Sign in to follow this  
Col. Brik

PBR Freedom

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Colonel has set to Sea in his "Yacht" after the South Province was taken over by the North, as reported by PBR News.

100_3776.jpg

After spending a week in the wonderful country of Legoland the Colonel is off to plan his operations to retake the South Province, or directly attack the North.

More description at http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/162966 and also

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29208280@N06/...57622587579355/

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Excellent!

I like the crane, the submarine, and the main operation room. Down cabins are also great.

Details are nice, too!

Excellent!

I like the crane, the submarine, and the main operation room. Down cabins are also great.

Details are nice, too!

Thank you.

I didn't have a plan when I started. Just looked at the boat bottoms and decided that since my Lego Website below had the story line going in that direction I should build a boat.

I tried to keep it to a "Lego" style set, not really to scale, dimensions off, playable and easy to put together if it breaks. Since it is finished my two sons have devoured it and love playing with it. I also fell into trying to use every odd part from different sets that I had in the bins. The Submarine is # 6442 with the back end changed some and some additions. The boats are copies of the Agent set boats with a few changes.

Thanks again.

Nice mother ship. I always love when somebody does a boat here. I am also planning to do one day a decent mother ship for my wealthy/rebellious minifigures.

My only issue is that you have the RIBs so low in a place where I would imagine water to be.

Nice mother ship. I always love when somebody does a boat here. I am also planning to do one day a decent mother ship for my wealthy/rebellious minifigures.

My only issue is that you have the RIBs so low in a place where I would imagine water to be.

Thanks!

Yes, the RIBS are swung low. I hadn't thought of the water line when I built them in. Good observation. I didn't really have a plan as I built and that section looked like it needed something. Maybe a modification is in order. I could slip them under the CC and set up to launch outward instead of ahead.

Very nice work! I am sure your sons will have hours of fun with this - it's a different challenge when you build primarily for playability rather than showmanship so bonus points for that.

It's certainly a very well-armed ship and hopefully the Colonel will be able to regain his realm. Legaña supports the rightful ruler of PBR!

The propulsion pieces look a little out of place but overqall it's good with a nice set of features. THe crane is a great touch.

For building it from scratch with no real idea of what you wanted, I think it turned out pretty good.

Hello!

The ship features a big amount of playability. :classic: The detail I like most is the cockpit of the helicopter. Using that curved trans-black glass piece for bottom and top gives a nicely shaped cockpit ball. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Very nice work! I am sure your sons will have hours of fun with this - it's a different challenge when you build primarily for playability rather than showmanship so bonus points for that.

It's certainly a very well-armed ship and hopefully the Colonel will be able to regain his realm. Legaña supports the rightful ruler of PBR!

Thank you. They have had tons of fun with it already. It looks like I need to beef up some sections of the Ship though, at least building it "simple" allows for quick fixes when a rocket hits the bow.

There could be a little skirmish this weekend to regain some of PBR back into the Colonel's control ;)

The propulsion pieces look a little out of place but overqall it's good with a nice set of features. THe crane is a great touch.

For building it from scratch with no real idea of what you wanted, I think it turned out pretty good.

Thank you. Yes, the propulsion pieces are out of place but they come off and on with one quick tug. Just a simple 1x2 brick with a hole and a pin going into another 1x2 with a hole. Easy for them to be blown off. :)

Hello!

The ship features a big amount of playability. :classic: The detail I like most is the cockpit of the helicopter. Using that curved trans-black glass piece for bottom and top gives a nicely shaped cockpit ball. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thank you, The Helo is still a work in progress but the curved glass was a important part of its first design. Thanks for spotting them!

Hey i remember you from MOCpages! Anyway nice boat are you gonna make a skirmish MOC next?

Thanks! Yes, we are working on something. Haven't gotten it all figured out yet!