Sign in to follow this  
roblin

Rancor MOC

Hello!

Very good use of those technic hinge and towball bricks! I especially like your Malakili figure! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow I really like this good job :thumbup: . I know also how hard it can be to build a rancor especially getting the shape down :blush: . Anyways great job again.

Oh wow, you did a great job. I love the face, it's very movie accurate!

Is it as poseable as it looks?

That rancor is beautiful. For the trainer I woulld have used the mechanics body from the Indiana Jones Flying Wing set to make him look muscular but I still love this MOC. I hope to see more :classic:

That rancor is beautiful. For the trainer I woulld have used the mechanics body from the Indiana Jones Flying Wing set to make him look muscular but I still love this MOC. I hope to see more :classic:

If you remember in the move the trainer was not muscular at all, in fact he was kind of fat.

Great job, although it has a cartoon feel to it, it still definitely looks like a rancor. It actually bears quite a resemblance to the Domo mascot. Nice work!

Welcome to EB roblin :sweet:

Very nice rancor! :oh::wub:

Well done! and looking forward to seeing more MOCs from you. :sweet:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

I can't view Eurobricks without posting a comment on this MOC - the previous one was quite sculpey'ey' but still looked good.

This MOC looks even better (not for the aesthetics but because it's all TLG pieces) and I don't know why I haven't done something similar although maybe not as good) myself - lack of funds and brown pieces would play a part in not being able to build it for me. I never knew how well the gripping pieces and the tooth pieces would suit each other as the top and bottom jaws but they worked perfectly, as with the circular pieces from the bottom of a gearstick. Not only is the mififig scale roughly correct, but so are the tiny details such as the brown 1x1 circular pieces on the arms. I only thing I can fault with the MOC is the appearance of the red parts of the technic joints for the legs, which wouldn't attract attention if they were bley like the others. Otherwise, a faultless MOC and you're very welcome to Eurobricks in my opinion roblin :thumbup:

One of my rare posts in SW forum.

But this is perfect!

It is amazing how you did it!

I like every segment of it.

Details are phenomenal, great job, man!

Wow, this is a great Rancor, and I believe it is one of the best Lego ones I have ever seen. It looks like everything fits together just perfectly to make it in rough minifig scale.

If you remember in the move the trainer was not muscular at all, in fact he was kind of fat.
In that case I would suggest Patrick Star's torso.

Great work! This is one of thje best lego rancors I've ever seen I like how he can open and close his mouth. :classic: But his head looks to cute to be a rancor in fact I think his face looks a little bit more like a domo sorry. :laugh:

domo.png

Great work! I really like how you used that piece for the eyes they look really good. I like how you used brown and tan instead of just one colour because that wouldve made it a bit bland but using two looks really great

I think his face looks a little bit more like a domo sorry. :laugh:

I kinda does actually. But I think it looks more like a rancor

great work! :thumbup:

Wow, what a great welcome to the board! Thank you all. I am not familliar with the domo character, I

Edited by roblin