Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Hi!!!! Anyone has any idea where I can get series 1 in Amsterdam??? My girlfriend is going there for the day and she is willing to try and getting them!!!! If anyone know, please help me out. Thanks!!!!! :)

I'm sorry but those 3 points do not make sense. An actor would not were his karate outfit to an award ceremony, that's just ridiculous.

If he's dressed like a karate man, he's a karate man, this is just LEGO.

You are right Big Cam. And on top of that: On his Karate-Outfit he has a logo sitting were traditional embroidery of dojo-emblems usually go. The black belt is always a classic to identify practitioners of japanese martial-arts. And that golden trophy that was mistaken for an "academy award" may as well be ANY sort of trophy a successful martial artist would be awarded with in a great martial-artist competition. Hence, it's undoubtly a Karateka/Judoka... no actor at all...

Apparently the Lego Store manager here was being pessimistic in saying they wouldn't appear early. Or maybe the Lego Stores will be the last retailers to get them. I'm running errands near TRU this morning, so I'll stop and check, but they probably haven't gotten this far east yet.

You're lucky your TRU starts Lego at MSRP. The ones around here start it about 10% over MSRP and never lower it.

Peter

To update my own posting, TRU in Portsmouth NH has the minifigs! The LEGO vendor was stocking the shelves when I got there. The boxes of figures are on the checkout stands. The store personnel didn't mind me going through the box looking at barcodes. They didn't know there's a way to tell what's in the bags, so I told them about the second barcode on each bag.

I'll be un-bagging my figures this afternoon, so if nobody beats me to it, I'll post the US barcodes.

Peter

Here is a cheat sheet for the US barcodes.

UPDATED: See post #1185 for the most recent information.

US Barcodes

Well, most of the US barcodes. My barcode reading isn't the best, because I ended up with two repeats, and missing two figures. :cry_sad: I missed the Indian and the Clown, and got an extra Magician and Wrestler. I'll be back at TRU tomorrow morning to find the Clown and Indian. Once I get them, I'll revise the list.

Peter

Edited by petero

Here is a cheat sheet for the US barcodes.

US Barcodes

Well, most of the US barcodes. My barcode reading isn't the best, because I ended up with two repeats, and missing two figures. :cry_sad: I missed the Indian and the Clown, and got an extra Magician and Wrestler. I'll be back at TRU tomorrow morning to find the Clown and Indian. Once I get them, I'll revise the list.

Peter

Thanks for the list petero. But could you post the list on here or on another website, since your link goes to a spamming website for some reason. :wacko:

Thanks,

LegoGalactus

Thanks for the list petero. But could you post the list on here or on another website, since your link goes to a spamming website for some reason. :wacko:

Thanks,

LegoGalactus

Can you describe what you mean by a "spamming website"? The link is to my local cable / internet provider, Metrocast. I haven't had any spam problems with them over the past 10 years. I have no other online storage.

The image is far too large to post directly here, 3000 x 2250 pixels and 1.2mb. Any smaller, and the barcodes will begin to lose resolution.

Peter

For me series 1 is much better than series 2.

In series 1 I HAD TO get: caveman, clown, indian, forestman and optionally cowboy

I got all series except the robot and the former 3 I got 5 of each.

I series 2 I only HAVE TO get: afro hair and MAYBE Mexican, Roman and Pharao.

The rest are too ordinary and there are too many contemporary ones.

Whaddya think?

Can you describe what you mean by a "spamming website"? The link is to my local cable / internet provider, Metrocast. I haven't had any spam problems with them over the past 10 years. I have no other online storage.

The image is far too large to post directly here, 3000 x 2250 pixels and 1.2mb. Any smaller, and the barcodes will begin to lose resolution.

Peter

Im using a wot blocker and for some reason it classifies it as spam.

Edit: I used another browser and it works perfectly. Thanks for the list. :classic:

LegoGalactus

Edited by LegoGalactus

For me series 1 is much better than series 2.

In series 1 I HAD TO get: caveman, clown, indian, forestman and optionally cowboy

I got all series except the robot and the former 3 I got 5 of each.

I series 2 I only HAVE TO get: afro hair and MAYBE Mexican, Roman and Pharao.

The rest are too ordinary and there are too many contemporary ones.

Whaddya think?

Funny, I think that series 2 has a lot more interesting pieces. :classic:

But, both series are wonderful in my opinion. :thumbup:

Just checked my TRU-- no new minifigs as of Wed. afternoon.

I will say that the guy on Brickset who's been breaking the news says that his store also had the Lego Truck, the Octan Truck, the Passenger Plane and the Airport.

My nearest store has the two trucks (picked up the Lego Truck yesterday myself), but not the airport sets. Perhaps there's a connotation there?? If your store's got the airport, it might also have the fig boxes?? Not sure-- I work close by and plan on swinging through regularly for the next week or so :cry_sad:

I'm sorry but those 3 points do not make sense. An actor would not were his karate outfit to an award ceremony, that's just ridiculous.

If he's dressed like a karate man, he's a karate man, this is just LEGO.

When did someone from Lego come to your house and tell you that? I'll never change my mind! :tongue:

Edited by indianajones

Hey petero, I saw your link for the barcodes, but do you have the UPC product codes?

I'd like to check if my local store has them or not.

Im using a wot blocker and for some reason it classifies it as spam.

Edit: I used another browser and it works perfectly. Thanks for the list. :classic:

LegoGalactus

Glad you got it to work. I figured it was about time I actually contributed something to this great forum :thumbup: Hopefully I'll be able to add the Clown and Indian tomorrow. First thing in the morning will be a better time to paw through the boxes than this evening, with all the kids and parents around.

I'm also going to bring a copy to give to the manager, in case he wants to post it. You never know!

Peter

Hey petero, I saw your link for the barcodes, but do you have the UPC product codes?

I'd like to check if my local store has them or not.

The entire series is listed under one UPC code, the code that's on every package. The number is 6 73419 13047 9. They all ring up with that UPC.

I don't know the individual bag codes, since there's no human-readable text under them, and I don't have a barcode reader. I downloaded an iPhone app to read barcodes, but I've got an older 3G phone, and the camera isn't good enough to photograph them. Guess it's time to get a new one :classic:

Peter

Hey thanks for the US barcodes! Now to see if my local TRU has it, seeing as the official Lego stores doesn't have them yet.

Here's the latest Barcode Cheat Sheet update.

EDIT

I've returned from TRU with the missing figures, and the cheat sheet has been updated with their barcodes. If you've already grabbed the sheet, grab it again from the link above to get the final version.

Happy hunting! :classic:

Peter

Edited by petero

Here's the latest Barcode Cheat Sheet update.

I've decoded the barcodes, and there are two gaps in the sequence, corresponding to my missing Clown and Indian. I've added the barcodes at the top of the list. Since I don't have the figures yet, I don't know which barcode goes with which figure.

Hopefully I'll pick up the missing figures this morning, and do the final update to the cheat sheet.

Peter

Thatnks, I love the high res, they are crystal clear, thanks a bunch!

I picked up a set from my local TRU (here in the states) yesterday. They're terrific! Now I understand why everyone is buzzing about them. I haven't read this entire post, so someone may have mentioned this already, but I can't help to wonder if LEGO might offer a complete set as an exclusive. What do you guys think? Is it more fun to just collect them in the stores? Most will buy more to get a complete set.

When did someone from Lego come to your house and tell you that? I'll never change my mind! :tongue:

Does that mean that when we have the official name for this figure and it relates to Martial Arts you will still insist he's an actor :laugh: ?

Seriously, series 2 looks almost as impressive as series 1. I actually think that the best figures from series 2 look to outdo the best from series 1 although I think that series 1 looks a bit better overall. Personally I like overall colour scheme from series 1 a bit better. Hopefully series 3 will match the quality of the first 2. Still, hopefully these show up in Canada soon as the wait is killing me. I figure we'll probably have to wait a few weeks to catch up with the US.

I can't help to wonder if LEGO might offer a complete set as an exclusive. What do you guys think? Is it more fun to just collect them in the stores? Most will buy more to get a complete set.

That question was asked at the Bricks by the Bay LEGO convention in Norcal when Mads Nipper had a discussion about them (He actually brought a box of 60 that was supposed to destroyed because of the legs was shorter than the other).

Anyway. Mads made it clear that there would be no figure more rare than the other and the whole concept behind this is to go 'hunt' for them at stores and then randomly pick a pack. He also noted thatt there is a limited production run on each series and once they are gone, they're gone. LEGO is planning 2 series per year.

That question was asked at the Bricks by the Bay LEGO convention in Norcal when Mads Nipper had a discussion about them (He actually brought a box of 60 that was supposed to destroyed because of the legs was shorter than the other).

Anyway. Mads made it clear that there would be no figure more rare than the other and the whole concept behind this is to go 'hunt' for them at stores and then randomly pick a pack. He also noted thatt there is a limited production run on each series and once they are gone, they're gone. LEGO is planning 2 series per year.

I wonder how many series total there will be?

LegoGalactus

What do you guys think? Is it more fun to just collect them in the stores?

The "Fun" factor worked just great for me. They've arrived in Greece and while I was randomly picking my first five I was excited (like a kid :grin: ). At least it works just fine when it comes to the very first minifigs you buy (especially when you don't buy TOO many at once) because chances are that you'll probably end up with different ones.

I can't help to wonder if LEGO might offer a complete set as an exclusive. What do you guys think? Is it more fun to just collect them in the stores? Most will buy more to get a complete set.

I think that's what the boxes were for. :tongue:

I'll laugh when they release the S2 names, when they call him an Actor it'll be directed at whoever says it's a ninja or something. But if they say it is, I'll laugh at Lego for making it look nothing like a ninja, except for the belt. They should have done a different hair color/style, though because we already get it from the Vampires...

I'll laugh when they release the S2 names, when they call him an Actor it'll be directed at whoever says it's a ninja or something. But if they say it is, I'll laugh at Lego for making it look nothing like a ninja, except for the belt. They should have done a different hair color/style, though because we already get it from the Vampires...

What in the world are you talking about? :look:

I think that's what the boxes were for. :tongue:

Why would it be a actor? Why would a actor go to a award ceremony in a ''bathrobe''.

LegoGalactus

What in the world are you talking about? :look:

What do you want to know?

Why would it be a actor? Why would a actor go to a award ceremony in a ''bathrobe''.

LegoGalactus

You do know Actors have homes, right?

I have a questions for others:

Why would a ninja have his hair like that with that smile?(Lego got the face right for the ninja that was in series one)

Why would a ninja be holding a statue?

Why would we be getting another ninja?

Edited by indianajones