WesternOutlaw

ARTICLE: LEGO Health Care in Tabletown

All things considered  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the quality of this article?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!
  2. 2. How strong do you feel about LEGO releasing a high-quality hospital?

• 1 - Very Low Interest
    • 2 - Low
    • 3 - Moderate
    • 4 - High
    • 5 - Strong Interest!

What I do like about that Dacta Set is the unfinished-ness. I would love to finish that bad boy off. But it is huge, most kids (and probably me as well) would not have the parts to finish it, which is kind of sad.

This topic has got me thinking about my building future - I'm currently working on a suburban scene, maybe I can expand it with a small private clinic and shopping center?

Great article, Brickster!

The doctors and nurses in LEGO City must have a hard situation. So many patients to take care of and no acceptable hospital...

But I think there is another terrifying side of this problem. Where has those doctors and nurses got their educations? By the looks of it none in LEGO City has ever studied in any school and therefore I seriously doubt the knowledge of those quacks. :cry_sad::tongue:

I feel 6380 Emergency Treatment Center is the best approach for the happiness and LONG TERM health of minifigs. However, one would remember that the staff and consumables are just as important as the facilities.

What the.. They are nursing bikes in the Dacta set?!? :laugh:

I think that might be the hospital "gym". My local hospital, err Holy Cross, has a gym in the physical fitness center with dumbells, elipticals, you get the idea.

Great, another thing that is missing from TLG's meager hospitals. :laugh:

Great article. You raise an issue important to all minifigs and pose some timely questions all with objectivity.

Let's not forget other emergency medical vehicles. I refer to the 6356 Med-Star Rescue Plane. An impressive set for its day in my opinion and one of my favorites.

Finally, there is the related topic of private minifig health care that I wish to highlight - Drs. Blocknamara and Toy and their plastic surgery practice.

2554947756_3fa3c232e3.jpg

We had 6364 as little tackers, I remember it well. I can't believe this is the total listings of Medical Facilities. As for the latest offering; yuck!! It's a crappy design and and even crappier excuse to use that baseplate. C'mon TLG, give us a better offering please.

Aw, come on, that baseplate isn't that baa.... wait a sec. Yeah it is. The only set that base plate has been used in that I actually like is the IJ set it appeared in.

In conclusion, a newer, better more modern hospital is needed very badly.

This is a very interesting article, and I wanted to comment this very much early, but hold back for awhile until I have sorted out some stuff. Fearing that I might not be able to make it in time, I thought it will be nice to comment it down.

You have covered it well, and I agreed that we are able to see a decent hospital in the near future. Sadly, I don't own any of these mentioned sets even though I will love to own the 6387 Classic Town hospital. Hopefully, LEGO will take healthcare into much consideration.

Below is the upcoming sneak preview, happening over in Classic-Town.net in the next few hours, and I hope you will like it.

hospital-article1.jpg

This was an enjoyable read. Thank you.

But you are missing my favorite hospital: The 260 Ideas Book, p. 18 - 19.

You might all complain about the poor quality of hospitals, but what about dentists!?

Hospital in 260 Idea Book:

1.jpg1.jpg

There's also a hospital in 6000 Idea Book:

1.jpg1.jpg1.jpg1.jpg

Back when I was a kid, I just assumed my town had spent all its money on police services (seeing as it had two stations and a mobile command centre for its 7 houses...) and that everyone had to go off somewhere else in the 6666 ambulance. With no paramedic.

However now that I made the mistake of giving away ALL my lego when I was 13 or so and having to spend a few grand to get back to where I was, there's a bit of a problem brewing. Anyone think there might be a need for a minifig graveyard if theres no new hospital soon? :wink:

As much as there needs to be a good full-sized hospital, I'd actually prefer a small 'clinic', mainly because my village has so few civilian buildings that it looks odd having such large emergency buildings. My police building for example is the one from the Police Command Centre. I don't have a fire building yet.

Actually, i feel that in the Modular series there will be one day a police station, and one day some kind of hospital as well.

I do think that we have enough regular police and fire people around nowadays, which cannot be said with hospital people.

Therefore, the next time TLC will come up with a hospital set, it must be really good.

Not something on a newly created baseplate (that is about i don't know how much bricks high) with a few bricks on it pretending

to be a hospital... it has to make sence. Right? :classic:

I love this topic...and the timing is perfect.

Lego Cities across the world are facing a huge deficit due to governments excessive spending on city services like fire and police (it seems like every other citizen in town is a fire fighter or police officer). For too long the health care system has suffered with city infrastructures lacking sufficient services like hospitals and schools. Though their have been some supplemental emergency services like 7903 Rescue Helicopter and 2064 Air Ambulance, I agree with TheBrickster that the primary and emergency care services are not keeping pace with the growth of ever expanding Table Town communities..

In 2009, I propose a new comprehensive medical center that will meet the growing demands of café corner and classic town styled communities world wide. The new hospital would be CC style in design but with classic town architectural features like helicopter pad and ambulance emergency parking retaining the classic red and white color design. The new medical center would include a primary care ward, a maternity ward, and surgery center with outpatient care faculties and plenty of hospital rooms for the growing table town communities. Below is a preliminary design for a 2010 Medical Facility under construction now. I’ll post pictures of the final version in December for contribution to this topic.

4087207692_b41a5d3d9d_o.jpg

Great article TheBrickster!

Edited by lgorlando

Below is a preliminary design for a 2010 Medical Facility under construction now. I’ll post pictures of the final version in December for contribution to this topic.

That looks really good! And I'm sure it deserves a topic of its own when it's done.