Sign in to follow this  
nintha

Tesla Coil

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I tried to make a tesla coil for a small research project at school and this is what came out of it. I tried to make it "minifig scale". My reference was a picture that had a guy standing next to a 5 foot tall tesla coil. I hope you like it.

picture_538a.jpg

The blue is electricity.

excerpt from the project.

"The tesla coil was made by made by Nikola Tesla (hence the name). Nikola Tesla was a scientist living from 10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943. He is most notable for his inventions like the Tesla Coil, Tesla's oscillator, the Tesla turbine and the Death Ray ( it was only a concept for military use, it was never made). Sorry I will get back on topic. The Tesla coil is a type of resonant transformer circuit. It is used to produce high voltage, high current, high frequency alternating current electricity. Tesla coil circuits were used commercially in sparkgap radio transmitters for wireless telegraphy until the 1920s. They are(were?) used in electrotherapy and medical devices such as violet ray. Although today the tesla coil are used more for entertainment and educational displays. Modified Tesla coils are widely used for street lamps and are used because they are cheaper than circuit controllers and they are vary reliable. And I think I read somewhere that some other inventions that Tesla made were based off of his tesla coil."

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I am a big fan of Tesla, my only suggestion is maybe use the electic bolts like this,

59233pb01.jpg

Otherwise you have the overall design down pretty good.

I am big fan of Nikola Tesla, too.

I am reading one book about his invention right now...as well as about 10 books, about his work, before!

Being his nationality, I have a rare opportunity to read some texts which he left here.

Also, I support Cam's idea about a bolt piece!

Thanks for the comments. Big Cam, I don't actually own any of the electic bolts but I did think about using them except that I searched for them and couldn't find any. But thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the comments. Big Cam, I don't actually own any of the electic bolts but I did think about using them except that I searched for them and couldn't find any. But thanks for the suggestion.

Totally understand, I don't own one either :blush:

Your alternative was a great alternative.

I think anyone and everyone who uses electricity is a fan of Tesla. :tongue:

I like the fig, and I don't have the bolts either, and I do think the minerals were a good substitution.

The different blues are kind of awkward, and a spiffier background could make this better.

I definitely like it though. :thumbup:

[-TA-]

I highly approve...the world can always use more Tesla coils. :)

Especially the big, invader-frying kind used in Command & Conquer: Red Alert... as long as you have enough power to run 'em all. Better start building those Nuke Plants, and don't trust Yuri or Cherdenko!