WesternOutlaw

What Ever Happened to the Train Engine Shed?

All things considered  

99 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the quality of this article?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Train-tacular!
  2. 2. What trackside structure would you like LEGO to offer?

• Train Engine Shed
    • Round House
    • Train Level Crossing
    • Train Station
    • Cargo Depot
    • Mill (coal, lumber, or other resource)
    • Switching Tower
    • Water Tower
    • Bridge
    • OTHER

I voted round house... they've at least made one shed.

Speaking of this shed, it's spectacular! I'm surprised nobody has written a review of it (that I've been able to find). I accidentally recently discovered it, as I've only just recently sparked an interesting in getting into Lego trains. I wish I had a copy... but the prices of a complete set new or used is crazy. I'm thinking it might not be too hard to acquire the parts to build one via bricklink, as most of the pieces are fairly common (expect those black sliding train doors on the side), no stickers or even printed bricks that I've been able to discern. But that does bring me to one question which has been partially answer in other's comments in this thread... what locomotives will fit in it??

Interesting unfortunately the Emerald Night doesn't fit in the shed :hmpf_bad::laugh:

So that's the answer for one of the locomotives I'm planing on purchasing. What about the new 10219 Maersk Train (the other one I want)?? If not, what does fit?? Of course, even if nothing I want will fit, I still may have to build one... it just looks too awesome not to have.

Edited by domboy

I also think that prices for new or used are way too high, so I am one of those who bought bricks through bricklink to build two of them. as you said, those sliding doors seems to be the most expensive parts, and also the other doors and windows are not so easy to find (at least new), but you can still make some mod and get a nice moc. I have made also an LDD file for a train shed based on the original one, but made with only available "pick a brick" bricks. too bad TLG still have to surprise us with a revised version, but my feeling is that we will not have to wait for long.

anyway, the emerald doesn't fit, too long and too wide, all the other engines available now can fit, at least in the "long" configuration. it can accomodate 1 loco 4 tracks long or 2 locos 2 tracks long.

have a nice lego train day

mrBlue

Edited by mrblue

I also think that prices for new or used are way too high, so I am one of those who bought bricks through bricklink to build two of them. as you said, those sliding doors seems to be the most expensive parts, and also the other doors and windows are not so easy to find (at least new), but you can still make some mod and get a nice moc. I have made also an LDD file for a train shed based on the original one, but made with only available "pick a brick" bricks. too bad TLG still have to surprise us with a revised version, but my feeling is that we will not have to wait for long.

Cool... neat to hear somebody else already bricklinked it.

anyway, the emerald doesn't fit, too long and too wide, all the other engines available now can fit, at least in the "long" configuration. it can accomodate 1 loco 4 tracks long or 2 locos 2 tracks long.

have a nice lego train day

mrBlue

Thank you!! That's exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for. I'm definitely going to work on building one then.

I started building a turntable and was going to build a shed from the two train sheds I have.

After I opened the 2nd set I discovered that all the bricks are bley not grey?

I can't beleive TLC would change from grey to bley with the same set. : (

With the people that have the train shed set, I wonder how many have old grey?

They did that with the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer also.

I have old gray but would prefer bley, alas I can't fix that now can I?

I so wanted the shed set but couldn't afford it. I've seen a rebuild in a flikr set in tan rather than red which looked rather spiffy. A new train shed in one of the more realistic earth tones would be very welcomed here.

I'm voting hoping for a a new cargo center. We are long over do. After all all we had the BNSF and TTX now we have 7939, as well as, the Maesrk. Where are all these crates supposed to be off loaded? :classic:

I'm voting hoping for a a new cargo center. We are long over do. After all all we had the BNSF and TTX now we have 7939, as well as, the Maesrk. Where are all these crates supposed to be off loaded? :classic:

Well you could use the crane in either the 7939 or if you 7994 works pretty well for a cargo center.

I myself am still hoping for a new Train Engine Shed, I wonder if TLG is aware of the popularity of the last?