Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

No series two minifigs in Hamley's, London. There are boxes full of season one everywhere, priced at £3 each. The prices for lego and most other toys are insane. They have really gone up in price in the last year or so.

You forget that Hamilys is the most overpriced place ever. Don't go there unless you have to.

I suddenly fealt the desire to get the while line. So I think I will.

For those in the US I found Set 1 at clothing retailer Urban Outfitters at 5 bucks a piece.

Edited by skelliesgang

For those in the US I found Set 1 at clothing retailer Urban Outfitters at 5 bucks a piece.

That is so random. :laugh:

But, hey, I guess a place that has them is a place that has them.

How peculiar (about finding them at Urban Outfitters (!)).

Has anyone seen Series 2 anywhere in the US yet? Also, have there been any more reports of seeing Series 1 at Target? I can personally verify that Target does / did have them listed in its system (I took one of my minifigure bags to Target to see if their scanners recognized the UPC symbol), but I haven't seen the figures actually being sold in a Target yet myself.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Found some series 2 figs in my hometown this morning. They had been delivered to the store yesterday and already, some people had picked the box in order to get the best (most desirable) ones out first. Fortunately, I still managed to get a complete set of all 16 figs including the ones I like best. :thumbup:

Five bucks?!?! Geez, and I thought the $2.50 that TRU was charging was gouging the customer.

Well, I guess it's still cheaper than eBay or Bricklink for Series 1 ...

Just for those people living in Germany I was able to pick up a box + 16 individual figs

off series 2 at a local Drug store today so they are available in Germany! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

just to add it here as well!

Edited by grogall

just to add it here as well!

How curious. I drove to Germany last Thursday (August 12) as I expected these series 2 figs to be released in Germany earlier than here (like series 1 was released a couple weeks earlier as well). I did not have any luck since all I found were those typical leftovers from series 1. :sceptic: Only one day later, I located a box of series 2 figs in my hometown by surprise. :sweet: Could have saved on the fuel, oh well... :sadnew:

I've just got hold of almost the entire Series 2 in my local toy store using the barcodes. I say almost, because for some reason, I managed to get two Egyptians and no witch. Wasn't really planning on getting any of those, as they don't appeal to me, but the prospect of getting the whole series became too tempting... so I picked up the four figs from Series 1 that I was missing, too, although I originally didn't care too much for them. And I got hold of one extra nurse and three extra cheerleaders :)

So, my collection is complete thus far - just need to go pick up that witch tomorrow...

And having studied them up close, I have to say that while I did like Series 1, I still find Series 2 way more interesting. Bodes well for future releases!

I've just got hold of almost the entire Series 2 in my local toy store using the barcodes.

AAARRRGGGG!!!! :tongue: You guys who say things like that with no location in your profile drive me CRAZY!!!! *huh*

...with no location in your profile...

Sorry about that. Norway... :wink:

Sorry about that. Norway... :wink:

No sweat! You weren't the first, you won't be the last! :laugh:

Well, there are parts of Norway that are further west than parts of Germany... ghah, being on the westernmost point of Europe blows!

Series 2 is appearing in the wild here in the US. Brickset reports they have been found at TRU in TX and has the US barcodes! May the ridiculousness commence again. How many poor children can we get to cry with this round as we take all the figs before they can get them? ;) Lets hope the distribution really is fixed.

Series two is now in my city, but I'm not saying where because there are still a few I need to pick up (but I have all the karate guys I could get my hands on). I managed to get everything bar the mexican and the ringmaster. I accidentally got an extra Vampire, making it three vampires and an extra traffic cop which I'm not bothered about.

Series 2 is appearing in the wild here in the US. Brickset reports they have been found at TRU in TX and has the US barcodes! May the ridiculousness commence again. How many poor children can we get to cry with this round as we take all the figs before they can get them? ;) Lets hope the distribution really is fixed.

Ahh, let me dust off my credit card and begin the search.

Picked up a load of figs today but failed to get any mimes, policeman or singer! :sadnew:

Thing that annoys me about the minifigs is the fact that the surfer, the pharoh & the hopolite have front & side printing BUT TLG failed to add printing to the rear so the looks odd from the back

Picked up a load of figs today but failed to get any mimes, policeman or singer! :sadnew:

Thing that annoys me about the minifigs is the fact that the surfer, the pharoh & the hopolite have front & side printing BUT TLG failed to add printing to the rear so the looks odd from the back

We've never even seen anything to indicate that TLG can do back printing on legs. So I don't see how this is a disappointment-- it's certainly better than the rubbish swim trunks from the Patrick Star minifigure.

I almost found an entire set today but I think my eyes got mixed up after comparing the barcodes for a bit so I missed the centurion *sighs* and got an extra skier. This is out here in Denver so I imagine most American TRU stores should have them now. Talked with a Lego employee who was also setting stuff up at the store and she said they had come up with a way to prevent people from finding the ones they wanted. I look at the barcode and just laugh to myself. Series 3 is going to be a pain though...:(

Dracula's cape has me befuddled, I need to see how to put that on properly.

Edited by tiggerkiddo

Picked up multiples of all the ones I wanted from a couple of WH Smiths in central London yesterday (19 August). The ones I wanted and got were: the hoplite, vampire, witch, pharaoh and surfer. All were identified using barcodes.

I went to Argos just before going to Smiths and was told they didn't have them yet. But even when they do get them, there'll be a limit of 4 per person. :angry:

Amps

Oops! Forgot to list the 2 judoka/karateka I picked up at Smiths. Baka desu!

Edited by AmperZand

So my partner was anxious to go on a shopping excursion to a neighbouring town today and I used the opportunity to collect some series 2 swag from local toy sellers. First was a department store where I was unlucky, as two out of three hoplites were gone already from the single box standing next to the cash register. So I took the last one and a fine collection of figs including one witch, the surf-dude, one pantomime, the mariachi-dude, the singer-girl, the wicked witch, the bat-lord, a weightlifter and the judoka/karateka. I eagerly opened them as we got to rest at a nearby lake. And what could I say? Very, very cool figures indeed!

Next was a smaller toy shop located next to the city's main plaza. As I got to the (already worked over) box, the two ladies at the counter raised a brow or two as I started checking barcodes with my trusty list, which has already been in my wallet ever since they got online ^^. I went about checking codes for about five minutes before the younger employee took a heart to ask what I was doing. So I explained the trick to these nice ladies (as I did with some department store employees when series 1 came out) and at first they didn't think that would work. However they admitted not to be knowing what the seemingly unused second barcode was used for. Luckily (at least for me, not so much for future customers ^^) the younger caught "fire", so to speak, and wanted to try for herself at the same time telling, they had a single unopened box still in stock. Knowing there only had been two hoplites left in the opened box I was anxious to lay hands at the still "vestal" one. She fetched the glorious hoplite-container and I quickly hunted them down. After the monetary transaction was done, as promised, I fished a random bag out of the ten I got and handed it over so she could check the barcode. According to list it had to be another surfer-dude. Both ladies were still sceptical whether it would work or no. Upon her opening the bag however and gazing at the slender silhouette of a brand new shiny surfboard their expressions changed from scepticism to utter awe!

I allowed them to copy the list in their office for their keeping (and showing their equally uninformed boss ^^).

End of the game was me walking out of the store with an additional ten bags of series 2 goodness. And a big fat grin chiseled into my face ;-)

Swag for the day: 6 hoplites, 3 pantomimes, 3 surfer-dudes, 2 singer-girls, 1 mariachi-dude, 1 wicked witch, 1 bat-lord, 1 life guard-babe, 1 weightlifter and 1 judoka/karateka.

Very lucky me indeed! ^________________________________^ (<- Big grin galore!)

Edit: forgot to erase some bottom-paged notes!

Edited by Cutty

Hmm, no sign in Smyths or Argos here. On the other hand, Smyths always had plenty of Series 1 in stock, as late as Wednesday, and that had all vanished today. It's a long shot, but perhaps they took it down due to a till clash with the new series...? I'll check it out again tomorrow.

Since we now know all minifigures of series 1 and 2 and even some surely for the series 3, which minifigs do you expect for series 4?

Here are my thoughts for possible minifigs of series 4:

-bandit (Western) with black scarf and pistols (=> series 1)

-damsel of the castle (Castle/Kingdoms) with small mirror and/or homer

-female police officer with torch light

-gardener with watering can

-rock star with electric guitar (=> series 2)

-girl with rope

-swimmer with trophy

-postman with shoulder bag and letter

-old woman with cat

-bicycler with blue or grey bicycle

-hot dog seller with sausage and coke

-male dancer (=> series 3)

-surgeon with knife

-gladiator (Romans) with sword and/or net and/or trident

-sheriff (Western) with gun (=> series 1)

-Arabian knight (Castle/Kingdoms) with lance and round buckler

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter