Sign in to follow this  
LegoBMW

New Lego train track

Here is a pic I found on brickshelf with the old and new Lego train track connected together.

Looks like the color is the blue/gray. :(

new_and_old_tracks.jpg

I dislike bley.

LegoBMW

well, its neat too finally see what the new track is like, although I'm disappointed with the bley, that really sucks

I wish they'd kept the power line on the rails. But nooo they HAD to discontinue that :|

Other than that I think the colour is ok. - sooner or later we'll have to accept these "new" shades of grey.

Resistance is futile ;)

KimT

so we cant use a motor on these? :'(

Sure You can - if it runs on batteries ;)

KimT

i mean th 9v motor i paid $41 dollars for it

i mean th 9v motor i paid $41 dollars for it

well that would be an obvious "NO!"

KimT

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa good thing i still got metal tracks

lucky I never have railway system in my life..

otherwise.. I will get more headaches for my lovely LEGOs

I wish they'd kept the power line on the rails. But nooo they HAD to discontinue that :|

Other than that I think the colour is ok. - sooner or later we'll have to accept these "new" shades of grey.

Resistance is futile ;)

KimT

if your really desperate for track Kimt, I can get my hands on lots of straight and curved, even some cross sections

Resistance is futile ;)

KimT

if your really desperate for track Kimt, I can get my hands on lots of straight and curved, even some cross sections

Nah! I'll just go back to my good ol' blue rails :oD Anyways I know that BL has mountains of rails for sale and since they still have plenty of the blue ones - my guess is they'll have the soon to be old grey power rails for wuite some time in the future. NO FEAR!

KimT

Heh, now the train fanboys finally feel the pain thw SW fanboys felt a couple of years ago :P

What was that? Bley, fleshies, or something else.

Honestly, alot of the changes LEGO has been making sure do upset us in the AFOL community. This is going to be devastating for Train collectors. Still, I wouldn't wish these changes on my worst AFOL enemy!

Later.

Electric track is still available through SAH (at least in the US). It comes in the old gey color. I've got a pretty good stock, but I may order just in case. I don't trust Lego anymore. I've got a Harry Potter Express that came with the new Bley. The color is just bad compared to the old color. OK, don't get me started!

In any case, I would recommend stocking up on the electric track. The new battery train can run fine on the old track, so if I'd have to choose, I'd pick the old track- that way it works with both motors.

i'm a bit surprised that the lego catalog doesn't mention the change in colors at all, which seems to suggest that they still have a huge stock to last until the end of the year. or perhaps it's because hardly no one buys these sets, only true train fans do...

We've beat the color issue up in a number of forums/on different sites, but you're probably right. Anyone that doesn't collect trains would probably not have an issue with the change. It's unfortunate though for those of us that have moderate amounts of train track that we want to expand. It's not that I dislike the color, it just doesn't match existing track. I don't even bother adding or even using my HP track with regular grey track.

I'll never understand a logical reason why Lego changed color.

Now we have another track type to deal with. I don't plan to collect a single piece of the new track and I've got a pretty good collection of trains and train buildings.

I saw the new train system a week ago. Live. Prototypish.

Well it was the new controlsystem build on an old train!

And...... For kids it will be great. I think.

A remote control with sound (train sound of cause ;) )

And the "base" for the train.

Pros:

1. Remote control. Controls 3 trains on seperate frequens!!

2. Light on the train is even at any speed.

3. The "modules" are seperated!

4. The wheels on the "motor" can be replaced!! Technich pin!

5. Rails are the same (without metal)

Cons:

1. Batteries

2. Power. I think it will have problems with a large amount of wagons.

3. New system.

Hi all, im new to the forums and im a great fan of both city and train themes.

I see some major benefits to the plastic rails, im building a town in my back garden and im planning to put in a rail system. I live in Singapore and so any of the old rails that i put out in the garden get badly damaged by tropical rain showers ( the connections between the rails gets all correded) but the plastic rails solve this problem. There is also one other benefit, with no metal parts i expect these rails will be cheaper than the old ones meaning bigger layout :oD

Welcome CMR. I hope to see pictures of your layout when you complete it. I thought about doing something similar with an LGB train several years ago (always wanted a garden railroad). Sounds like a great project.