gladiator

Minifig Collectors: Show and Discuss Your Collection Here

Hi, after searching another topics... I didnt find any related topic to discuss about this :

Are you minifigs collector? exactly, are you collect various minifigs ? How many ?

I am army builder also, and in term of army builder, I need quantity and uniformity.

But, diversity of minifigs are really interesting for me to collect !

Please let me share my minifigs collection with bricklink catalog as a guidance. I really strict with this standard.

hopefully you can enjoy and will share yours

indiana jones (completed)

4525660768_6991847dbb.jpg

speed racers (completed)

4525663074_1ddc0d720e.jpg

Batman and Sponge bob (almost completed)

4088309070_ef91a65ff8.jpg

Fantasy era (completed, giant troll not shown)

4534398608_7b81393a70.jpg

Fantasy era (knight)

3991895729_1eb16543f1.jpg

PiratesII (almost completed, mermaid with long bracket not shown)

4113343913_1f78868781.jpg

Agents (completed) and PowerMiner (completed, giant monster not shown)

4582748091_40c54317c6.jpg

Adventurer (almost completed)

4525027283_175592bc77.jpg

Ninja (completed)

4520510304_4c199f12a5.jpg

Cowboy, Indians (almost completed)

4519912943_266a028f57.jpg

Islander (completed)

4582748159_ba0efc4c36.jpg

prince of persia (completed)

4578055424_0bea3a9f0a.jpg

atlantis (completed), space police 3 (on progress)

4582748127_bc86e5cf02.jpg

Toystory (on progress)

4520509154_6465efbd7d.jpg

Harry Potter (on progress)

4577420409_b4ec3596e7.jpg

4578054464_d0847d0b83.jpg

Starwars ( tiny :( , long long journey)

4582748175_9da42b524c.jpg

4582748205_9d153b8711.jpg

Edited by gladiator

What an admirable collection, I must say! :blush: I am envious of you.

I collect minifigs to a certain extent, but I rather just aim to get one of each individual piece rather than all the complete variations.

Theme-wise, I have Fantasy Era, Harry Potter and Orient Expedition figs the most, but also a fair share of other Castle, Paradisa, Pirates, Indiana Jones and City figs.

I collect parts. If I think that a certain figure is "cool all over" I get that figure from Bricklink/eBay if it is old and I try and get the set if it is new. If I like a particular part I'll get that from Bricklink. I love making custom figures and have done since I was a small child so I get as many parts that I like as I can to make characters, people and my own made up characters.

I have 359 figures according to Brickset, however I have more if you count old figures from mixed boxes and figure parts, not sure how many more though.

If there ever was a series I wanted to collect it'd be the Adventurers. I also like your Western collection. :thumbup:

Sorry to bother you, but you're missing two skeletons in your Indiana Jones collection:

gen021.jpg

gen021a.jpg

They aren't listed under Indiana Jones, but they come/came in the Temple of the Crystal Skull and Chauchilla Cemetery Battle. :wink:

Sorry to bother you, but you're missing two skeletons in your Indiana Jones collection:

BIG SNIP

They aren't listed under Indiana Jones, but they come/came in the Temple of the Crystal Skull and Chauchilla Cemetery Battle. :wink:

He's also missing the one with the classic head.

I don't collect figures, I do have all of the Indy figures but I got them in their sets. I only have one complete collections of figures and it must be Indiana Jones. :tongue:

Thanks for the info. These minifigs known as gen021 and gen021a (bricklink catalog), I just have one with pearl light gray armor, and just know if its different again :tongue: yeah.... color difference made me crazy.. and soonest I will hunting the metallic one.

and updated : I change these pictures

Edited by gladiator

Great job!

I hope to put together a display eventually, but I'm still in the sorting and procuring phase and also doing things like Monster Studios and Town (which is absolutely mind boggling in number) plus all the classic lines. I'm 4 figures from finishing Classic Pirates, for example, but feel like I'm years from having the space to take all the pics I want.

Oh, one thing about your Fantasy Castle collection, you're missing a recent alternate addition to the Troll King in the form of a copper crown version. I haven't seen one yet, but it sounds delightful.

Keep up the great work and please update us as you progress!

Oh, one thing about your Fantasy Castle collection, you're missing a recent alternate addition to the Troll King in the form of a copper crown version. I haven't seen one yet, but it sounds delightful.

I was under the assumption that the copper crown was only a prototype shown in the Troll's Fortress boxart. The set itself has only included the brown crown, and since the troll king only comes in that set, the other variation you're speaking of can only be a rare prototype not available in any set.

I was under the assumption that the copper crown was only a prototype shown in the Troll's Fortress boxart. The set itself has only included the brown crown, and since the troll king only comes in that set, the other variation you're speaking of can only be a rare prototype not available in any set.

It's currently pending approval to the BL catalog as an alternate to the main entry, so it seems that some made it out there. Whatever the case, I know I want one, but I'm crazy like that. :grin:

Whatever the case, I know I want one, but I'm crazy like that. :grin:

and then... I will be your serious competitor to get it :tongue:

Troll King with copper crown headgear ? yes.. it should be

Insane collection, I am truley jealous. I often buy sets just for the figs.

Keep up the good work.

I don't collect much, only Modular Houses (+ Market Street) and certain minifigs just because I like them :)

2 other sets slipped in my collection to stay: Medieval Market Village and the Gallardo :wub:

You sure have a very nice minifig collection, I like the Fantasy Era and Batman collection the most, impressive!

Dont know how I missed this post! :) I am 99% solely a Minifigure collector, as I sell off the lego to save space!

Unfortunately I do not yet have a way of displaying my figures but those baseplate's do look pretty good. (25$ each here in New Zealand though!) so each one of my figures is stored in an airtight resealable bag. (Pretty sure the local stationary store thinks I am selling drugs) - they are impossible to photograph - But I will get onto it!

My aim is to have one of each variation also. Currently well on the way to achieving that goal, although obviously CITY is going to take a fair bit of time and is far less interesting - I have all but completed many other themes. Indiana Jones is 100% complete, Castle is mostly done and Pirates is missing just one figure, While Star Wars is around 90% complete. My fondness for the figures has taken a slight obsessive turn however and I have a small army of around 200 StormTroopers, and about 100 clones. :)

WOW! You've really increased the size of your collection since November! :oh:

It's really cool seeing all the minifigs of a theme lined up together. Thanks for sharing!

I'll have a look at your collections and will see if I can find any gaps in your completed ones. :wink:

Well I own all of the

minifigs. But that's because there are only 5 sets out and I bought each one. That's my first complete minifig collection. I intend on getting all of the minifigs for Lego Kingdoms, unless they do something like an expensive chess set like for Fantasy Era with exclusive minifigs. Edited by lego40k

Great job :thumbup:

I don't think I even have all the sets from one theme :grin:

Very impressive and much nicer than say someone with 10,000 stormtroopers :tongue:

Some notes regarding your collections:

• (Speed Racer) You're missing Chim-Chim, the monkey; he appeared in this set
  • (Ninjas) Do you have the monobrow white ninja from Vintage Minifigure Collection 5?
  • (Star Wars) Your pilot droid's torso is reversed
  • (Star Wars) Your R5-D4 astromech droid seems to have a head that is rotated 180 degrees; his 'eye' should be facing fowards
  • (Pirates II) The female pirate with dress isn't an official minifig; the dress only comes in the Medieval Market Village, which is a Castle set - also, she should have this head, not the eye patch one
  • (Castle: Fantasy Era) BrickLink lists this minifig, which came in the Castle Building Set, as a Fantasy Era minifig, but it's up to you to decide whether or not to include it in your collection
  • (Castle: Fantasy Era) Both of your jester minifigs have the same expression showing; maybe you could show the sad version of the face on one of the jesters?

Of course, it's all up to you do decide if you want to fix/add these minifigs, as it's your collection. :wink:

Good luck!

Some notes regarding your collections:

• (Speed Racer) You're missing Chim-Chim, the monkey; he appeared in this set
  • (Ninjas) Do you have the monobrow white ninja from Vintage Minifigure Collection 5?
  • (Star Wars) Your pilot droid's torso is reversed
  • (Star Wars) Your R5-D4 astromech droid seems to have a head that is rotated 180 degrees; his 'eye' should be facing fowards
  • (Pirates II) The female pirate with dress isn't an official minifig; the dress only comes in the Medieval Market Village, which is a Castle set - also, she should have this head, not the eye patch one
  • (Castle: Fantasy Era) BrickLink lists this minifig, which came in the Castle Building Set, as a Fantasy Era minifig, but it's up to you to decide whether or not to include it in your collection
  • (Castle: Fantasy Era) Both of your jester minifigs have the same expression showing; maybe you could show the sad version of the face on one of the jesters?

Of course, it's all up to you do decide if you want to fix/add these minifigs, as it's your collection. :wink:

Good luck!

Wow, thanks for detail IlikePi.

1. the monkey added in animal category in bricklink catalog. Slightly different with Bull-eye (Toy Story), first appearance in bricklink listed as minifig, but now moving to animal category.

2. Yes, I have both. Original white ninja and reissue from Vintage minifigs vol.5.

3. Thanks for your correction about pilot droid and R5-D4, I will fix soonest together with upcoming minifigs.

4. Female pirates comes from pirates chess set. Please check :), but until today, nobody upload the images to bricklink catalog.

5. Yes, I also have cas 407, please check :), and I will fix again for jester minifigs. I must show the sad version in one of them.