Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Haven't checked the last 10+ pages of this thread, but anyway: On 1000steine.de member inof released an updated .pdf of Series 2's barcodes. These are valid for Europe, as they appear being recorded in Denmark:

Click me!

Thanks.

Are they already available in Germany?

Thanks.

Please please. If so, I would immediately go into town and buy me some, but I guess I have no chance! :sadnew:

It could be an extra piece. :classic:

The nurse came with two syringes.

I was wondering which dudes would have extra bits in them earlier. I figured an extra mic in the Pop Star, an extra maraca in the Mexican and an extra set of binoculars in the Explorer. I't have thought the trophy would be too big to qualify, but here's hoping!

Thanks.

Either that or some people paid a visit to Legoland.

I've been reading several pages of this topic, but I can't seem to find the release date for the second serie in Europe... Must be missing it somehow. Does someone know the date of the top of their head?

Okay, one member at 1000steine.de got 4 figures early at Legoland Billund stating that Series 2's release in Denmark was scheduled for august. At least that's what the local catalogue seems to be telling.

He confirmed the following spares for his figs:

- extra maraca for the mariachi-dude (3 total)

- extra gold-trophy for the martial artist (2!)

And sadly these are NOT early out in Germany. Consider me the first to be thick into the heat of department-store jungles to get my share of hoplites ;-) From what I was told by several stores' employees we'll see them in september. This might just as easily translate to mid-/late-august as well *jitters in anticipation* :classic:

Just got a complete set of the first gen off of ebay, had to buy it from scalpers.

If you don't mind, I'm curious what you paid? I'm going the individual purchasing route, and I curious if I'm paying too much.

If you don't mind, I'm curious what you paid? I'm going the individual purchasing route, and I curious if I'm paying too much.

I saw one set go for less than what it would cost to buy all 16 from a shop individually ! went for £27 while it would cost 32 for the complete set. I havent looked much though, maybe that one was a rare buy!

An extra maraca - a few of those and you could have a really big Mexican band !

An gold trophy - just in case that guy loses his first one - 'Don't drop it, Grasshopper !)

Come series two !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

So let's get this straight:

1. Mariachi guy-- extra maraca

2. Karate champ-- extra trophy!

I can't help but wonder what extras might await with the rest of the figs in the set:

3. Lifeguard-- extra flotation, er, thing? (Wouldn't count on it).

4. Vampire-- an extra bat? (Perhaps)

5. Witch-- extra broomstick (seems like too big of a piece)

6. Disco Dude-- an extra album piece (again, maybe but unlikely)

7. Pharoah-- extra staff (forget it, won't happen)

8. Spartan-- extra spear or shield? (yeah right)

9. Mime-- extra heads (we already know we're getting those)

10. Adventurer-- extra magnifying glass (maybe, big score if we do)

11. PopStar-- extra microphone (very likely, as valuable as the fig itself!)

12. Surfer Dude-- extra surfboard (no way, never happen)

13. Ringleader-- extra whip (hmmm, maybe? prob not)

14. Weightlifter-- extra barbells (hope so!*)

15. Motorcycle Cop-- extra ticket brick or handcuffs (all but a certainty! Prob the cuffs but would love extra tickets)

16. Skier-- extra pole or ski?? (Even if it's just one ski, that's a win-- i.e. buy 2 figs get a whole new set of skis!)

*Personally, I'm hoping for an extra set of barbells. As I've said before, I got an extra caveman and threw a regular City head with the typical sports car hair on him, so now the as-yet-unfinished circus has its own strongman in a leopard-skin get-up. Looks great, but the barbell would be the finishing touch!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

It's usually the 'light' items that are included (feathers, visor, katana in series 1) as extras (weight checks for completeness of packages). A lot of the items you list won't be exactly light. Although I'm surprised about the extra trophy piece as well.

I would say that the Handcuffs will be an extra.

Pop Star, definatly Microphone (the part is small enough that its likely)

Adventurer, maybe extra set of binoculars (they may be just small enough to count)

None of the other figs have parts small enough to be extras IMO.

My guesses would be:

3. Lifeguard-- nothing

4. Vampire-- nothing

5. Witch-- nothing

6. Disco Dude-- nothing

7. Pharoah-- nothing

8. Spartan-- extra helmet plume (assuming it's a separate piece)

9. Mime-- extra heads

10. Adventurer-- nothing

11. PopStar-- extra microphone

12. Surfer Dude-- nothing

13. Ringleader-- nothing

14. Weightlifter-- extra barbells

15. Motorcycle Cop-- nothing (handcuffs were never included as extras in sets that came with them, were they?)

16. Skier-- extra ski pole

At the TRU in California, they had one single box of series 1 that had all the cheerleaders picked out by some nerds with a page of barcodes! That's cheating!

Okay, here's new speculation-fodder for the masses.

User "olli" from 1000steine.de claims to have had a glimpse at a picture of next year's wave 3 of collectible minifigs.

He states to remember here (text is in german) that we do get:

- a gorilla

- a hula-girl

- a native-american chief

- an alien

He says that he does NOT remember the missing 12 figures of wave 3, given that it was apparently a printed picture of lesser quality. Also there is no known access to any of these pics as of now! So DO NOT ask for them. They do not exist as of now.

He did NOT specify as to how individual figures are going to look, what kinds of accessories go along with them or any further details.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in the same post the user states there'll be a wave 4 in the first half of 2011. Also the gorilla-info is found two posts before the one I put the link to above.

Edited by Cutty

- a gorilla

:monkey: Can't wait to see how that one looks.

- a hula-girl

:sweet:

Can't be long before we're going to see pictures.

:monkey: Can't wait to see how that one looks.

Can't be long before we're going to see pictures.

Remember: Up until this point "olli" at 1000steine is only accountable for what he remembers. So anything left on our parts is speculation.

My initial ideas regarding the gorilla go into the:

- new head mold, similar to Spongebob's Sandy, Squidward and Mr. Krabbs heads

- HP's shark head 53389.jpg?0 (perhaps for a guy in a gorilla COSTUME?)

- a headpiece similar to the Atlantis shark-warrior

direction.

I myself would actually prefer a costumed guy as long as the final figure does NOT LOOK costumed. Reasons: possible new head print, possibility to get rid of unused printless heads from the bin.

Edited by Cutty

I want the Gorilla to have a zipper on the back for circus and street performers!

I want the Gorilla to have a zipper on the back for circus and street performers!

If I do say so, I believe it was one of my concepts in the big Minifig Ideas thread. If this keeps up, we'll have a whole circus without ever actually introducing a set!

Surprised they're doing another Indian so quickly, but I'm not complaining... I hope the alien has the small kid legs. And the hula girl sounds like total win. Hope to grab a few to help better populate my Enchanted Island...

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Okay, here's new speculation-fodder for the masses.

User "olli" from 1000steine.de claims to have had a glimpse at a picture of next year's wave 3 of collectible minifigs.

He states to remember here (text is in german) that we do get:

- a gorilla

- a hula-girl

- a native-american chief

- an alien

He says that he does NOT remember the missing 12 figures of wave 3, given that it was apparently a printed picture of lesser quality. Also there is no known access to any of these pics as of now! So DO NOT ask for them. They do not exist as of now.

He did NOT specify as to how individual figures are going to look, what kinds of accessories go along with them or any further details.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in the same post the user states there'll be a wave 4 in the first half of 2011. Also the gorilla-info is found two posts before the one I put the link to above.

Sounds like BS to me, until he can provide a picture, I'll treat his speculation like what it is, a speculation, or cry for attention.

Sounds like BS to me, until he can provide a picture, I'll treat his speculation like what it is, a speculation, or cry for attention.

Unlikely to be BS, as he appears as a forum regular and well respected member of 1000steine's community. He is way above that kind of attention-whoring.

Edited by Cutty

And if I wanted real attention, I would claim to have seen the entire lineup.

And if I wanted real attention, I would claim to have seen the entire lineup.

He did see a bad picture of the whole series, he just forgot the rest :tongue: Indeed, wouldn't make much sense to say he forgot 3/4 of the figs when he really merely wanted attention.