echobasehoth

MOC Echo Base Hoth

The echo base is done.

some pictures here. would like to add tiles and a roof. but playvalue is better without roof and tiles.

have added some more ledlights at the roof.

echodone032.jpg

echodone031.jpg

the base topview

echodone030.jpg

front with the motorized doors

echodone029.jpg

working doors to the command center

echodone025.jpg

the command center

echodone001.jpg

bacta room

echodone014.jpg

tauntaun room

echodone016.jpg

more pictures/slideshow and small videos of the working functions here:

Edited by echobasehoth
deeplinked video

Your son is extremely lucky to have a Dad that would put as much effort into a build as you.

That is very impressive, I meanit's almost to scale. Incredible work, I'd love to see it once the lights are put in.

How long have you been working on this?

I love the creation, it is impressive an looks almost to scale. I could swear though another member already posted this a while back. Don't worry I don't think you copied I think I have got bad Deja Vu.

This is a very nice video and build! Congrats, and yes, you are lucky with having such a good father.

This is a very nice video and build! Congrats, and yes, you are lucky with having such a good father.

Judging by the many times he said my son's, he is the 'lucky father' ;)

MrCustomizer

Edited by MrCustomizer

Yes im the lucky father :classic:

My son lukas got his first star wars set last christmass, an anankin starfighter, for several years we have collected disney cars diecasts but he has outgrown cars and, thanks good, lego took over. bought some more sets for him and i was pretty impressed with his skills building lego. so i figured why not build something special. so we started building on the rebel base early spring. the first MOC was way to small and we rebuilded it several times. found some cheap xwings and snowspeeders on ebay and found out we needed a millenium falcon to. when we builded that one, once more we had to make the base bigger so the falcon could fit in, and we ended up with the base on video. Lukas(my son) and i had a wonderfull time building the bigger sets so before we knew it we were working on the motorized at-at, the imperial star destroyer and more. so havent builded on the base for some time. christmass is big here, so we will be pretty busy building lego, im the brickfinder and he is the builder. but when we are done with the xmas sets we will continue on the base. Lukas has started talking about what we shall build after we are done with the base and has suggested the batlle of endor.

Good God, I'm jealous! My custom echo base isn't even half the size of that. I hope you don't mind that I'm going to go up stairs, tear apart my old MOC and totally rip you off. :tongue:

Astounding job! :thumbup:

Hello,

and also a welcome to you here! :classic:

That is indeed a large setting you've built here. I am sure you will add a few more things with time coming, but the playability options are already outstanding here. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That's brilliant!

I really like all the working, playing elements that make it come to life! I would've been made up having this when I was a young 'un. I reckon this is the sort of stuff I'll do when my wife and I have children.

So, got any plans to build your child another giant playset? Cloud City? Jabba's Palace? :wink:

hi Pedro (and others)

think it will be a year before we are done with the base. my son is talking about that we should build the batlle of endor and i would so much like a r2-d2 "running" around the house. Guess a r2-d2 will be build from lots of technic and mindstorms parts so that has to wait for my son gets a litlle older (he is 7) Its important to me that my son and i build this together, so we help eachother out, the motorized gates and the pneumatics on the ion canon is mostly done by me but i have learned that my son seeing me build is educating to him (so while i worked on the pneumatics he builded the vacum hose loading r2-d2 to the x-wing.)

the pneumatics are very fun to use and very educating, to bad lego doesnt make set with pneumatics anymore. the Motorized doors where lots of troublle and first time we tested them they "pushed" tha base apart, the build in clutch made the trick

the custom turrets and small canon i couldnt figure out to build myself, but a very talented guy in australia had the ones on the base for sale on ebay so the ones one the base isnt builded by me.

thank you all for your nice comments.

btw my base is no way close to scale but cant be any bigger, we simply dont have the space for it

Great thing that you can enjoy building together with your son!

Really a rare opportunity!

Looks fantastic!

Very good MOC, great design and true to Echo Base in the ESB. The doors remined me of the doors on my Toys-R-Us exclusive Hoth Base of a few years ago. Just wait till the BP's come out in January, you'll get an ice cutter and more rebel snow troopers. :thumbup:

Well to put it in Darth's words..."Highly impressive."

Looks great did your son do all the powered stuff?

Um, it's "Most impressive"

A excellent Base, well done. The playability is very good. Which is the most important part, I'm sure you know that already!

The whole base is impressive, but those doors are the pièce de résistance for me. They look so authentic and the movement is so fluid and perfectly timed. Stroke of genius you had there!

my son has been home sick with a cold the last couplle of days, so we have had plenty of time to build more on the base. received 1200 white bricks and some led lights the other day, those has been added to the base. Now we dont have anymore bricks left so soon we have to visit bricklink again. used 500 white plates for the floor. and think we need 300 more. well hope you enjoy heres is a picture

legoechobasedecember002.jpg

more pics and closeups here

enjoy

Very nice ! Makes me want to start building one as well, would really love to see it finished so please keep the updates coming :thumbup:

My ultimate Star Wars dream is to build a big Hoth diorama like yours or even bigger :wub: . Thanks for the update :thumbup:

Fantastic job! The update looks great! :thumbup::wub:

Please keep us updated! I love looking at it. I hope to have a nice diorama when I get some of next years BPs and some white bricks. :wub:

Great job!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox