What a great MOC indeed Henri! It's well furnished and has a beautiful exterior as well. Why don't you start a new thread and post some more pictures and info about this wonderful modular building?

Indeed a wonderful creation. You mentioned earlier that you bought a display model (?) from a Lego store.

We also own a Lego building which was made by people of the Lego Shop in Oberhaussen, Germany.

It contains a Lego Store and Starbucks on the ground floor, a nightclub on second and third floor and a photostudio on the 4th floor.

I would like to post pictures of this building but am not sure how and where to post them. (what is max file-size or resolution, how to upload etc.etc.)

Did you modify it in any way? If it's basically just the building you bought assembled, you might want to prevent people from thinking it's 100% your own MOC. You mention that in the post I quoted above, but since it's so far back in this topic by now, people may not be aware (just friendly advice, please don't take it wrong).

Anyway, I agree with MetroiD: whether it's entirely your own or not, it deserves a topic of it's own (also because it's not entirely on-topic here).

WHERE WHERE WHERE did you get this ?????

Henri

Edited by Henri

eheheh! :tongue:

screen_shot_2010-01-29_at_19.11.16.png

<dutch>Hey vet! In Oberhausen gehaald?, liggen er nog meer? </dutch>

edit: Sorry you are not a dutchmen :-)

Where did you get it?

Edited by tomzev

eheheh! :tongue:

screen_shot_2010-01-29_at_19.11.16.png

Well......now.........you know what to do !

If you're got it then..........

Write us a review..........PLEASE ! :grin:

Come on, you've had this at least an hour and a half now, where's the review? :wink:

It looks different somehow on the box - the blue/red flags look odd to me - dark green and gold ones would look so cool :wub: (already plotting MODs!)

Come on, you've had this at least an hour and a half now, where's the review? :wink:

:laugh: Let the guy enjoy his purchase... plus there will still be an element of surprise once you buy it yourself :wink:

It looks different somehow on the box - the blue/red flags look odd to me - dark green and gold ones would look so cool :wub: (already plotting MODs!)

I also think that may be a little out of place, but I guess the designer consciously made the choice for red and blue (gold flags are in production I guess, so that's probably not the reason not to use them).

It's possible he just printed out one of the High Quality pictures and pasted it to a different box! :tongue:

Seriously though, I'd at least like to see the back of the box, should give us an idea of what to expect from some of the other floors.

Depends. Grand Emporium is listed on the US Lego.com site

More Pics

Nooooooo...

Green grocer is no longer sold on S@H. I was planning on getting it this month before Grand Emporium comes out.

Depends. Grand Emporium is listed on the US Lego.com site

More Pics

OMG !

That second floor is so AWESOME......I must buy this when it comes out. :grin:

Love to see the instructions I would love to build one in classic open back format, I could base it on Myers in Dubbo N.S.W. !

Thanks for information 'DHCP1121' and I&#39;m a conformist&#33; ! :grin:

It's listed on the European S@H now too.

26 Feb? :oh::wub:

Ooh, dark tan hair on the 'groom' in the window display :wub: :wub:

26 Feb? :oh::wub:

Really? It says Feb 20th for Canada.

Ooh, dark tan hair on the 'groom' in the window display :wub: :wub:

Looks like regular tan to me...

Nooooooo...

Green grocer is no longer sold on S@H. I was planning on getting it this month before Grand Emporium comes out.

It is available in the USA.

It says 20th here.

Edited by Follows Closely

Really? It says Feb 20th for Canada.

You just like to argue.

I think we all realise by now that US and Europe/ rest of world often have different dates.

Tan comparison!

post-1768-1265073576.jpg

Wow, the middle floor looks great! :wub:

Also, a quote from LEGO Shop:

Welcome to the grand opening of the Grand Emporium!

"The LEGO Modular Buildings series continues with this spectacularly detailed 3-story department store, designed in a realistic scale with lots of special building techniques and rare pieces. On the street outside, citizens carry shopping bags, send letters at the mailbox, admire the window mannequins, then cool off at the ice cream stand while a busy window washer works above. Enter through the revolving doors to discover a ground-floor clothing department, complete with a cash register, fitting room, hats, jewelry, perfume, and even a selection of spare trousers. A brick-built escalator carries customers to the second floor housewares department with glassware and golden plates for special occasions, and then it’s up to the top floor for the toy department (complete with toy house and push-scooter) with an impressive chandelier above the open atrium. Up on the roof are a billboard and skylight!

• Add this classic department store to your LEGO Modular Buildings collection
  • Grand Emporium features many authentic details
  • Set includes 7 minifigures
  • Measures 15"" (38 cm) high and 10 in (25 cm) wide

Seven minifigs! :oh3:

So apparently the ground floor is a clothing department, the second floor is a housewares department, and the top floor is the toy department (complete with toy house and push scooter)! :oh:

You just like to argue.

I'm just trying to be subtle when it comes to me showing pity on you :wink:

post-1768-1265073576.jpg

I think it's just the lighting on the hair piece. We all know Lego have had impossible shadow angles in the past. Don't think I didn't notice the name of the file, by the way...

It is available in the USA.

It says 20th here.

My bad. For some reason I couldn't find it a while ago. :wacko:

On the topic, this set looks very gorgeous, a sure buy.

Edited by lisqr

I'm just trying to be subtle when it comes to me showing pity on you :wink:

I think it's just the lighting on the hair piece. We all know Lego have had impossible shadow angles in the past. Don't think I didn't notice the name of the file, by the way...

How are you guys seeing this on the lego.com site?