Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

2 3 5 7 12 13 15 all look great! I wonder what 13 is supposed to be. :wacko: I hope these all evolve into themes. :thumbup:

2 3 5 7 12 13 15 all look great! I wonder what 13 is supposed to be. :wacko: I hope these all evolve into themes. :thumbup:

13 I think is a rocker dude.

I'm surprised no one's exclaimed NEW MOULDS! Those new hair pieces. The pom poms! A syringe from the nurse! The robot helm. Everything looks great!

So how will they be distributed? If its like trading cards and "go-gos" etcetera I might make an arrangement with my local shop owner friend. If it is through supermarkets I will make an arrangement with my shopping trolly wrangling friend and if it's through Lego stores I shall be most vexed.

If it's through regular means, I might just have to buy a boxload from a cash and carry.

Can I rely on my fellow brickheads here to trade with? I want all of them, this is so suited to my sort of MOCing :thumbup:

4143998411_01a8df2441.jpg

Okay so what do we have here.

We have female doctor with a new tool - a syringe ! - looks good !

There is Robin Hood - cool, my son would want him !

A clown - again he would want him.

A cheerleader ? - another first !

Yeah, a wrestler - sweet and crunch !

A ninja - out of the darkness he comes and goes !

Ye Ha, cowboy !

An indian squaw - long time comming back must say 15 years at least.

Hey, a zombie - Friday the 13th !

They are all great, rebirth of some, totally new on others.

Who ever at Lego thought of this idea is a pure genius !!!!!

Hope these may make their way to Australia or at least be available S@H.

But now does this mean;

We are getting a City Circus ?

We are new Western sets ?

We are getting the return of the 'Forrestmen' ?

We are getting a horror theme ???

What do you think ?

P.S. I forgot him - One Crash Test Dummy, he's related to Patrick Starfish !

I'm pretty sure my summer LEGO budget just went out the window...

At least, if these are released in the US. And it would be murder if they weren't. Now I just have to work out how many I've got to buy to have a reasonable chance of getting all the parts.

Holy cow, a pro-wrestler minifig? All of my wildest dreams have come true. :wub:

I'm in question with many others about what else would be in the bag with them. The figs with their little accessories would just be great by themselves, though. :] Gosh I'm so excited.

:oh:

Those are real minifigs, and not just badges like the link says?

Wow. I would definitely buy at least 25 of these to try and get them all. I really, really, really hope they're not only at Legoland. Please, Lego, distribute them all over...

I'm still in shock at how amazing these are.

Holy moly, I've truly got to catch 'em all! :oh:

But people, please don't assume there's going to be a new theme around each (or any) of these figs, it's so apparent they're meant as one-off collectibles.

PlayMobil has had this sort of sets for decades, it's great to see LEGO finally go the same route. :wink:

Wow! Very nice. :thumbup: Looks like we'll be getting some awesome new themes and minifig accesoires the comming years.

I like every single minifig on that picture, and I hope they will be available in every country. If not, I would make an arrangement to go to the German LEGO shops or something like that. :cry_happy:

Amazing figs! Unfortunately the idea of random parts in every poly bag is not good for countries like mine. I doubt we gonna get those sets at all, but if we get them here, the number will be so small, that no one is going to be able to build most of the figs. I am talking about adults, kids wont have a chance.

Thank you very much for this news, Alywin and the pic, grahamh_100! :classic:

These minifigs really look :wub: :wub: :wub: !

I really would like to get the caveman, some chearleaders, the clown, some cowboys, some Native Americans, the magician and some nurses!

The only thing which disturbs me is that they very supposably will be included in opaque polybags.

And one thing more: Since it's written "Legoland" on all these small pictures I fear that these minifigs will be only available in the Legolands and not in regular toy shops (or at least in Lego Stores). This would really be a shame since I surely am not aible and won't pay one very expensive entry to Legoland only in order to get some minifigs. :sadnew:

So let's hope that they'll be available on regular basis, too!

Btw: Does someone know whether these minifigs will be sold only in the Legolands?

Klaus-Dieter

Btw: Does someone know whether these minifigs will be sold only in the Legolands?

They will not only be sold at Legolands.

Regular toy stores will sell them too. :thumbup:

Wow. These are outstanding. I can't wait to start collecting!

Steve

They will not only be sold at Legolands.

Regular toy stores will sell them too. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this news, Etzel! :classic:

That's great to hear! :thumbup:

So there's now really the time to start collecting a lot of money!

It's even great that TLG releases a lot of new molds only for these minifigures! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

PlayMobil has had this sort of sets for decades, it's great to see LEGO finally go the same route. :wink:

Yeah, these remind me of the PlayMobil "specials" series.

Yeah, you guys are getting confused. It's the batches that we see in that pic which will be exclusive to Legoland, not the actual minifigs. What good would a collectable series of minifigs be if they were only available to people who go to legoland? :hmpf:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Depending on the price, I'll definitely try to grab them all.

Or at least my favorites, if I can just feel the molds in the polybags.

I certainly hope they aren't the sort of "cheap" figs in the Battle Packs and such. =/

What'd be really nice, and smart, is if these weren't identifiable in their packaging, [so, say a cardboard box, like the mask packs for all those who know Bionicle], and maybe even two figs in a box or something like that for like $5USD

And there were "rarer" figs, so collectors would have to buy multiples to get them :grin:

I'm in love with the new hair pieces. Definitely want to grab a nurse, the kid, and a zombie; that suit is amazing. I do hope each of them has a couple accessories or so.

[-TA-]

What good would a collectible series of minifigs be if they were only available to people who go to legoland? :hmpf:

That's what makes them collectible. Make them exclusive to a certain thing at a certain point of time, and makes people want to go back for get them all.

-Omi

Yeah, you guys are getting confused. It's the batches that we see in that pic which will be exclusive to Legoland, not the actual minifigs. What good would a collectible series of minifigs be if they were only available to people who go to legoland? :hmpf:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Oky (and Etzel). What batches do you mean though? Are you saying that the opaque packages with assorted minifig parts will be at Legoland exclusively, and the complete figs will be sold everywhere?

Demand is probably the reason that they would (not that they did) make them exclusive. If they were exclusive, the retails prices and BL prices would be insane.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Oky (and Etzel). What batches do you mean though? Are you saying that the opaque packages with assorted minifig parts will be at Legoland exclusively, and the complete figs will be sold everywhere?

Demand is probably the reason that they would (not that they did) make them exclusive. If they were exclusive, the retails prices and BL prices would be insane.

He means badges not batches :wink:

I think he meant to say "badges". :wink:

EDIT: Beaten by Etzel! But at least I have more to say in my post. :tongue:

Pretty unfortunate how the minifig parts will be random, but it's a really good marketing technique! I also bet that these will be worth a large sum in the future after they are discontinued. :thumbup:

Can't wait for them to come out!

Edited by ILikePi