Sign in to follow this  
Izzy

Behind the Helm - A Scurvy Survey

"A Scurvy Survey"  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to read, or listen to Behind the Helm?

• Read
    • Listen
  2. 2. How often do you listen to 'Behind the Helm'?

• Every Episode
    • Every Second Episode
    • Only when it’s someone I’ve heard of
  3. 3. Can you understand our accents (Hehe)?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Would you mind if some interviews were in text-only format, or would you prefer to keep them all in audio format in the future?

• I prefer both text and audio
    • Text Only
    • Audio Only
  5. 5. How do you rate 'Behind the Helm' compared to other LEGO interview shows?

• Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Excellent
    • The best of them all!

behindthehelmet%20copy.png

Ahoy there me hearties! Captain Zuloo and I have taken a break from interviewing someone for today, but don’t fret - we'll have a very exciting interview coming up for next week!

But this week, we still have something very important for you all to help us out with. We are conducting a survey and we would be delighted if you could take a few seconds to tick the appropriate boxes and post your thoughts below.

The more responses, the more we can cater to your wishes, and the better 'Behind the Helm' will become! Many thanks ye scurvy sea dogs, now get ticking and writing!

I have completed the survey.

I prefer to "read" the interview, and listen to the interview "if" I have heard/known the interviewee, with the clear understanding of both interviewer and interviewee's accents. I don't mind if there is a mixture of both audio and text, not indicating that both is compulsory since there is no option for me to select that, ending up selecting "prefer both text and audio".

I rate the programme, as "Excellent".

I think the Behind the Helms should continue with both a text and a voice example. And yes, even as a humble Dutchman I can understand Aussie accents! :pir-tongue:

You two are doing a great job together, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming episode! Keep it up! :thumbup:

I prefer to read the interview aswell. To include Audio is a nice addition, but for myself, I would not want to see an Audio Only format. I rated this feature as Excellent, because I find them very interesting, and hope that you continue to do more!

I rate your interviews as good, i don't listen often as i am most of the times listing to music or watching tv when i read them.

I'd still like some more comedy and funny stuff in them, as it would make reading them a big laugh as well as being informative. (Yeah i'm not the serious type on my own time.) And oh yeah i can mostly understand your accent, we have crocodile hunter and crocodile dundee on TV here too. :pir-grin:

So there's my 2 cents, keep it up ozzies! :thumbup:

I have completed your excellent poll Cutlass_Iz :thumbup:.

I prefer to read the the interview personally. Simply because I prefer to read the interview because it's fairly short. I don't really listen to the audio version at all but have done for a few of the members that I think may be more interesting. Accents, what accents? Queens English, no less. (<-- don't get the joke, you're probably not British :pir-grin:). I think both text and audio will be the most successful for Classic-Pirates. Some members prefer audio, some text. Best of them all! This is probably my favourite EB interview show.

I prefer to at least have the interview available in text format, because it is much easier to scan relatively quickly. No problems with accents here... :pir_laugh2: Keep up the good work Zullo and Iz.

As Admiral of this shack I must admit you are doing a mighty fine job!

Now I think I have an open position for a personal secretary? Interested? (not YOU, ZULOO! Back OFF!)

Now I think I have an open position for a personal secretary? Interested? (not YOU, ZULOO! Back OFF!)

Ah now that is just plain sexist! :pir-hmpf_bad: Poor Zuloo, he'll never get over this you know. You've ruined his lifelong dream of being your secretary Zorro. :pir_laugh2:

Is Phes still the main boss or is Governor just a honorary rank?

Behind the Helm is going great, in my opinion nothing needs to be changed, you two are doing an A1 job :thumbup:

Mr. Phes would be a great person for the chair next (And I don't mean the electric chair :pir-tongue:

Behind the Helm is going great, in my opinion nothing needs to be changed, you two are doing an A1 job :thumbup:

Mr. Phes would be a great person for the chair next (And I don't mean the electric chair :pir-tongue:

Mister Phes is a mystery man who seems never to be around when he is needed, that's all I will say on him being the big boss. :pir_laugh2:

Regarding an interview with Mister Phes, he unfortunately doesn't have the means for an interview, so that's something that isn't likely to happen in the near future. :sad:

In fact its all Erdbeereis running the show here! :pir-tongue:

(to know the staff, take a look down here)

In fact its all Erdbeereis running the show here! :pir-tongue:

Yes. In reality I have all staff members under mind control, granting my every wish. :pir-devil:

Yes. In reality I have all staff members under mind control, granting my every wish. :pir-devil:

I don't feel safe anymore :pir-look:

No wonder you are using a Mola Ram torso for your avatar.

Edited by Ratshot

I just wanna throw this out there...

I prefer to read AND listen at the same time.

Also, I can mirror the audio on my site if bandwidth is an issue... or even just switch it over to my site if it's a hassle with whereever it's being hosted.

I completed the survey! I actually prefer to read rather than listen and have only read 2 of the interviews. The interviews are a bit long for my preference, but it's always good to learn more about fellow AFOLs! :pir-grin:

Capt'n Z:

Your interview with Jamie was the first that I heard, but I think you guys do an outstanding job with your interviews. I think the overall idea to have an audio interview combined with the music makes them very unique and creative. You have good questions, and a nice demeanor that welcomes honest and good responses. I'd like to see you expand outside the pirate realm even more (like you did with the Emerald Night for trains). A+ for Behind the Helm. :thumbup:

I've listened and/or read them all and I think they are a lot of fun. If you have never done an interview with someone its not as easy as it sounds...you never know what someone is going to say in response to your questions. I didn't think I would like the audio but it turns out I like it even more than reading it. You all have done a great job...The fact you type them up blows me away. That is a lot of not so much fun work. I am an American so automatically anyone with an accent sounds extra smart and important (which is either a good thing because we like you and want you to like us or a bad thing in that we now feel threatened and must destroy you)...Seems to work for the Lego related interviews.

You all have done a great job...The fact you type them up blows me away. That is a lot of not so much fun work.

You are quite correct! :pir_wacko:

Not so much fun at all listening to Connor's voice again and again :pir-laugh: and again and again......

EDIT: I'd just like to personally apologize to the 4 (so far) people that can't understand our accents. I understand completely! :pir-look:

Edited by Cutlass_Iz

You are quite correct! :pir_wacko:

Not so much fun at all listening to Connor's voice again and again :pir-laugh: and again and again......

It should be the way around I tell you! Most of us are AFOLs (not AFFOLs) so listening to a female voice :pir_kiss: would get more attention. Let Connor do the typing! :pir-tongue:

(Yeah, I'm being a sexist again...but what do you expect of a Pirate Admiral?)

(Yeah, I'm being a sexist again...but what do you expect of a Pirate Admiral?)

I expect nothing more! :pir_laugh2:

Whether that is true or not, it remains to be said that, typing is really all the effort I put in, Connor does all the work and much more. He must rue the day he asked me to be a part of BTH. :pir-blush:

Unfortunately I cannot complete the survey.

I can't really answer the second question because my choise is not available; I only read the interviews. I dont have the bandwith at work to open it. :pir_bawling:

So if you continue with written interviews I will surely keep on reading because I really like it. :thumbup: