jeffjcc

REVIEW: 7207 Fire Boat

INDEXED

OK everyone... Sorry for the first botched review/posting/fickr links.

This is my first time posting pics and a review, and I was just so excited to bring y'all these first images!!!

SO... for the SECOND time around... Here's my review of the new 2010 Fire Boat 7207.

NAME: Fire Boat

THEME: Lego City

YEAR: 2010

PIECE COUNT: 306

MINFIGS: 4

PRICE: $49.99 (USA)

Here's the front of the box. I'm excited to see 4 minfigs!

4119186176_baedc5c2d2_o.jpg

Next is the back box art. We have one firefighter yelling "HEY"

"HEY" your boat is on fire?

"HEY" I'm gonna hose you down???

4118416499_86ea74957a_o.jpg

Next we have the contents of the box, with bag one emptied and minfigs built. Also see the dreaded sticker sheet :hmpf_bad:

4119186156_9863ce81e4_o.jpg

Here's a pic of the hull. The same hull from the coast guard line, but red. Nothing too exciting here.

4118416613_6947a198b9_o.jpg

Here's a teaser... a random instruction page. Look and build, not set out like other instructions.

4118416599_afebe346c1_o.jpg

Woo hoo! Here's the small boat. There is a small blue technic piece that the switch attatches too for steering. Pretty neat that it can swivel around!

4118416533_4d97118dfe_o.jpg

After some building, this is what it looks like after bag 1. A nifty little control room with water cups for all! Also some fairly large pieces (2x10 red bricks)

4118416525_61cdb28c92_o.jpg

Also in the back there is a place to hang the tank, just in case these fire peeps have to actually get on to a burning boat

4119186254_e100f37140_o.jpg

A bed in the front cabin, and a better look inside the control room. Seriously they must be thirsty!

4118416653_e9fccc0477_o.jpg

more building

4119186428_70736cb410_o.jpg

And now... the wheelhouse! The door is a nice little arch, usually we see this piece on cars as a fender!

4119186404_ca7087ab81_o.jpg

4119186376_58e4d13122_o.jpg

4119186344_fdd94e5812_o.jpg

Next we have the fire jets

411841...448c8d3f8_o.jpg

And another piece which is used several times in the boat, once for a water jet, and another time for the hydrolics on the lift

4118416849_9e83598649_o.jpg

4119186506_3c18d7f9fb_o.jpg

And now.... the moment we've all been waiting for.... the final product...

4118416823_b9f70ac4cf_o.jpg

4119186448_6e88815369_o.jpg

the lift

4119186562_6fe7e9346d_o.jpg

another angle

4119186472_0826f3e532_o.jpg

Hose'em down!

4119186574_cc689a7df1_o.jpg

Zzzzzzz..... nap time

4119186676_24ce7df3d8_o.jpg

The complete set

4119186646_b325dc4a80_o.jpg

My thoughts:

I don't know exactly what I was expecting here. But the boat is almost a repeat of the coast guard 7739. There also seemed to be a lot of large pieces. I do really like the boom on the back! It twirls around quite nicely and can reach high places! Overall I think this set is fun, and a good addition to your lego city port.

Summary

Playability: 7/10 (as much as you can push a ship around)

Design 5/10 (same style as coast guard 7739)

Price 6/10 (kinda pricey for such large pieces, but... 4 minfigs!)

Overall 7/10

Edited by TheBrickster

Just checked out the photos on flickr, they are great ! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review ! :thumbup:

Ah well, another hundred dollars gone next year, as I must get this ship to go with the Coast Guard one.

Although I must say must of this has all ready being done on that said ship, except this one's red and it appears to have a command/commucations room.

Compered to the old ship of a few years ago, this is a ship while the other was just a large boat. But at least as Lego brings out fire fighting machines which are getting more realistic and bigger than the previous every few years.

I do like this fire ship, hence it's now on my shopping list !

Well, I don't know how much of a review this is, it's more of a picture review because there is barely any of your thoughts in it, just labels like bag 1, bag 2.

And since all there is, is pictures, it's kind of ruined now because all of your pictures are not showing up, I'd double check your links.

I did go to your flickr account, and your pictures are bleeding red, btu the set looks fun, functional and worth the $50.

Yes, I suppose you're right Big_cam, I should have labled it pictoral review. The thread is showing up just fine on my side. :sceptic::sceptic::sceptic:

I was just excited to bring y'all the first pic of this 2010 set!

Edited by jeffjcc

Thanks for the pictures, Ive been waiting for a closer look of this set.

Sadly it makes me want it less as the red/white scheme is just too dull. :pir-hmpf:

Edited by green dewback

Thanks for the review. Not too interested in this set though.

Much better Jeff. :wink:

I saw this set at my local TRU recently. I thought $50 was a lot to spend on a boat, even a nice one like this. I think the last fire boat was around $30. Very nice details on this though. I like the cabin and the steering room.

I would love to see LEGO offer a fishing boat, tug boat, or exploration ship as part of their fleet.

I said it before great set !

Thank you 'Jeffjcc' for the pictures again.

Just noticed the crane on the rear is actually a rescue/fire fighting platform. Cool.

One could imagine this ship fighting a fire, ship to shore with the water bombing chopper and the land base vehicles - all together.

This set is nice for me in nostalgic way!

It is a nice and good looking set.

Thanks for reviewing it!

I bought the ship last tuesday. 29-12-09- for € 49,99 at Lego Shop Frankfurt.

I think its great. It would be even better if the sides were not open and they had used round windows for the gaps.

Now I am waiting for a fishing boat or a tug boat, both half the size of the fire ship but in one package.

Nice review, and this is a cool set. I like the design of it, and it seems better than other fire boats.

I just bought this set today (my first set this year, yay :tongue: ), and have to say this is a wonderful ship. It reminds me a lot more of real fire ships and of the older lego fire boats, than the last fire boat we got, that really looked not realistic at all imo. I also made some comparison shots with the coast guard ship, since i saw that many think these 2 have a too similar design. Here are the pictures, discuss! :tongue:

th_41501_S73F5510_122_535lo.JPGth_41506_S73F5511_122_530lo.JPGth_41513_S73F5514_122_97lo.JPGth_41519_S73F5515_122_127lo.JPG

th_41525_S73F5516_122_160lo.JPG

Very nice and clear pictures metalandi. :thumbup:

They seem pretty useful to me.

I, too, own the coast guard boat ( which I really like! :sweet: ) and there is indeed a certain level of similarity, mainly because of the haul. The thing is that I'm still not too conviced about the fire boat. It somehow looks a bit overloaded in my eyes and the whole structure on the haul looks a bit odd. Is it like that from close btw?

The haul stickers on the coast guard boat did an excellent job because they made the haul not look too "fatty" if you know what I mean. Having the stripes on the side makes it look slimmer and longer and more balanced to the eye. That is something I noticed on the blue ship from the harbor set too.

I don't know, there is something on the fire boat that doesn't pleasure my eyes.

Anyway, since ships is probably my favorite subtheme I'll try to convince myself once this set arrives to Greece.

Thanks again for the pictures! :classic::thumbup:

I would guess why both ships look similar is because both ships came from the same mold !

If people don't look the look of their ships, MODing is always an option ....right :grin: !

I like the design of both, I own the coast guard one and thinking about the fire one later in the year maybe (fire is an August release for Australia).

I'm determined to pick one of these Fire Boats up next time I visit a LEGO-selling store where they have this set, and this is partly thanks to your nice review!

Well, i wouldn't say it looks overloaded when you see it in real. For me it looks very well proportioned. What i like better on it than on the coast guard boat is, that there is a bit more interior under the cabin. I was quite disappointed that there basically was only an oxygen bottlle on the coast guard ship under the deck. If i can say that they could have anything done better on the fire ship, it maybe would be the back section. The room under the "crane" is quite useless, since you can't access it and there also is nothing in it. Also, they maybe could have done some contraption that can lead the raft to the water. But probably THEN it would really look overloeaded :tongue:

Well, i wouldn't say it looks overloaded when you see it in real.

That's what I have in mind. I'll just have to wait and see it from close I guess. :wink:

Thanks for this review! I must have missed it the first time round :laugh:

I like the cabin design - it's very well-built and quite detailed - but these enormous boats are just too big for me. I think I prefer the mould that was used in the earlier Police/ Fire versions which looked a bit sleeker. The bulky hulls look like they belong to some other class of vessel, not speedy rescue craft!

Thanks for the comparison pics too metalandi :thumbup: