Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Absolutely wonderful.

Looks like TLC will be squeezing even more money out of me next year. And I love it! :wub:

These look great!

If they really will be sold in opaque bags with random parts i guess there will be a lot of these on bricklink, and maybe we could even start a Collectible-minifures-tradepost webside :tongue:

Wait, has it been confirmed that it's just random parts from some of the 16 in each bag?

All I've seen is one user just say it could be.

To me, that sounds like a really silly marketing move.

[-TA-]

He means badges not batches :wink:
I think he meant to say "badges". :wink:

EDIT: Beaten by Etzel! But at least I have more to say in my post. :tongue:

Oh, thanks you two. Yeah, I could care less about the badges. :tongue:

Wait, has it been confirmed that it's just random parts from some of the 16 in each bag?

[-TA-]

A few members have "confirmed" this, including Etzel, who is a pretty reliable source.

Why do you think it is silly? sounds smart to me- create all these awesome new molds and prints, but make them hard to collect, so that people like us buy them by the hundreds in attempt to get them all. Sounds pretty smart to me.

Wow I'm confused :wacko:

Could someone maybe post the news in the first post?

Because all I'm making out of the past 7 or so pages is the are collectable badges?

[-TA-]

A few members have "confirmed" this, including Etzel, who is a pretty reliable source.

Why do you think it is silly? sounds smart to me- create all these awesome new molds and prints, but make them hard to collect, so that people like us buy them by the hundreds in attempt to get them all. Sounds pretty smart to me.

Well, I haven't confirmed that part actually :blush: And I can't do it because I don't know about that. But I think Lordofdragonss is a pretty reliable source too so I guess that's the way it is.

Wow I'm confused :wacko:

Could someone maybe post the news in the first post?

Because all I'm making out of the past 7 or so pages is the are collectable badges?

This is the info Mirandir wrote on his blog:

"In June 2010, Lego will launch a new collectors series with only minifigs. The figures will be of various types, but is reportedly not being those from current themes. They could be anything from cowboys to ninjas or adventurers, etc. The first wave will appear in stores in June, reportedly contain 16 different characters. These will then be replaced by 16 other figures in August.

"Figures will be sold in opaque polybags, so it is chance that determines which figure you get. This is the same approach as in the example trading cards. The bag with the figure will cost 25 SEK. May seem much given to impulse setter costs only 5 SEK more and then there is also the accessories. But I suspect that the high price is because the characters will be unique to this collector series and that they will only be produced in two months (at least the first wave)."

+ that we have the information Lordofdragonss provided us that the minifig parts will be mixed in the bags so you don't get e.g. a whole caveman fig at once.

Great stuff! The zombie and luchadore(SP?) are my favs thus far. The magician looks cool and I can see folks getting really into the new forestman.

Well, I haven't confirmed that part actually :blush: And I can't do it because I don't know about that. But I think Lordofdragonss is a pretty reliable source too so I guess that's the way it is.

Whoops, sorry about that. But it does sound like these claims are true.

In case anyone was wondering, 25 SEK (Swedish currency) is about 3.58 USD. It may seem a little steep, but if you think about the new prints and molds, it's worth it. Plus, you're spending a lot less then if were getting a set from another theme just for the figs.

"In June 2010, Lego will launch a new collectors series with only minifigs. The figures will be of various types, but is reportedly not being those from current themes. They could be anything from cowboys to ninjas or adventurers, etc. The first wave will appear in stores in June, reportedly contain 16 different characters. These will then be replaced by 16 other figures in August.

"Figures will be sold in opaque polybags, so it is chance that determines which figure you get. This is the same approach as in the example trading cards. The bag with the figure will cost 25 SEK. May seem much given to impulse setter costs only 5 SEK more and then there is also the accessories. But I suspect that the high price is because the characters will be unique to this collector series and that they will only be produced in two months (at least the first wave)."

This seems reasonable to me. I see 7 new molds, reviving two molds, re-coloring 4 existing molds, as well as all of them having new heads and torsos. :oh:

I'd imagine that that would cost a good amount of money, considering there are going to do it again a few months.

The question is, will these be available in retail stores? I'm worried they won't, because these things could be easily stolen. :sceptic:

Whoops, sorry about that. But it does sound like these claims are true.

In case anyone was wondering, 25 SEK (Swedish currency) is about 3.58 USD. It may seem a little steep, but if you think about the new prints and molds, it's worth it. Plus, you're spending a lot less then if were getting a set from another theme just for the figs.

The US price will probably be less than that. $2.5-$3 is more likely. (LEGO is cheaper in the states than here considering the taxes and all)

So how will they be distributed? If its like trading cards and "go-gos" etcetera I might make an arrangement with my local shop owner friend. If it is through supermarkets I will make an arrangement with my shopping trolly wrangling friend and if it's through Lego stores I shall be most vexed.

If it's through regular means, I might just have to buy a boxload from a cash and carry.

Can I rely on my fellow brickheads here to trade with? I want all of them, this is so suited to my sort of MOCing :thumbup:

You can probably count on me when the time comes :thumbup:

Either that or I infiltrate a school and pose as a schoolkid to try and do some bartering.

Though there could be some very severe implications if my cover gets blown!

Can't wait til these come out.

Will/Rocketbilly

Thanks but I can't read any of it :sceptic:

I understand that. That's why I posted an translation under that sentence :wink:

The bag with the figure will cost 25 SEK. May seem much given to impulse setter costs only 5 SEK more and then there is also the accessories.

What does 25 SEK equal to in USD?

That's what makes them collectible. Make them exclusive to a certain thing at a certain point of time, and makes people want to go back for get them all.

Sorry, I meant "collectable", which is a completely different thing. It means that you are supposed to keep collecting them, and that would be pretty much impossible for people who go to legoland because most people only go there about once a year.

The US price will probably be less than that. $2.5-$3 is more likely. (LEGO is cheaper in the states than here considering the taxes and all)

That sounds about right, considering that Ras said that they would 2.5 Euros, and US prices are usually numerically equal to Euro prices.

And yes, I did mean "badges". :blush:

I understand that. That's why I posted an translation under that sentence :wink:

Oh :look:

My bad aha thanks! Man, now I'm excited! :cry_happy:

So is it still unclear if it will come to normal retailers like eg target?

These are A1. The Lego Company did a really good job on this one :thumbup:

The Indy guy is the best :wub:

Curse you Lego! How dare you tickle my collectoring bug!!!

Hahaha!

This is awesome. I can't wait for these to come out. A few thoughts:

-Will be systematic or random distribution (pack #3 contains XYZ or just complete randomness).

-How many of the new molds will make it into the themes.

-How many (if any) of these minifigs are indicative of new themes.

Hopefully I can just buy a sealed case of these, match the parts up and sell/trade the whole minifigs I don't want.

These figs look Fantastic!!! :cry_happy::wub:

I can't choose which one I like best :laugh::wub:

I hopefully will get these, will they be in a single set or individually sold?

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

jawdrop1236883259.jpg

Those are AMAZING! The zombie is a must-have, and so is the gunslinger! :wub: The hair on the rocker-guy-thing, though, looks like a rip-off of the BrickForge Hero Hair... :sceptic:

-How many of the new molds will make it into the themes.
Hair, in particular, will more than likely be in some sets.
-How many (if any) of these minifigs are indicative of new themes.
Nothing here is indicative of a new theme. These are limited edition, and only available to buy from Lego in this 'exclusive' offer.
Hopefully I can just buy a sealed case of these, match the parts up and sell/trade the whole minifigs I don't want.
If this option is possible, it would make things a lot easier.

Unless TLG only wants people to collect 3 or 4 of the 16 and has the appropriate restrictions , they better expect people to buy the bags a pallet a time, in hopes to be able to get all of them and offload the extra through bricklink.

That having been said, they are really expensive, so maybe TLG hopes that will be a prohibiting factor. It won't dent an AFOL's budget, especially for a year as dry as 2010. But it may discourage younger FOLs whose budgets aren't nearly as great.

If TLG lengthened the duration of each wave (or reduced the amount of minifigs per), they could milk us all for a whole year and have a guaranted steady stream of revenue the entire time.

I personally don't see anything immoral about the idea, if executed properly. I wouldn't like it if they excluded NA, but it's a great way to put out collectibles. Like I said, if they distributed these incorrectly, they better expect people to buy up whole pallets. And then it wouldn't be fair to those who don't have as much spending money in the short period of time they're slated to be out. But if done right (for example, like a toy that comes with children's fast food meals), it's very good promotion for Universe and for Lego in general.