Sign in to follow this  
Elven Mage

My Own Superheroes

Hello all,

Just finished this characters design in photoshop and thought I would share him with you all.

I call him Quick-Fire

quick-fire.gif

If its ok, I will update this post each time I add another figure. So as not to clutter the forum with my posts ;) .

Comments, Suggestions and Constructive Criticism are always welcome.

~ Joey

yup - definately Mr Gordon aka Flash Gordon :oD

KimT

Nice work! I would call him Captain Flash or The Marvel after seeing those pics just afterwards. :P

Is the muscle design yours or KBlocks?

First of all,

Thank you guys for the wonderful comments, they are greatly appreciated.

Now then, although there are similarities between Quick-Fire and The Flash (after all thats who I modeled him after.) He has no resemblance to Captain Marvel.

Infact to help clear up a few things, here's a reference picture of Quick-Fire from City of Heroes (an online pc game I play)

Quick_Fire.jpg

When I am finished with the minifig version of him, he will have the gold fins on his arms and the yellow 'lightning' fin on his head. I think I will get started on the leg decals, for his gold boots right away. I hope to have the real fig finished by the end of the month

I've also changed a few things around, from suggestions I got over at MCN. I think it looks better now.

The Hordesman, To answer your question the muscle design is a combination of both.

So far I have come up with the following decal for my Quick-Fire minifig, but I've come to a problem, and I would like some advice on how to solve this situation. The way his fin will need to be designed, I've noticed that the stud on the top of his head would be in the way. The second picture is a drawing of the fin. I'm not sure if I should design the fin 'around' the stud, or completely remove the stud altogether. What are your thoughts ?

quick-fire.giffin.gif

~ Joey

Thats a great design for a decal Mage, my only sugestion is for you to get another programme other than photoshop. Photoshop is good but if you really want to sharpen your decals up then i would recommend a programme called Coral Draw.

I think you should print two and put them on either side of the stud.

After some careful thought. I've decided to remove the legs from the decals for now (until I can make them look better). Anyways, I've been pretty busy, allow me to present to you all Red Falcon and Patriot America.

red_falcon_new.gifpatriot_america_new.gif

I think that Red Falcon came out better then Quick-Fire and then Patriot America came out better then both.

What are your thoughts ?

~ Joey

Patriot America would look awesome with white arms and legs and blue hands! You're a great torso sticker desginer, and a wonderful member to have aboard.

Keep up the work. I look forward to seeing pictures of the real figs. :)

Seems this topic has died off a little, .

Heres the next batch to try and bring some life back to the topic.

From Left to Right:

Keen Marksman, Mystic Fortune and Raging Wolf

keen_marksman.gif_thumb.jpg mystic_fortune1.gif_thumb.jpg raging_wolf.gif_thumb.jpg

(Images = Links)

Let me know what you think

~ Joey

Patriot America looks like Captain America. I'm guessing hes the idea you used. ;)

That will do >-|

Whoa !

Page 3, this won't do. Guess it's time for an update.

Well here are the three figs I am currently working on,

Patriot America

Quick-Fire

Raging Wolf

As you can see theres nothing really special about PA, but then again does a minifig really need to be special to be unique ? Quick-Fire on the other hand has been customized a little bit, by attaching gold foil fins to his underarms and head (excuse the poor lighting in the picture). Finally Raging Wolf has been customized by attaching fins to his head that look curiously enough like those of Wolverines. The fins still need to be smoothed out and then painted black, other then that. These figs are one step away from being complete.

Let me know what you think.

~ Elven Mage

Are Raging Wolf's claws custom or official parts? They look great :wub:

Actually, those are official Megabloks parts. From the Wolverine minifig set, although the rest of the stuff in the set is junk. The Claws are as you said "great" :wub:

EEK! MEGABLOKS! :-D Other than that, great figs!

Well folks, after a very long delay and with the help of my great friend Red Bean from over at MCN, I now have one figure completed,

Quick-fire

quick-fire_fig_complete.jpgquick-fire_fig_complete2.jpg

The arm and head fins are made from postercard (couldn't find styrene sheets) covered with gold foil. I may end up redoing the fines with styrene sheet. Also, I know that the stud isn't the prettiest, but I had to work around the stud... I beginning to feel it will be much easier to remove the stud altogether...

My apologizes for resurrecting such an old topic, just thought you all might like an update, even if it is 3 months past due...

It's really quite excellent.

I'm no expert on these things, and the fins may be essential for your character, but I can't help but think that you might want to drop the shiny fins on the head and dtrunk. The fig itself looks so good, so "real". But the fins make it clear that it is "home made".

I'll forward to seeing some of the other characters coming our way.