starwarsfanatic

Fort Legoredo

I am thinking of purchasing Fort LEGOREDO and wanted to know what EB members thought of the set. I couldn't find a review or a topic for the set so I decided to create one, but my question is Do you think Fort LEGOREDO is a good set worth buying?

I myself find this a very good set with many minifigs and horses, I don't own the original but the re-released edition.

There are many play features and some nice bricks.

But there is a review on Eurobricks by TheBrickster:

Part 1

Part 2

You could also look on Brickset, to read some other opinions.

But if you can get this set for a reasonable price I would definitely buy it.

the Inventor

Edited by the Inventor

I had this set and found it awesome.

It made a lot of fun to play with it, also there are some nice pieces in.

If you get it for a good price I only can say:

Buy it!

Excellent set, maybe a little too big (64x64studs) and empty on the inside (there is empty space in size of 32x32 baseplate inside), but this are all minor disadvantages. Must have for every western collector!

I think fort Legoredo is awesome set. I remember wanting it when I was into Wild West theme. If you can get it for a decent price and like Wild West, that one is a must.

This is a great set! I have two of them, one from the original release and one I found for a jaw-dropping price of $12 UDS at a thrift store a while ago. :oh:

The thrift store one, besides being dusty was completely in tact. And there was the 6716 Covered Wagon mixed in there also in tact! :grin:

The only "down-side" to the set is the wooden wall panels, since there isn't all that much you can do except make a fort out of them (case in point -- the Vikings). But other than that, great set and a must for Western lovers.

I sold mine. But it is beautiful set. You should buy one if you like how iot looks like on pictures, because it looks like much better when you build it!

As a real Western fanatic I really would urge you to buy this set, starwarsfanatic!

This set is really the money worth it!

Like The Inventor I own the S@H version from 2002 - but there is to my knowledge (apart from the layout of the building instruction) no difference to the original version. And I must say that I really :wub: this set and will surely not buy it (when I'm not forced to)!

It includes really everything a fort needs: two big gates, a small gate (which you can even use as a stable), two big towers, one small tower, two drap doors, two hiding places, a jail, a very lovely and detailed designed office, three horses, a small carriage, many soldiers, some bandidts, a cannon and a lot of accessory. You can combine the four different sections how you like to - combined you get a decent looking big fort (which can be well stored since you can store the different parts seperately). What do you want more?! After Gold City Junction this is definately the best Western set!

Klaus-Dieter

And I must say that I really :wub: this set and will surely not buy it (when I'm not forced to)!

I think you mean you will not sell it. :wink:

It's a fantastic set, the headquarters alone is already enough but you get everything you need. :thumbup:

I'm a sucker for Wild West topics. With that said...

Legoredo can be considered one of those "all time" Legends". Not until building does one realize how wonderful the set is. It's built in four sections, each on its own tan baseplate. It's very large, and contains lots of brown log bricks, and packed with figs and accessories. The back section, "headquarters" has a really slick trap with two chairs and a poker table. Turning the table one way causes one trap door that leads to safety (horse or ground), while the other leads to the "pockie"/cell. It's too cool. There's a few secret compartments for hiding loot, and just a huge amount of playability with the set.

In terms of parts, this set has formed the foundation of my Grave Stone creations with many useful pieces. I would buy again in a heart beat. :wub:

Thanks all for your opinions on the set. Now I must find it very cheap somewhere. /Clicks on eBay link at the top of the web page and leaves EuroBricks/

Edited by starwarsfanatic

You should get it for no more then 30-40 euros. I got mine for 60 together with rapid river village and sheriff's office.