Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

I'm still hoping that these guys come complete and not as a set of random parts. If this line is going to continue into the future, I would expect nothing less. I can see a number of casual purchasers getting fed up after buying say ten or more of these only to find that they have only completed a single figure (probably the crash test dummy). Having multiple figures is one thing; having a pile of random parts that don't come together to form anything is something else entirely.

I'm still hoping that these guys come complete and not as a set of random parts.

I am very certain, almost 98% sure that these minifigs will come in complete, instead of random parts that can be found inside the pack. It will only be random full complete minifigs, from what I have understand.

True, the picture is computer-made, it isn't a real photo.

I don't think so. Working in computer generated images and renderings, it seem doesn't seem to be one to me.

I don't think so. Working in computer generated images and renderings, it seem doesn't seem to be one to me.

I agree, the photo was probably cleaned and retouched (photoshopped) like the models in fashion magazines, but still they look to me like physical minifigs.

I agree, the photo was probably cleaned and retouched (photoshopped) like the models in fashion magazines, but still they look to me like physical minifigs.

It's VERY good computer graphics, but it's NOT real. No way can they get all the minifig arms to exactly the same angle like that. All the heads pointing perfectly forwards. Both the sets of bows and arrows at a perfect 90 degree angle.

And even if they could, why would they?

A random thought... The pompoms of the cheerleader would make great Tribbles in a Star Trek MOC, were they other colours, or a new type of small plant. Is this a new piece? Crossing my fingers that it reappears someday in green, brown, etc.

Thanks for the new pics :oh:

These are all really very cool!! :wub:

So they will come in random packs?

I hate that! I hope I don't get alot of the ones I don't like/need :grin:

However I also like surprises with LEGO so if I get the good ones then it is ok.

It's VERY good computer graphics, but it's NOT real. No way can they get all the minifig arms to exactly the same angle like that. All the heads pointing perfectly forwards. Both the sets of bows and arrows at a perfect 90 degree angle.

And even if they could, why would they?

I also think it's a render. The minifig arms, particularly the yellow ones, look too glossy and reflective for a photo.

Can somebody leak images of the series 2? The expectation is killing me.

Since figs are basically a bunch of geometric shapes, all they need is a good renderer and a powerful computer which LEGO should really have. I believe that basically all box/canister pics we've seen in the foreseeable past are CGI.

Edited by vexorian

I think the image is computer generated. You can see jagged edges on the minifigs.

Computer-rendered or not, I still like' em! :classic:

I also think that the figs will be complete minifigs and not randomly mixed parts. Lego might get into trouble if many people need to order small pieces online continuously to get a complete minifig.

Imagine small kids being disappointed and crying if they get a 2nd or 3rd part of the same kind and not one they were waiting for. Mothers get upset by that and feel that they and their little ones are somewhat deceived by the images on the box in the store. They will keep calling Lego and complain about missing parts and things not being offered as they expected and that TLG can not expect people to keep buying these bags time after time until they find what they are looking for, etc., etc. You can imagine that this is not something TLG would risk... :hmpf_bad:

For kids, it is also easier to trade and swap complete figs instead of just parts. I think that is what Lego wants, to set up some sort of swapping and trading system between kids and have them gather a complete collection of minifigs by buying these bags and trading off duplicates with their friends in school. This will most likely entice other kids to do the same: buy these bags!

Edited by jamtf

It's not computer-generated, just heavily retouched with a photo-manipulation program. Why would they make a "dull" picture like that with a computer when it takes a much less effort to just photograph it? The picture in the yellow advertisement that showed the figs in all those weird positions was of course computer generated, but in this new picture the figs are just standing there holding the accessories.

Anyway, it doesn't even matter if the picture's real or not. The actual figs you'll get are not virtual in any case. :laugh:

I think the image is computer generated. You can see jagged edges on the minifigs.

Resizing, removing backgrounds and cropping does that to pictures, you know? :tongue:

It's not computer-generated, just heavily retouched with a photo-manipulation program. Why would they make a "dull" picture like that with a computer when it takes a much less effort to just photograph it? The picture in the yellow advertisement that showed the figs in all those weird positions was of course computer generated, but in this new picture the figs are just standing there holding the accessories.

Anyway, it doesn't even matter if the picture's real or not. The actual figs you'll get are not virtual in any case. :laugh:

Resizing, removing backgrounds and cropping does that to pictures, you know? :tongue:

Someone must have been really OCD then to put all the arms at the same exact angle. :wacko: Also touching upon what someone else said, the reflections and

"glossy-ness" of some of the figs don't match up.

I'll agree with you though, this whole conversation about whether or not the image is real is kind of dumb. :tongue: Either way, that's most likely the final versions so they're going to look like that in some capacity.

Edited by posades

Anyway, all that matters in the end is, that, computer-made or not, this is how the figs will look like, and they will be real, and they are great.

I know the argument about whether the figs are real or computer generated is kind of redundant, but assuming you have working binocular vision, try this:

Open a page so you can see both sets of bows and arrows at the same time, going to the highest resolution your computer can allow. Tilt your head to an angle so that the bows are aligned, then cross your eyes so that your left eye is looking at the right-hand figure and your right eye is looking at the left-hand figure.

The result should be a perfect 3D image, which can only be the result of computer imagery. The colours on the figures won't sync, but the bows will.

Thank you and good night. :tongue:

Edit: Okay, it won't be 'perfect', because one bow is further away than the other, but you can see that the angles of the bows are the same to within 0.000 degrees.

Edited by David Thomsen

Does it matter if it's real, photoshopped or 3d rendered?

If it is rendered, it does tell us that we can't reach any conclusions about product quality from that picture. That was how the issue came up in the first place in this thread.

It's not computer-generated, just heavily retouched with a photo-manipulation program. Why would they make a "dull" picture like that with a computer when it takes a much less effort to just photograph it?

I guess it would be much easier to take the 3d version of the figs that you already had and just render the it. Instead of getting the minifigs, making a pro photograph them and then get the retouching team to photoshop them until we get the glossy effect.

BTW, anyone seen the packaging at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmillington/4...in/photostream/ ? Is it me or is that also a render? I am not able to recognize whether the figs will come in bags or thin boxes, I hope they come in boxes else it would be too easy to find out by simple touch what the bag has...

If, they come in a bag, a non see through one, will people be willing to exchange if we have double or triple ??? Otherwise it's going to be expensive if we want them all. Or not even sometimes you want one and you end up buying 10 just to have the one you want... I heard that they should be $2 each... So $32 total. IF you're lucky and have them all on the first attempt !

So i propose exchange when time will come :sceptic:

Edited by angel1802

If, they come in a bag, a non see through one, will people be willing to exchange if we have double or triple ??? Otherwise it's going to be expensive if we want them all. Or not even sometimes you want one and you end up buying 10 just to have the one you want... I heard that they should be $2 each... So $32 total. IF you're lucky and have them all on the first attempt !

So i propose exchange when time will come :sceptic:

I second that motion, though I don't think the blindbagging will be too much of an obstacle; as someone in the other thread specualte, you could always just feel around for the parts unique to your favorite figure! :laugh:

I have to start memorizing the feel of the forestman's cap, shovel, and wrench now! The robot and nurse should be easy enough to recognize...

I bet 10 dollars that these will be the chinese indented figs. My source shall remain a mystery.

I bet 10 dollars that these will be the chinese indented figs. My source shall remain a mystery.

So you're gonna give everybody that read your post ten bucks if they aren't! :sweet: