Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

I may have decried it earlier, but you can feel through the bag quite well. I was in a supermarket looking for figures for my little brother, and could feel and guess with 100% accuracy (maybe it is just my obsessive memory of minifigure parts) and remember, when two figures have the similar feeling parts, eliminate possiblities by checking for their unique features!

If anyone wants to buy the box, I have found a website selling that takes paypal.

I may have decried it earlier, but you can feel through the bag quite well. I was in a supermarket looking for figures for my little brother, and could feel and guess with 100% accuracy (maybe it is just my obsessive memory of minifigure parts) and remember, when two figures have the similar feeling parts, eliminate possiblities by checking for their unique features!

If anyone wants to buy the box, I have found a website selling that takes paypal.

Is it retail priced? If so I'd really appreciate that link, as I've only found two individual figs, before they got sold out.

Sorry if I already posted this, but has anyone else noticed that TLG used the 'flat' plastic in Series 2? Because every time I look at my traffic cop, he just looks so...bland.

-Santhor

I forgot to say another thing, it looks like TLG has produced these little guys in China, using the 'flat' painting which we saw in the new Kingdoms battlepacks. None of them have back printing either. I thought the intent for the Collectable Minifigs was to have special, high-budget minifigures that deserved their own shelf. I guess they didn't put as much care into these as I expected. Oh well. :hmpf:

-Santhor

Yeah, this is common knowledge. Your right, the legs are the cheap flat plastic that is made in China, so are the hands. To me the Torsos look sturdier than the legs and hands..and the heads, accessories seem like regular ABS, and the spear, shield, cape and helmet of the Spartan are all top quality...definatley worth $2 if I could just find some more!

What's flat plastic?

After I read about the barcode trick I've been tempted to shell a few euros on a bunch of these, at least because I like half of the minifigs in Series 2 (contrary to Series 1, of which I liked 2-3 only), but I refuse to buy them at random and I have no interest in collecting, just using these in our MOCs.

I might have missed it--is there a barcode cheat sheet list out for Series 2, like there was for Series 1? That made all the difference last time.

Is it retail priced? If so I'd really appreciate that link, as I've only found two individual figs, before they got sold out.

Here is the site. They are out of stock at the moment, but claim it will be there soon. It cost me £97.49 (ish) tax and shipping included.

Here is the site. They are out of stock at the moment, but claim it will be there soon. It cost me £97.49 (ish) tax and shipping included.

wow thats alot cheaper than buying them individualy! Cheers for the link.

When are your series 2 bigs coming out?!

Edited by squiz

While the Spartan is undeniably great- think the mexican is probably my favourite from this series... especially with a couple of new accessories :wink:

4942470307_1f6669e731_z.jpg

Dead or Alive by smokebelch, on Flickr

Edited by smokebelch

wow thats alot cheaper than buying them individualy! Cheers for the link.

When are your series 2 bigs coming out?!

I am hoping for a launch date of 10th September.

This time around I need am making a little more effort, so all are 100%. Not some duds and some stars like last time. This means building and post-production has to be completed on all 16 prior to the date.

With only 9 left to process I will hit my deadline.

Watch the Forums for a the threads :classic:

I don't know if anyone's pointed out yet that the website for the collectible minifigures has been updated with Series 2. My mistake if it has been pointed out-- I just noticed it for the first time yesterday, and it came as a bit of a surprise.

Evidently the official names of the figs are:

• Explorer
  • Karate Master
  • Lifeguard
  • Maraca Man (probably the strangest of the lot)
  • Mime
  • Traffic Cop
  • Pop Star
  • Pharaoh
  • Ringmaster
  • Skier
  • Spartan Warrior
  • Surfer
  • Vampire
  • Weightlifter
  • Witch
  • Disco Dude

Also, a pretty epic quote from the bios:

The Disco Dude has traveled back in time to relive the days of disco dancing, bell-bottom pants and the very first LEGO Space sets.
Edited by Aanchir

I'm delighted to note the second series has made its way to those same two smaller toy stores here in Tallahassee (I've mentioned them previously in this thread), and I picked up my first seven of the minifigures today (four at one, three at the other). Both stores are selling them for $2.99, alas, but it appears that's the way of things.

My haul: surfer, lifeguard (nice to get two that go together so well), witch, traffic cop, weightlifter, karate champ and explorer. I think the explorer is my favorite of the ones I have, but the two I'm most looking forward to are the maraca player and the Spartan. I very much want them all, though!

I registered here to let you guys know that Legoland California is selling series 2 minifigs for $1.99 each with NO LIMIT. They have them right now and you can even order them over the phone and have them shipped. Call 1-760-918-5497

Has anyone spotted them at TRU in Canada yet? They've popped up at several Walmarts in the area, but they've pretty much disappeared within the week they're put out.

Has anyone spotted them at TRU in Canada yet? They've popped up at several Walmarts in the area, but they've pretty much disappeared within the week they're put out.

As far as I know, Toys R Us doesn't have them. If this is anything like series 1, Toys R Us probably won't get them for a few weeks yet. As for Walmart; be persistent. The figures pop up every now and again but clear shelves really quickly. I've been checking every couple of days. I managed to pick up 20 new figures yesterday so I wouldn't be so quick to give up.

I registered here to let you guys know that Legoland California is selling series 2 minifigs for $1.99 each with NO LIMIT. They have them right now and you can even order them over the phone and have them shipped. Call 1-760-918-5497

Hopefully they'll still be in stock (I'm talking to you Spartans...) next Wednesday when I'm there!

I'm delighted to note the second series has made its way to those same two smaller toy stores here in Tallahassee (I've mentioned them previously in this thread), and I picked up my first seven of the minifigures today (four at one, three at the other). Both stores are selling them for $2.99, alas, but it appears that's the way of things.

My haul: surfer, lifeguard (nice to get two that go together so well), witch, traffic cop, weightlifter, karate champ and explorer. I think the explorer is my favorite of the ones I have, but the two I'm most looking forward to are the maraca player and the Spartan. I very much want them all, though!

If I may be pardoned for quoting myself, I'd like to offer a personal update. I went back to Learning Express yesterday and picked out a vampire, Spartan, maraca player and disco king. Huzzah! I now need only five more to complete the set, though I also want duplicates of everyone (and a lot more than two of some of them).

Interestingly, the Toys 'R' Us here didn't get any on their truck this week, so the earliest they may have them will be Thursday next week when their next truck comes. This means both of the two small indie toy stores I've talked about here have actually gotten a hot new LEGO item before TRU. That doesn't happen too often...

Finally found some series 2 minifigs at my local TRU. 4 per customer limit. Funny, had the manager not showed up I could have bought the 12 I had pulled out of the almost full box plus more. The manager said since I had so many out I could buy a total of 8. Got 2 spartans and 2 witches, but not sure about the rest, waiting for my 8yr old to open them up for me.

Heading back tomorrow looking for girl figures and the vampire with the barcode sheet.

Edited by B.C.

I've just returned from a last minute back-to-school shopping trip to Kingston on thames in greater London U.K.

Bentalls (Big Department store) had a case of series 2 out at a checkout and literally hundreds on pegs behind the till. (And giveaway catalogues featuring the full autumn product range also)

WH Smiths had at least 6 cases on display in the main store, not behind the counter.

No limits, easy to check barcodes - I could have easy scored 50 Spartans. (I didnt - I'm on a budget and just picked up 2 surfers, 1 for a friend.)

Argos had series 1 still on sale at the till's.

I never saw more than 1 case of series 1 anywhere previously - I suspect the supply issues are a thing of the past.

Went to pick out a few in argos today, was using the crib sheet and one of the guys working there asked me what i was doing. He seemed impressed, turns out they have had alot of people trying to return the figures because they didnt get the ones they wanted :laugh: Wanted to trade the opened bag for another one in the hope they got the fig they wanted!

Hopefully they'll still be in stock (I'm talking to you Spartans...) next Wednesday when I'm there!

Legoland is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the offseason (which is now) but I don't think they are going to run out soon.

After a lengthy struggle, I finally found some Series 2 minifigs at Target! I had to go to two stores, since the first store's Guest Services employee was too lazy to get someone to take the boxes out of the stockroom. :hmpf_bad: But my favorite Target went through for me again, as they brought out two new, unopened boxes for me to peruse when I asked them if they had any in stock! I did have to wait for half an hour for them to come to the Guest Services desk, but when they did, I had a fun 20 minutes of searching for the minifigs I wanted. I ended up getting one complete set and three extra Spartans. :sweet:

I still have to find a way to get the Series 1 minifigs, though. I think I'll have to buy them on BrickLink in the future...

Oh, and while searching, I found out that the fastest way to find the minifigs was to flip the box to the back and sift through the barcodes, looking for a pattern that the barcode sheet has. For example, the Spartan has two thin lines then a thick line at the end, so I skimmed through the whole box until I found a Spartan. :laugh:

Edited by ILikePi

I don't know where the link is (it was posted here), but I used a more helpful barcode sheet than those available elsewhere. It's in German with both series on it, there's a mini version and regular size, and the barcodes are grouped by the similarity on the right-hand side. So to get all 16, I just had to find 3 different packets with only thin lines on the RHS, 3 with one thick line, 3 with two thick lines, 3 with three thick lines on the very right and 4 others (four thick lines or three thick lines spaced out). Of course that's for the European codes.

If someone knows which barcode cheat sheet this is, maybe they could repost the link? (I have the documents saved but others might make use of it).

I don't know where the link is (it was posted here), but I used a more helpful barcode sheet than those available elsewhere. It's in German with both series on it, there's a mini version and regular size, and the barcodes are grouped by the similarity on the right-hand side. So to get all 16, I just had to find 3 different packets with only thin lines on the RHS, 3 with one thick line, 3 with two thick lines, 3 with three thick lines on the very right and 4 others (four thick lines or three thick lines spaced out). Of course that's for the European codes.

If someone knows which barcode cheat sheet this is, maybe they could repost the link? (I have the documents saved but others might make use of it).

Barcodes for S1 and S2 Those are the sheet I use and I find them most useful. Think it is those that you are talking about.