Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Wow these waves are awesome, I want to get that soldier, mexican, getting skis could be useful too. I just hope I don't have to spend all my money to find one.

All these figs look awesome, I don't even collect other themes too much besides star wars and action themes, but looking at these I want them ALL! Is that a mime in the background, I can see a black beret but he is well concealed behind Pam Anderson. Vampire looks awesome too, I need a new vampire cape ever since my old one fell apart, and Mexican parka :wub: flip it inside out and you have qui-gon-jinn on tatoonie.

First off, it's not a Roman soldier. The helm is Corinthian design, ie. a Greek design, not that of a legionary. Furthermore, that's not the Roman pilum nor the shield a scutum.

I like the design of the new skis. What appears to be a beret-wearing mini-figure might be a mime or possibly a stereotypical "artist". Also looks like the ringleader of a circus at the rear of the image.

Edited by prof1515

Wow nice, I'm really loving some of the new accessories with these figs. Sombrero :wub:.

The Greek is pretty nice too, some rivalry for Brickforge and the like.

Amazing second wave!

The Mexican looks fantastic, as does the Greek hoplite. The number of new molds being used in this line is astounding. I just hope that QC is up to snuff. I can't wait to see better photos of the matador, lifegaurd and the circus master. That being said, does anybody know what the other six figs will be?

New pics

lego32.JPG

From left to right the minifigures i can figure out are-80's guy,PopStar,Weight Lifter,Vampire,Greek Soldier,Maraca player,Skier,Life Guard,Mime,and a Lion Tamer

The fact that TLG is making so many new moulds for these sets suggests that they will be produced in VERY large quantities (so as to spread the costs of the moulds out over as many copies as possible)

True, although they may eventually reuse some of the molds within the collectible minifigure series... For instance, clown's hair and afro hair look like the same part. Personally, I think it's a shame if they restrict the new accessories and prints to collectible minigures, regular themes would benefit so much from a little more variety! Perhaps over time TLG will change their mind, after all there's no written promise anywhere that they can't do it.

From left to right the minifigures i can figure out are-80's guy,PopStar,Weight Lifter,Vampire,Greek Soldier,Maraca player,Skier,Life Guard,Mime,and a Lion Tamer

Mime? How can you tell?

Compliling all the previous posts, we have:

- 70s like guy with black curly hair

- singer (F)

- weightlifter

- vampire

- Ancient Greek soldier

- Mexican with Sombrero

- skier

- Baywatch life-guard (F)

- mime??

- ringmaster

And those we haven't seen yet:

- judo fighter (with a great detail: a mini-trophy that looks like a mini-figure)

- witch (F)

- Pharao

- surfer

- thief

That makes 15, almost all are accounted for!

However a very low ratio of feminine (F) minifigs so far :sad:

Edited by space6901

@ Lordofdragonss: You mean vampire with original studio vampire black cape. :wink:

Hooray for pics, Boo for exclusive pieces only made printed for these sets and some figs more exclusive than others.

I understand TLC want to make money, but is it not a bit stupid for them to say: We will never made other sets with these pieces/figs?

I understand TLC want to make money, but is it not a bit stupid for them to say: We will never made other sets with these pieces/figs?

Yeah, I understand this increases collectability (is that a word?) but IMHO they're shooting themselves in the foot. Will they have to create new slightly different molds if they ever want to bring back say the cheerleader pom-poms in the future? Anyway, is it truly confirmed that the accessories won't ever be brought back?

A sombrero and Mexican figure... :cry_happy: I can't believe it!

(runs away to begin dusting off the Mexican Village singing La Cucaracha)

mexicanvillage4x128.jpg

@ Lordofdragonss: You mean vampire with original studio vampire black cape. :wink:

Hooray for pics, Boo for exclusive pieces only made printed for these sets and some figs more exclusive than others.

Maybe they're just saying that to make all us AFOLs buy them in bulk and boost profits, and then release the molds into other lines after everyone has forgotten about the series. :tongue:

Both series look great; I'm only interested in a few from each line though so I may end up doing the same as other people (buy a box, resell the ones I don't want). So a box contains 60 figs with a price of $2.99US correct? As long as I break even I'll be happy. :laugh:

Well, now I can officially wave good bye to all my cash and savings. :wacko:

Series 2 looks fantastic!

A sombrero and Mexican figure... :cry_happy: I can't believe it!

(runs away to begin dusting off the Mexican Village singing La Cucaracha)

:laugh:

These look even better than the first wave! My favorite so far would have to be the Vampire, for several reasons. The cape is nice, for one, but more importantly, while I was hoping for the old pointy vampire hair, this black Dooku hair is much better. :thumbup: I've been waiting for one of these since I tried to make a Jin figure from LOST...

hmmm... if each box contains 60 figs, is the equally spread? or is there guarantee that one can receive at least one of each fig? cuz I might just save up a load of money and go out and buy an entire box of 60....

A few people hit it on the head with the demand for the Greek Hoplite. I hope lego understands which figs are going to be in the most demand.

Basically any fig you would want multiples of are going to get more valuable. However, going to the extreme some people will want to build armies of hundreds of figs. Those minifigs will be the most expensive by far and will drive the cost down of all of the other figures.

The way I see it and this is in no way describing everyones tastes. This has been my experience with the lego community in general.

These figs most people will want only one or a few of:

Release 1:

Crash Test Dummy

Scuba Diver

Magician

Nurse

Skateboarder

Wrestler

Release 2:

70's guy

Singer

Weightlifter

Vampire

Skier

Lifeguard

Ringmaster

Witch

Pharoah

Surfer

Mime?

These figs some people may want small groups of 5 - 20 lets say.

Release 1:

Cheerleader

Clown

Adventurer

Indian

Ninja

Robot

Release 2:

Mexican

Judo Fighter

Thief

Figs that some collectors will gather over 20 figs up into the many hundreds:

Release 1:

Forestman

Spaceman

Zombies

Release 2:

Greek Hoplite

Of all of these figs the only one that not only may be collected in very high numbers but also has never had anything like it released before is the Greek Hoplite. I truly believe this is going to be the most sought after figure of the entire collection and its price on bricklink will start out atleast triple its original cost. I just hope TLG will recognize these factors and put more of the figs people will want multiples of in the box. I can guarantee that any fig people will make armies of will not be difficult to sell and or trade at a moments notice.

I will not be surprised if people are stuck with many multiples of those figs in the lower demand group. If you only want those figs I would suggest waiting and grabbing them on bricklink cuz they might be cheap and atleast you know what you are going to get.

Edited by DaleDVM

I'm just wondering about the availability of the new Minifigs (wave 1 & 2). Will they be released like regular LEGO sets and be available wherever regular sets are sold or are they gonna be exclusive to LEGO stores? Also, will they be released in North America, specifically Canada?

Of all of these figs the only one that not only may be collected in very high numbers but also has never had anything like it released before is the Greek Hoplite. I truly believe this is going to be the most sought after figure of the entire collection and its price on bricklink will start out atleast triple its original cost. I just hope TLG will recognize these factors and put more of the figs people will want multiples of in the box. I can guarantee that any fig people will make armies of will not be difficult to sell and or trade at a moments notice.

Good analysis! It will be very interesting to see if the rarity factor will help or hinder army builders. Will the army-building minifigs be easier or harder to find than the average? If for instance the Greek Hoplite were also harder to find than the other minifigs, it would reach unbelievable Bricklink prices. :cry_sad:

Can someone tell me where these pictures of series 2 were taken? Thanks

I believe they were taken at the Nuremberg Toy Fair.

Edited by space6901

Also, will they be released in North America, specifically Canada?

I don't know how they'll be released to stores, but I think it's safe to assume that they'll be released here in Canada, considering they had them on display at the Canadian Toy and Hobby Fair last weekend. :wink: