Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Blackheart Brit, the store employee was wrong.

These are confirmed to be a complete minifigure per pack as a complete matching part fig.

- A nurse will have all pieces, torso, head, hair, accessory, etc.

- A clown will have the head, torso, hair, horn, legs, etc.

The thought that it would be random fig parts per bag was just initial speculation when news of the theme first popped up. :thumbup:

Just to clear things up a bit: According to CopMike's review of the minifigure series, the minifigs will indeed have 100% TLG quality. Just for further reassurance, I have a theory why it wouldn't be China-plastic: TLG said that the "China-plastic" was, indeed made in China, but also was for acessories and other miscelaneous items. Minifigures will be a series, not acessories. Thus proving that these WILL not be China-plastic.

As I said somewere: there are two reviews on LugPol site and both mentioned that quality isn't bad, but you can feel the diffrence in plastic. That's all.

And who's Dawes?

One lucky bastard by the looks of that nurse! :wub:

"Hellooooooooo Nurse!" :grin:

By the way, brickset reports that the bags will have barcodes on them which can tell you what fig is inside, but of course you'll need a scanner to read them.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

One lucky bastard by the looks of that nurse! :wub:

"Hellooooooooo Nurse!" :grin:

By the way, brickset reports that the bags will have barcodes on them which can tell you what fig is inside, but of course you'll need a scanner to read them.

I can actually confirm that. Atleast to some extent. I just checked it, yes I have five bags (including both nurse and skaterboy BTW ;) ), and each bag has two barcodes. The smaller barcode differ on all five bags.

BTW the skaterboy is relativley easy to find anyway. The skateboard i a pretty distinct item that can be felt by fingering on the bag.

I can actually confirm that. Atleast to some extent. I just checked it, yes I have five bags (including both nurse and skaterboy BTW ;) ), and each bag has two barcodes. The smaller barcode differ on all five bags.

BTW the skaterboy is relativley easy to find anyway. The skateboard i a pretty distinct item that can be felt by fingering on the bag.

That's good news. Perhaps we can get photos of the different barcodes up on Eurobricks at some point. They would be really helpful for folks shopping for certain figs. Moreover, completists won't be stuck with 10x skaterboy in as they desperately search for the robot to complete their collections.

That's good news. Perhaps we can get photos of the different barcodes up on Eurobricks at some point. They would be really helpful for folks shopping for certain figs. Moreover, completists won't be stuck with 10x skaterboy in as they desperately search for the robot to complete their collections.

Me, I want all the skaters I can get, that torso will be great for teenagers, young adults etc (heck, I would wear such a thing myself) all over my MOCs. Legs are perfect for a nice pair of denim jeans.

Good to know. It should be possible to build one from Lego with a light sensor. The best thing would be if the old Code Pilot scanner from 8479 worked. :tongue:

32023.jpg

Agreed 100% if the bar codes are what differentiate, we should make a thread and have a bar code database here on EB where everyone could contribute :thumbup::classic:

Probably no big news:

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-minifguren-verzamelen.html

And if you feared you couldn't buy the one you wanted:

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego-minifigs/Pagina-1-90.html (for 3 Euros instead of 2)

Good to know!

Brickshop.nl is already bookmarked on my PC. :grin:

2,95€ instead of 3 is no big deal! :thumbup:

The one luck guy with the nurse and forestman was Xwingyoda by the way.

Brickset reports a sighting of a UK date for the figures. (has this already been mentioned and I missed it?).

Yay. £1.99 seems to be the confirmed sterling price.

Brickset reports a sighting of a UK date for the figures. (has this already been mentioned and I missed it?).

May the 1st is the date. It was mentioned in the UK Sales thread less than a week ago. :wink:

I have decided to delay buying any figures until the barcodes for the figures are posted, and till I find a store where you can examine the barcodes without a shop assistant asking what you're doing. :laugh:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I have heard that a complete case includes 60 figures. And within that case there are 3 complete sets. So 48 figs in the case will be for the sets, and then there will be 12 random minifigs left. All in all, there are definitely 3 of each Minifig in a case.

If you aren't buying a whole case, knowing what bar code is for which fig is good to know. The only problem is, the bar code does not have numbers on the bottom, so unless you have a scanner, it might be hard to differentiate.

If you aren't buying a whole case, knowing what bar code is for which fig is good to know. The only problem is, the bar code does not have numbers on the bottom, so unless you have a scanner, it might be hard to differentiate.
Darn, that sucks. I won't be able to afford a whole case, so it seems I'll have to resort to feeling the parts in the bag. EB member Mariann Asanuma posted on Flickr that you can feel the parts, so it might work. :sweet: Edited by ILikePi

The only problem is, the bar code does not have numbers on the bottom, so unless you have a scanner, it might be hard to differentiate.

You can get barcode scanner apps for Iphones :wink:

The only problem is, the bar code does not have numbers on the bottom, so unless you have a scanner, it might be hard to differentiate.

Fortunatly it's only the last third of the barcode that actually differs. Atleast thats the case on the five bags that I've got in my possesion. So I think it should be relatively easy to keep a closeup pic in your cellphone to compare with.

I have heard that a complete case includes 60 figures. And within that case there are 3 complete sets. So 48 figs in the case will be for the sets, and then there will be 12 random minifigs left. All in all, there are definitely 3 of each Minifig in a case.

I hope the packets are randomly packed in the tray! For example, so far the only known option for purchase in Ireland is via Argos, who are a catalogue retailer (go to shop, write the catalogue number on a slip, go to counter, receive goods from the L-space rear of shop). So if you for example order 3 of these, then if the minifigs are not sufficiently randomised in the tray, you'll probably end up with duplicates as the worker in stores will likely just pick 3 adjacent ones from the tray.

Of course if they *are* randomly packed, then Argos will be better than a regular store, as you won't be competing with either people who are reading barcodes or testing packages.

Oh ho ho ho - looks like my local Argos are going to be seeing a whole lot more of me :devil:

£1.99 is a fantastic price - pretty soon I'm gonna be up to my neck in these things :grin:

Here is a collection of the barcodes. However, these are only valid for bags sold in Eastern and Central Europe. USA and UK seem to have different barcodes, unfortunately.