Sign in to follow this  
Darth Legolas

Removal of C3PO's head?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I finally got my Death Star, but C3PO's head is unbearably tight! Unlike a normal minifig, his head's grooves will rip your skin off if you pull too tightly!

Any suggestions on how to get it off?

You should wrap it up in some kind of towel then gently use a pair of pliers to try and twist it. Once it finally turns you should be able to get it off. Be very careful though I had a similar situation with my c-3po from the sandcrawler. Hope this helps.

Edit: Congrats on getting the death star!

Edited by paintballa43

Twist it.

Slowly twist it araound and around, slowly pulling up when you do.

I don't suggest a plyers as that cpuld permenetaly crush that valuable head.

I agree with Big Cam. Twisting is the way to go with 3PO's head. Or you could try replicating the circumstances that led to its removal in Ep. 2 :laugh:

Yeah, twist it, and to protect your fingers, wrap something soft around the head, such as a T-shirt or a towel.

Why even try to remove it?

It's C3P0's head and it should stay on his shoulders.

Except when he's been blasted or caught in Cloud City.

- no wait, he got blasted there as well :laugh:

You should wrap it up in some kind of towel then gently use a pair of pliers to try and twist it. Once it finally turns you should be able to get it off. Be very careful though I had a similar situation with my c-3po from the sandcrawler. Hope this helps.

Edit: Congrats on getting the death star!

IMO, this is the best way, or if you don't have pliers, use Big Cam's suggestion.

What if you want to turn his head? Wouldn't you want him to see Vader comming after him. :laugh: I'm strong enough to pull them off and my kid brother isn't. He used to bite them but I got him to quit. What he does now is fold a cloth over the head a few times and pull it off with his teeth. I've looked at the result and I've have not seen any damage. You should be able to get it off with the other member's suggestions. If not you can send it to me for head removal. :grin:

Yes I'm not quite the strongest... :grin:

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try everything, even "replicating the movie circumstances."

It really is puzzling though, as the black protocol droid's head is fine. Oh well.

It really is puzzling though, as the black protocol droid's head is fine. Oh well.
Every now and then I get a regular minifig that has an extremely tight head.

Since Lego uses high-pressure injection, they might sometimes use to much pressure, making the neck tougher and the slightest bit thicker. That's my theory, at least.

Also, C-3PO's head, unlike Greedo's and a regular fig's, and the same as the Peruvian Temple Idol from Indy, does not have much to any space for air to move out of the way when you put the head on the 'neck' of the fig, thus making it a tight fit. Another of my theories... :tongue:

And twisting always gets it off, if you can get the twisting started.

What about in the droid factory? :laugh: They even made an action figure for that part.

2554875011_5e7aa612e5.jpg

I had the same thing with my Leia from 6212. I just kept twisting and pulling and after afew minutes it came off, then Leia got a spanking :tongue::laugh:

Good luck and hope it comes off! :sweet:

CommanderFox

I finally got my Death Star, but C3PO's head is unbearably tight! Unlike a normal minifig, his head's grooves will rip your skin off if you pull too tightly!

Any suggestions on how to get it off?

I have that with my Jar Jar binks head :hmpf_bad:.

Thanks for the advice guys! The towel thing worked like a charm!

No pliers I hope?

I have that with my Jar Jar binks head :hmpf_bad:.

You could try some of the suggestions that have been posted here. My brother's got stuck a long time ago and I pulled it off for him and it became less tight. You do need the strengh for it though. :grin:

No pliers I hope?

None at all! Perhaps this now answered topic could be renamed and transformed into the "How do I remove a modified head?" topic. :tongue:

This is so strange to hear all these stories of stuck heads, none of my fig's have ever given me any trouble at all.

Custom heads will be a whole different story, as most are feagile. I don't even know where to start.

Glad you pulled it off!

See what I did there? :grin:

My friends used to bite and pull if they could not get it off with their hands. Impatient little-- :angry:

Edited by Jammiedodger714