Darth Legolas

UCS Millenium Falcon is being discontinued!

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Only a year or two after it's been released, the UCS Falcon has been cut short!

*Offer is valid October 19 through 11:59pm EST December 6, 2009 and applies to standard shipping only. Qualifying purchase must be equal or greater than $99 in merchandise only; any applicable taxes, shipping charges, or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise total. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Free shipping orders are sent via regular ground shipping; upgrades do not apply. Standard order processing and delivery time is 4-7 days from the date of order. Free shipping orders may be subject to additional delivery time. For delivery rates and schedules, please visit shop.LEGO.com for more details. Offer valid only in the United States and Canada. Offer is valid through LEGO Catalog and on shop.LEGO.com. The LEGO Company reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior advance notice.

Make sure you own the largest LEGO® Star Wars�„� set ever

produced. The production line has stopped on the Ultimate

Collector's Millennium Falcon�„� - get one

while they last...Plus FREE shipping!*

View Now

EDIT: Can anyone help? I tried to beat the rush by posting it here first, but I realized my email address was on the link I previously posted!

Edited by KimT

It still says Available Now on S&H.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked my email and I got one saying the production line has stopped. Maybe it really is a Limited Edition set...

Edited by booger540

I got that e-mail from LEGO Shop at Home too! :sad: I suppose the LEGO Company can't afford to produce that model anymore, given its extremely large piece count. I wonder if the Taj Mahal (with even more pieces) will suffer the same fate as the Falcon.

Good thing I already have my Falcon! :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

It still says Available Now on S&H.

It's ending December 6. I copied this from the email:

*Offer is valid October 19 through 11:59pm EST December 6, 2009 and applies to standard shipping only. Qualifying purchase must be equal or greater than $99 in merchandise only; any applicable taxes, shipping charges, or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise total. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Free shipping orders are sent via regular ground shipping; upgrades do not apply. Standard order processing and delivery time is 4-7 days from the date of order. Free shipping orders may be subject to additional delivery time. For delivery rates and schedules, please visit shop.LEGO.com for more details. Offer valid only in the United States and Canada. Offer is valid through LEGO Catalog and on shop.LEGO.com. The LEGO Company reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior advance notice.

Make sure you own the largest LEGO® Star Wars

Edited by Darth Legolas

Aw man, this kills the hope that I will ever get one..and how am I supposed to get over $550 in a MONTH?

And my birthday will be in MONTHS, and even then I won't have enough..

Oh well, I may never have it unless a miracle happens.. :cry_sad:

~General Magma

It's been around for 2 years - did anyone really think it was going to last forever?

It hasn't been 'cut short' and it has nothing to do with Lego being unable to afford the piece count (!).

Lego Exclusives generally have a shelf-life of 2-3 years so please try and stay calm. Instead, be excited that it means LEGO is clearing a slot for some amazing new Exclusive in 2010 :wink:

It's been around for 2 years - did anyone really think it was going to last forever?
Some of us were expecting it to last as long as the old ISD though, until it had to go on sale just to get rid of them.
Instead, be excited that it means LEGO is clearing a slot for some amazing new Exclusive in 2010 :wink:
We can only hope for something even bigger.

I'm pretty sure we all got the same email at the same time.

We've had ample time to buy one if we wanted.

I only really got into LEGO in '08 so I coudn't get this because I didn't have time to save up for it. :cry_sad:

My birthday is coming up so I might get it. If I don't it will be very crappy that I don't get it.

Edited by Pie108

It's ending December 6. I copied this from the email:
Actually, that's when the free shipping for orders over $99 offer ends. :wink:

I only really got into LEGO in '08 so I coudn't get this. :cry_sad:

My birthday is coming up so I might get it. If I don't it will be very crappy.

I beg your pardon?

You couldn't get this since it's going out of production now? *huh*

Is your birthday going to be crappy?

How old are you?

I beg your pardon?

You couldn't get this since it's going out of production now? *huh*

Is your birthday going to be crappy?

How old are you?

I edited it to make more easy to understand.

Edited by Pie108

Well it always had to be discontinued sometime. I think this year was the year to discontinue it because then with next year being the ESB anniversary we could get the rumored AT AT taking its spot

It's sad, but it had to be dis-continued sometime :wink:

I think this year was the year to discontinue it because then with next year being the ESB anniversary we could get the rumored AT AT taking its spot

A 10,000 piece AT-AT :oh::wub: Bring it on!!!! :thumbup:

CommanderFox

What this leads me to believe more than anything else is that Lego wasn't selling very many of this set so they figured they should stop producing them if they won't sell them. Judging by the email posted, it sounds like they just stopped making the set. Doesn't mean it's gone, so until they actually sell out the sets they have left, you should still be able to pick this one up. Who knows how many are left, it may take them months to actually sell out. And if the sets last long enough you may even see this go on sale at some point in the future as well.

Nooooooooooo!!!!! :cry_sad::sad: i found out about "new" lego back in early 08, my first new set was in dec 08 my largest set is the UCS AT ST and i have lots of expenses so unless i find treasure in my attic i wont be getting the falcon oh well [sigh] i'll at least try to get the death star and depending on if there is a further sale i might get the falcon [cross fingers]

Good Point Destroydacre. I think the same way too. You never see lego announcing which sets gets discontinued and all that. Its probably true its no longer produced. But this is just to stimulate the sales of this set. The price is a big sum (even more than death star) and many people will think twice before purchasing it. When they say its no longer produce, fans will more likely purchase it.

Or....

Maybe LEGO is just trying to be nice and say "Hey, we are starting to run low on these and if you are thinking about getting one, you might want to hurry. In fact, play it smart and take advantage of the free shipping offer!"

Way too many people put off the Market Street and numerous other sets, right. We've all heard the stories, some of us even have some of our own. Consider this an opportunity to pick up the sweetest SW LEGO set ever.

Not exactly surprised. The set has been around for awhile and they certainly can't keep them in stock indefinitely. For those who don't have this amazing set, I'll recommend getting a loan or just borrowing off friends of family, yes it's that good. A month of 2 minute noodles would help too.

I have to agree with Strand, don't miss out!! The Falcon is just spectacular (and building it is what brought me back into the Lego collecting fold). I'm itching for the next 'true' UCS (I'm not meaning to bring up an old debate here about what qualifies as a UCS but if anyone asks..... :wink: ).

So bring on that 10,000 piece AT-AT (and forget about playability) even if it means oodles of noodles await me!! :wub:

Edited by Aeroeza

Aw man, this kills the hope that I will ever get one..and how am I supposed to get over $550 in a MONTH?

And my birthday will be in MONTHS, and even then I won't have enough..

Oh well, I may never have it unless a miracle happens.. :cry_sad:

~General Magma

Why $550? If you're thinking shipping, it's free.

Does this apply for the UK as well?

I hope you're joking. Unless you're referring to the shipping, in which I have no idea, but the production stops all over. :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

I'm lucky I got my hands on this, by far the best and most intresting build ever. I really recomend getting this before it's discontinued :thumbup: