Sign in to follow this  
Deinonychus

Cthalgakah - Devious Dark Hunter

Sorry folks, no line art from this one, this MOC is pure Deino and was cobbled together from an assortment of spare parts and unassembled sets I had all mixed together. This would have probably turned out way differently had I cracked into a couple other sets or canistes for parts, but I wanted to stay within what was at hand.

So I give you Cthalgakah, who seems to be some sort of arboreal Rahi that you'd find in the chutes of Le-Metru or picking it's way through the trees of Le-Wahi.

DHC2.jpg

His huge forearms aid him in climbing and swinging, and his legs are built to push off from branches or chutes to get long distance jumps. He can even use the hooks attached to the backs of his forearms to hang from high perches.

DHC3.jpg

When on flat ground, he walks sort of like a gorilla on the points of the forearm claws.

DHC4.jpg

But in reality, Cthalgakah is a Dark Hunter who often uses his "Rahi Act" to sneak up on usnsuspecting prey, before violently dismembering them.

DHC5.jpg

Cthalgakah is a sadistic brute and murderer. He enjoys torturing his victims and picking pieces off of them one by one until their voices fail from too much screaming. He enjoys giving the "Gifts of pain and terror" to those who fall within his clutches, and even his fellow Dark Hunters steer clear of him just in case he gets bored and decides to...share with one of them. He also likes to perpetuate a rumor that he was once a Toa until his penchant for violence caused him to be cast out. There is absolutley no truth to this, but many seem to believe it.

DHC6.jpg

I was kind of limited by the pieces at hand, like I said, but all things considered I'm pleased with how he turned out. I felt that just making a large Titan-like figure would be boring so I fiddled around with the joints some to give him his Rahi mode and add a little more depth to him. His head may look a little plain compared to the rest of his body, but I actually like how it gives him a sort of "bald brute" look and sort of adds to the sinister air I was going for. nuts.GIF

I'm not that much into bionicles, but I must admit that this is a really a cool looking moc. My fav part is the head, but I alos like the fact you used tubes in the back. Makes it look like some robot *satis*

I'm not into Bionicle either, but I have to say this is a beautiful piece of work. The color scheme, and especially the biological reasons for his design are what attract me to it. That being said, I think walking on the tips of his claws isn't that biologically sensible, maybe design another way for him to walk?

Awesome MOC though

Add tentacles and you have got something that might have sprung from Lovecraft's Cthulhu-mythos.

Being a serious disliker (is that an actual word?) of Bionicle I see and respect the creativity in that moc.

Good work!

I don't see any pics. Anyone else have the same problem or is IE acting weird again?

That's probably just the site the images are hosted from...it has chronic and frequent server outage issues :P

And Cutty, you hit the nail on the head with the Cthulhu observation, and part of the reason he's called Cthalgakah. When I looked at the claws sticking out of his "mouth" it sort of put me in mind of images I've seen of Cthulhu with the tentacles in that area, so I figured I'd give him a sort of homage name like Cthalgakah...then it was just a matter of giving him a nasty personality and there you have it. nuts.GIF

I don't see any pics. Anyone else have the same problem or is IE acting weird again?

That's probably just the site the images are hosted from...it has chronic and frequent server outage issues :P

Why don't you just use Brickshelf then?

Why don't you just use Brickshelf then?

Be...cause...

I just now set up an account? :P

If the pics wont load try this link here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=163397