracas...although I thought I had 2 mexicans and 2 pop singers, but the Microphones I thought they were turned out to be Marraccas (4 Mexicans)

Surfer - The surfboard is unmistakeable, but at first I was thinking it would be bigger, it's not..just a bit bigger than a skate board in length

Witch- Broom stick end and pointy Hat, fondled several witches.

Skier - Easy again, new skit element, can't mistake it

Karate guy...little gold statue is a DEAD giveaway.

Granted the Barcode Cheat is faster...but not necessary

You don't need to have Barcodes. When I got to my Lego Store late last night everything was scattered. An employee had told me that people had been there earlier with Barcodes and there were three parents hoarding a pile while they were comparing barcodes to get entire sets and non-multiples. I just went over to the box and started fondling the packages...

Spartan is EASY. Long speark with soft point....can't miss it. Only thing close is Pharoah's snake staff, but that does't have a smooth texture and has a Snake head on the end.

Mexican- BIG MEGABLOCKIN SOMBRERRO- Also you an feel the little marracas...although I thought I had 2 mexicans and 2 pop singers, but the Microphones I thought they were turned out to be Marraccas (4 Mexicans)

Surfer - The surfboard is unmistakeable, but at first I was thinking it would be bigger, it's not..just a bit bigger than a skate board in length

Witch- Broom stick end and pointy Hat, fondled several witches.

Skier - Easy again, new skit element, can't mistake it

Karate guy...little gold statue is a DEAD giveaway.

Granted the Barcode Cheat is faster...but not necessary

It would be, yes, but when there's kids and cashiers alike giving you that "look", it's hard to concentrate. Plus, they made the bags so thick I could barely feel through them. I even had to use a car key (I opened them in the car) to poke a hole in them and rip it open.

I felt a pole, but that giant sheet they give you with it kept making me drop the other parts. Turns out it was the witch's broom, or the ringmaster's white whip.

-Santhor"Numb Fingers"

...fondled several witches.

I felt a pole...

Yikes. What have you guys been up to? :grin:

I forgot to say another thing, it looks like TLG has produced these little guys in China, using the 'flat' painting which we saw in the new Kingdoms battlepacks. None of them have back printing either. I thought the intent for the Collectable Minifigs was to have special, high-budget minifigures that deserved their own shelf. I guess they didn't put as much care into these as I expected. Oh well. :hmpf:

-Santhor