gormadoc

Rengade Runner v.s Cross Bone Clipper

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Rengade Runner
    • Cross Bone Clipper

The Renegade Runner and the Cross Bone Clipper are two fine pirate vessels that have ever sailed the seven sea's. They are both smaller than your average sized Read Beard Runner but they are both quick and agile. They are also similar in design. So I be askin ya... which d'you prefer?

Renegade Runner

6268-1.jpg

The Renegade Runner is Captain Ironhook's finest ship. It has a good storage capacity, a swivel cannon and an appealing design. It is a ship that has fled from many battles.

Cross Bone Clipper

6250-1.jpg

Captain Redbeard of uses the Cross Bone clipper for stealthy attacks on ports, it's design allows the ship to disguise itself as a merchant vessel. Like the Renegade Runner, it has a swivel cannon and storage space although unlike the Renegade Runner it's wonderful design allows it to take take on enemy damage.

So which vessel will you choose?

Edited by SlyOwl

I prefer the Renegade Runner just because of the color scheme. The Cross bone Clipper has too much green and red which makes it seem <insert that tiresome argument>.

Cross Bone Clipper, its more realistic. I like RR but it lacks an essential part....a steering wheel :pir_wacko:

RR, better sails, better color scheme. The CBC looks a little unfinished and <insert that tiresome argument>. Good point about the steering wheel though...

CBC, because all pirate ships look the same, this one is in camo and also has the lift piece, like a crane.

I like the crossbone clippers design, but I prefer the colorscheme and the sails of the rengade runner.

A combination would be awesome. :pir-classic:

If I had to choose, I'd pick de rengade runner.

It has 2 sails and looks better. The only problem is the steering wheel and the bow (it looks a bit weird imho)

Both sets have charming features, but both also lack in certain areas. Like most have said, the RR lacks an essential element in the wheel. Part of the hull and the rudder are also blue, a curious choice for color. The color scheme of the CC has actually grown on me over the years. It has the wheel, but it also has a lance that is connected to the rudder, which defeats the purpose of having the wheel. The set does look somewhat incomplete when you see the CC and the RR side by side. The RR has 4 figs, including Capt Ironhook, while the CC only has 3. But the CC does have a wench, which was a hard figure to come by. I believe the CC was the 2nd cheapest set to ever include a wench. I'd probably have to give my vote to the RR, but the CC is still a pretty cool set.

These 2 ships are no match against real bigger ship. Both has a single canon, only 2 sials and how much cargo can they take with them. The need the space for life support and weapons. No more left for treasure.

I doubt really if they are faster then a real suriously warship. But both has a funny design and playability for kids. And cheap when compared with bigger ships. I like the RR more, because only of it's colors. I wouldn't buy these 2 anyway. I think sets 6274 & 6271 has a size of little fishingships already.

I also voted Renegade Runner (while uploading new pics of the Achille :pir-wink: )

I think it is something unique and very realistic because of its rigging which has noe square sails!

The CBC has the most ugly colourscheme I have ever seen on an official Lego set. When I saw one on ebay, I didn't believe it to be a set at all! The double steering mechanism and the gun which cannot be moved to the other side (!) add to the impression that this in my opinion is the worst pirate set ever released.

But that'ts just my opinion.

Perfectionist

I prefer the classier look of the Renegade Runner, its fits in best with the rest of the line. The Cross Bone Clippper is one of the later sets that I prefer though.

I like the Renegade Runner most. Not because I have two of them :pir-tongue: , but it just looks more "Pirate-ish" :pir_laugh2: The flag is scarier and the colours are darker.

On the other hand the pirates of the Cross Bone Clipper are better..

Put these on the Renegade and you have the vessel you've ever wanted :pir-wink:

I got the Renegade Runner brand new for a birthday back in I think, '93/'94? My first pirate set and one of my first Lego sets for that matter. Besides what everyone else said, no steering wheel (always wondered why they couldn't add a few pieces and put one in) it's a pretty cool little set. The CBC is a lame excuse for a ship. It's the only pirate ship I don't have.

Edited by MillerTime

I vote RR, both because it's a better model with better sails and colour than the CBC. Neither of the ships sport a fashionable bow, but RR pulls it off with the subtle colour scheme. The way the sails are set, also tips the scale in favow of RR. It makes it look more slick and flexible, then the, sorry to say, fat-looking CBC. Also the RR is one of two lego models that has followed me since christmas 1993, when i got it at a tender age of 4. My very first LEGO system models :)

Edited by Toci

The RR. It has much more appealing color scheme, and I like the 2 sails. Sadly it has no steering wheel, but this can be easily fixed.

Renegade Runner for me as well! I'm not too surprised at how one sided this poll is though, the Cross Bone Clipper is the recipient of an unfortunate color scheme...

Although I've never seen this set up until today, I vote Cross Bone Clipper! :pir_laugh2:

While the color scheme and design may be considered <insert that tiresome argument>, I say it's unique and gives the ship character! Also, it kinda has a One Piece feel about it, and lord knows I'm an anime fan (Funimation please, not that 4Kids garbage version).

Now, to hunt one down! Yar-har! :pir-grin: